ya.....5 years too late
Yes it is too late.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1689 posts
182 upvotes
GTA
ya but if you are in a corporate environment that still requires BB, then this is a most welcome upgrade.
Aug 30, 2011
686 posts
65 upvotes
Edmonton
A lot of the BlackBerry fans around me have switched to iPhone or Android. I say it's too late too, and without the physical keyboard I see no reason to get a BlackBerry. That shade of blue reminds me of Twitter apps.
[OP]
Aug 23, 2007
325 posts
72 upvotes
fluidmax wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2012 3:35 pm
ya.....5 years too late
So let's stop innovating because something is defined as 'late'. That's a great mentality. I guess Apple should stop refining they're maps app because a proper release would be late. Also, you're going to base you decisions on a product because it is late? If any company comes out with a new, innovative product why not critically appraise the product instead of focusing on an irrelative factor such as the date of release.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1934 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
Is that the final design of the phone? Is that a case?
[OP]
Aug 23, 2007
325 posts
72 upvotes
wwedx wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2012 4:19 pm
Is that the final design of the phone? Is that a case?
That's a developer device that has been seeded to app developers so they can test they're apps prior to the launch of BB10. Thus, it is not the final hardware.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2638 posts
202 upvotes
LOL at "too late" comments, I won't even waste my time.

@wwedx: That's not the final design. It's the Dev Alpha that was sent out to developers so that they can test their apps on an actual device. The real devices will be announced Jan 2013.

Can't wait to see what they have in store.
Banned
Mar 23, 2012
773 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Much nicer then WP8 for sure. Looks like a good device, however, my HTC Desire HD can do all that and more, in a superior fashion. I see no need for android users to consider this device. It does trump WP8 tho.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
1904 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
omg...@.@.....
is it i can't do the same with android?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
1610 posts
220 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Really hoping they'll do more to incorporate android than what currently exists on the playbooks.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
1904 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
the playback is not good at all...
i am using it...the android apps aren't helping them that much
Aug 30, 2011
686 posts
65 upvotes
Edmonton
So there are no navigation buttons? Is it just gestures like the PlayBook? I don't know if this will work out, since the PlayBook barely recognized my gestures
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2003
2438 posts
56 upvotes
ad19 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2012 3:57 pm
So let's stop innovating because something is defined as 'late'. That's a great mentality. I guess Apple should stop refining they're maps app because a proper release would be late. Also, you're going to base you decisions on a product because it is late? If any company comes out with a new, innovative product why not critically appraise the product instead of focusing on an irrelative factor such as the date of release.
The problem is innovation and features only go so far. Case in point, Windows Phone, definitely some innovative features over the last few versions but still no big market share. What sells is, as I hate to say it being an Apple user, marketing and perception. The perception is already out there that Blackberry is the old guy in the market and people are starting to move on since they can get the same functionality and enterprise support elsewhere.
× < >