Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1387 posts
67 upvotes

Never got my GST check,

Well, its now the end of the month and I never got my check, where do u call to inquire?
Share:
9 replies
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
707 posts
Canuck_2005 wrote:Well, its now the end of the month and I never got my check, where do u call to inquire?
First did you opt to have it direct into your bank account.Second did you mark it on your tax return if you did not you may have a issue.Now to check it go to gov.on.ca all the info is right there.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7385 posts
69 upvotes
reidjr wrote:First did you opt to have it direct into your bank account.Second did you mark it on your tax return if you did not you may have a issue.Now to check it go to gov.on.ca all the info is right there.
The GST returns are done by Revenue Canada, not the Ontario government. Here's an exerpt from the actual site.
If they have not received their cheques by October 20, they should contact the GST/HST Credit Enquiries service at 1-800-959-1953. This service is available from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., local time, on weekdays.
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-e.html
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
707 posts
Bordello wrote:The GST returns are done by Revenue Canada, not the Ontario government. Here's an exerpt from the actual site.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-e.html
Yes but there is a spot on your tax return where you have to check it off.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7385 posts
69 upvotes
reidjr wrote:Yes but there is a spot on your tax return where you have to check it off.
What does that have anything to do with the Gov of Ontario?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
707 posts
Bordello wrote:What does that have anything to do with the Gov of Ontario?
It does for what every reason.
Jul 5, 2004
21393 posts
1589 upvotes
reidjr wrote:It does for what every reason.
No it doesn't. Tax returns are from the federal government, not the provincial government.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2005
3789 posts
42 upvotes
South Orange
Canuck_2005 wrote:Well, its now the end of the month and I never got my check, where do u call to inquire?
another alternative is that if you work and your income increased during the year due to a promotion or a job change to a certain threshold, you will stop receiving the GST cheques. In other words, once you're not considered a low-income earner you won't get it anymore :lol:
7 upvotes
Kingston
if you work and your income increased during the year due to a promotion or a job change to a certain threshold, you will stop receiving the GST cheques

no, once you get a raise or whatever, you continue to get the same amount until the april (or maybe july) cheque of the next year. You are reassessed at tax time, and your cheque amount for the next year (4 pmts) is determined again. They don't reassess everytime your income changes throughout the year.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6846 posts
394 upvotes
Just call them and ask. They'll tell you what happened. sometimes cheques get lost, sent to wrong addresses, etc. If you tell them you didn't get it, they'll reissue the cheque and void the original.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
× < >