Expired Hot Deals

[NetworkSolutions.com] Network Solutions: Domain Name Registrations $0.50 - HOT!

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2013 9:54 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes

[NetworkSolutions.com] Network Solutions: Domain Name Registrations $0.50 - HOT!

More offers from NetworkSolutions.com
Network Solutions is offering 1-Year Domain Name Registrations for $0.50. Valid for .com, .net, .org, .biz and .info names. If you are not seeing the offer, enter offer code NCDISC0041 during checkout. Thanks travbrw

Note, be sure to remove the $9.99 Private Registration in cart.

Network Solutions is currently offering 1yr new registrations for only $.50! No extra fees or taxes, just 2 quarters (Just make sure to uncheck the $9.99 Private registration charge)

.com, .net, .org, .biz and .info names are eligible.

$0.50 domain offer applies to nsWebAddress™ product for new purchases of domain extensions .com, .net, .org, .biz, and .info only. Available for 1 year terms. Upon expiration, all domains will be renewed at the then current price. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Discount applied in shopping cart. Term discounts do not apply. This offer is available for online purchases at NetworkSolutions.com only. Maximum 3 domain names can be purchased at one time. Offer good at time of initial purchase only.
22 replies
Mar 27, 2012
690 posts
154 upvotes
Gotham
Second domain I added is $35 dollars. How did you add more than 1?
May 21, 2008
517 posts
91 upvotes
Winnipeg
Regular price after the promotion year expires is $35 per year per domain? Great prices.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
antonbrk wrote:
Apr 21st, 2013 6:14 pm
Regular price after the promotion year expires is $35 per year per domain? Great prices.
Not a big deal just transfer your domains elsewhere
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
1381 posts
685 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DO NOT USE REGISTER.COM FOR ANY REASON!

If you do a quick Google, you'll see that all the reviews for register.com have an average of 1 star, and that there are claims that register.com sells your information like phone number and such. They also spam you with e-mails. Their Privacy Policy that nobody reads allows them to do this. In conclusion, DO NOT USE REGISTER.COM FOR ANY REASON!
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1384 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2013 11:23 pm

If you do a quick Google, you'll see that all the reviews for register.com have an average of 1 star, and that there are claims that register.com sells your information like phone number and such. They also spam you with e-mails. Their Privacy Policy that nobody reads allows them to do this. In conclusion, DO NOT USE REGISTER.COM FOR ANY REASON!
In most cases, unless you use alternative address, your information is already fully exposed to EVERYBODY on the internet with a WHOIS - so they don't have to sell it to anybody at all.

Also another warning (not a big issues) with Network Solutions is that they love to call you non-stop after you registered to ask you to buy stuff, so make sure you sign up for a freephoneline.ca phone number (or voip) to forward or screen it out. Yes - they are very persistent, call you everyday twice for 2 months straight.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1384 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
palmer wrote:
Apr 21st, 2013 6:24 pm
Not a big deal just transfer your domains elsewhere
Know of any cheap "domain transfer" deals around? Cheapest one I have found so far is to godaddy at around $8.99 for .com/.org/.net (.info and .me is expensive, I should have avoided it if I knew) LOL
Dec 11, 2009
58 posts
5 upvotes
Markham
vaporize wrote:
Apr 21st, 2013 11:53 pm
Know of any cheap "domain transfer" deals around? Cheapest one I have found so far is to godaddy at around $8.99 for .com/.org/.net (.info and .me is expensive, I should have avoided it if I knew) LOL
Hover charges USD$10 transfer fee (I don't know the prices for .info or .me though, just the big three), but there are coupon codes (HONEST or TWIT) that will shave off 10%. The coupon codes are, so far for me, reusable for transfers, transfers + X years, and new domain names. I have not tried renewals yet, but it should not be a problem.
vaporize wrote:In most cases, unless you use alternative address, your information is already fully exposed to EVERYBODY on the internet with a WHOIS - so they don't have to sell it to anybody at all.
Some registrars offer private registration, provided that the TLD did not prohibit it (for example, .ca domains allow it for individuals, but not for corporations/organizations). Some registrars will charge a fee for this service (for example, as OP mentioned, $9.99 for Network Solutions), while others will offer it free. Hover is in the latter camp.

However, be forewarned that Hover is a Canadian company, even though the prices are in USD, and will tack on taxes during checkout.
Sep 11, 2012
156 posts
17 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2013 11:23 pm

I hope I had heard of it before. I bought a domain with them and they call me everyday. After calling they just hang up.
They never stop sending emails and they call every day.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1384 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
djbuss wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 7:27 pm
I hope I had heard of it before. I bought a domain with them and they call me everyday. After calling they just hang up.
They never stop sending emails and they call every day.
Go into your account and change to a random phone number, make sure you change your domain's contact too, and see if it will cancel them.

I just used register.com and I have to agreed with somebody up there, you CANNOT TURN OFF AUTO-RENEW without calling into their number
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
1381 posts
685 upvotes
Richmond Hill
vaporize wrote:
Apr 21st, 2013 11:45 pm
In most cases, unless you use alternative address, your information is already fully exposed to EVERYBODY on the internet with a WHOIS - so they don't have to sell it to anybody at all.

Also another warning (not a big issues) with Network Solutions is that they love to call you non-stop after you registered to ask you to buy stuff, so make sure you sign up for a freephoneline.ca phone number (or voip) to forward or screen it out. Yes - they are very persistent, call you everyday twice for 2 months straight.
Thing is, people don't check whois of obscure pages just so that they can make telemarketing calls. Register.com probably sells their client information in bulk to those telemarketers.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1384 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2013 7:49 am
Thing is, people don't check whois of obscure pages just so that they can make telemarketing calls. Register.com probably sells their client information in bulk to those telemarketers.
Actually alot of those scammy registrars will scan WHOIS information regularly and then call them up and ask them for renewal and hosting packages and such, it is not that unusual. :)

I don't dispute what you said, many of these people will sell your information in a blink :) Given that your domain is $0.50 .... I think it's way below their cost even buying bulk & wholesale; so for business, they have to get their money back somehow. I just hate that they do not allow you to stop "auto-renew" without calling into their number... I guess it will either be transfer out or ignored.
Mar 16, 2005
966 posts
65 upvotes
Windsor
1&1 Currently has a .99 promo. $5.50 renewal per year. Not bad imo.
Regards,
-P

Ebay
Heatware
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1384 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Goober56 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2013 10:24 am
1&1 Currently has a .99 promo. $5.50 renewal per year. Not bad imo.
NOW, 1&1 is one that I have to put my warning forward. MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL YOUR UNWANTED DOMAIN WHEN IT EXPIRES ~~~ !!!!!! Last time I let it expired on its own and 1&1 just continues to bill me and then send it to a collection agency to try to collect $30 from me (for a $4.99 charge) AND RUIN MY CREDIT FILE.

The collection agency will call you for a year straight !@!!!!!

Everybody else, just let it expire and ignore it.
× < >