• Nov 21st, 2015 12:42 pm
[OP]
Nov 6, 2011
123 posts
100 upvotes
Mississauga

[Memory Express] Netgear Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 - $156 after PM in BB

MemoryExpress has this router on sale for $159.99 until Nov 12, 00:00 EST

You can price match in BestBuy and get an additional $4 off + avoid the shipping fees if needed.

Also you can try to PM in Staples and then look for one of those $$ off coupons and bring the price down to at least $150

UPDATE: Although the ME discount is almost ended, for now, there are some additional ways to get even better price than it was originally posted here. Just read through this thread and you might still have a chance to grab one.
P.S. Staples is offering an extended return policy for the Holidays period. So in case you find a better price on BF or BD you can always return it.

Thanks to MuaySteve who mentioned about the upcoming deal, and to jackleblack and to Suthek who made it Super-HOT! That's what I call Teamwork! :D
111 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2005
4454 posts
601 upvotes
Thanks OP. I just bought it for $179.99 from Best Buy, and will try to Price Match tomorrow (fingers crossed).

<edit> I think Best Buy will add at least $8.99 shipping to the $159.99 since there are no Memory Express stores in the GTA, so it may not be worth the hassle.
Jan 30, 2014
959 posts
208 upvotes
Ottawa
This is hot if pmd with staples as it would bring the price with 20 coupon decently low.
[OP]
Nov 6, 2011
123 posts
100 upvotes
Mississauga
mystery wrote:
Nov 11th, 2015 12:34 am
<edit> I think Best Buy will add at least $8.99 shipping to the $159.99 since there are no Memory Express stores in the GTA
YMMV I guess... Never happened to me though. Also, same can occur during PM with Staples.
May 5, 2008
23 posts
12 upvotes
DarkVelvet55 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2015 12:34 am
This is hot if pmd with staples as it would bring the price with 20 coupon decently low.
Coupon? Where can I find that?
Jan 30, 2014
959 posts
208 upvotes
Ottawa
tyoer wrote:
Nov 11th, 2015 3:00 am
Coupon? Where can I find that?
Coupon megathread here on rfd, can try your luck with Google. Friends family, in store on discount days, email newsletter from staples. Look around, they aren't super common like the $10 so ymmv but that would make it the best deal.
Jan 30, 2014
959 posts
208 upvotes
Ottawa
Also wanted to ask if anyone has experience using this router with a home camera system? It seems I can't access my camera system externally now, as the router goes into a sleep mode or something. So only way to keep it active Is to send a ping to check email every few minutes, not something I want to do. Anyone know how to make it work? (Rocket WiFi from Rogers In bridge mode, using just the rocket I can access my camera system, so that's what makes me think it's a setting or "feature" of the r7000) contacted support but they have no idea..
Nov 25, 2013
392 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DarkVelvet55 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2015 4:13 am
Also wanted to ask if anyone has experience using this router with a home camera system? It seems I can't access my camera system externally now, as the router goes into a sleep mode or something. So only way to keep it active Is to send a ping to check email every few minutes, not something I want to do. Anyone know how to make it work? (Rocket WiFi from Rogers In bridge mode, using just the rocket I can access my camera system, so that's what makes me think it's a setting or "feature" of the r7000) contacted support but they have no idea..
not sure how to resolve your issue with the camera but wondering...did you get the r7000 AFTER having the Rocket wifi modem or did you already have it? If after, why? I ask bc I have a Rocket wifi modem as well and not sure if I should also get a router and simply set the modem to bridge mode, if it means a better wifi experience. I'm happy with the range of the Rocket modem (i aslo use an extender) at the moment but I'm always looking to improve the wifi in my house any way I can. TIA
Nov 26, 2003
382 posts
49 upvotes
DarkVelvet55 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2015 4:13 am
I am using it with dlink cameras. I reserved LAN IP addresses for each camera and that solved any issues I was having with them going offline...
Jan 9, 2012
362 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! This was the router I wanted(bought the tplink archer c7 3 days ago). Price matched with staples and used my $10 code. Paid maybe $30 more for what, by all accounts, is a better router.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1549 posts
418 upvotes
Sudbury
I've had this router since Last December...and just yesterday the WIFI started acting up....I kept having to restart the router and it would drop my wifi connection and not allow me to log into the router's control panel anymore. Not sure why that happened, however I just did a factory reset and hopefully that solved the issue.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9216 posts
3300 upvotes
Ottawa
Love this router, hate that it looks like a 747 landed in my office when it's dark. This thing is brighter than my freakin xmas tree.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain