Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes

Netflix's Ultimate Beastmaster

Anyone watching this?

Started this weekend and I'm halfway done. I'm surprised that I'm enjoying it so much. The obstacles are tough but fun, and the commentators from each country are fantastic. The only thing I don't like is when the switch to the rope for the Faceplant. That thing just shreds their hands!
Baaaaaaaaa!
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1026 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
LOL! I was literally binge-watching it w/ my mom and sisters this past weekend. It got bad reviews though online. But I'm going to be on Episode 7 tonight lol those Koreans are crazy good. The Germans are pretty good as well.

The Korean hosts have my heart though. They are hilarious, especially the girl's facial expressions when they lose.

I was wondering too why they switched to the rope. Thought that was unfair considering it was a chain link before.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
Hmm, I thought it would get decent reviews. Oh well.

I do think some of the challenges are a bit tilted in favour of rock climbers. ESPECIALLY level 4. If they have a season 2, they need to balance it out a bit.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3539 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
I've been slowly watching it. I follow shows like Sasuke and Ninja Warriors.
IMO Beastmaster isn't as exciting to watch, and a lot more fails or incompletes.
One may say that the competitors aren't as skilled as Ninja Warriors, but to be fair, all obstacles are new and these guys don't really have any way to prepare for the course unlike the long running Ninja Warriors course.

I'd finish it regardless, season 2 is already in the works and hopefully they improve it further.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1026 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 4:00 pm
Hmm, I thought it would get decent reviews. Oh well.

I do think some of the challenges are a bit tilted in favour of rock climbers. ESPECIALLY level 4. If they have a season 2, they need to balance it out a bit.
Reviews are subjective to me though. I enjoy the show and so does my family so we watch it ! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

The Grid Lock on Level 4 is nuts though and you can tell, some of the shoes won't even fit on the slats so they get stuck there. It is definitely geared more towards the rock climbers, with the Mag Wall too. One of them wore rock climbing shoes (but the contestant was a rock climber so...) and he won. I think one of the German contestants from Episode 1 went barefoot as well to try and get up that wall. So yes, hopefully they do balance it out a bit more.

The Ejector part (the long treadmill), I don't get why they are waiting for the end before jumping. I feel like they have a better chance at grabbing the rope if they have a running start and then jump way before it reaches the end . So many mis-timed launches off that thing, it's disappointing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
mzkaye729 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 4:17 pm
The Ejector part (the long treadmill), I don't get why they are waiting for the end before jumping. I feel like they have a better chance at grabbing the rope if they have a running start and then jump way before it reaches the end . So many mis-timed launches off that thing, it's disappointing.
I thought this too, but in this case I really think it just looks WAY easier than it actually is. That's one challenge that I want to try myself, it looks really fun.

Good that they're working on season 2. Let's get Russia and China in this competition too! :)
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1026 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 4:21 pm
I thought this too, but in this case I really think it just looks WAY easier than it actually is. That's one challenge that I want to try myself, it looks really fun.

Good that they're working on season 2. Let's get Russia and China in this competition too! :)
Hahaha! I certainly do wish I had a playground with this kind of obstacle course. The Ejector looks challenging, it does look easier than it actually is. I want to try my hand at the Stomach Churn (spinning platform gears) and the Digestive Track (the sinking upwards-angled tube) myself lol Hopefully they include a different set of countries for Season 2 as well or include more w/ the original line-up.
Oct 26, 2016
353 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
I started watching the first episode and the German 18yr old kid (Simon) is the one to beat so far. So many of these competitors are weak and it's embarrassing. Ninja warriors are so much more skilled. It is frustrating watching these competitive shows especially when you know that you can do better yourself, the guys that fall off the ejector are just weak.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1026 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
Just finished the season finale this morning too. What a turn of events !! Really hoping there is a Season 2.
Mar 17, 2006
554 posts
63 upvotes
Markham
Boo, no Brazilians or Korean hosts this season.

Here are the countries playing:
  1. Spain
  2. France
  3. Italy
  4. China
  5. India
  6. USA