New 55" and 65" .....any help appreciated

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2017 3:28 pm
[OP]
Nov 12, 2016
181 posts
95 upvotes

New 55" and 65" .....any help appreciated

Hey guys .moving to a new home in about a week and am looking for a 55" for my bedroom and at 65" for family room

Budget is around 2g for 65" and 1g for 55 ( won't look to get top of the line for my bedroom)

I am literally a noob when it comes to tv's......anyone who can send me some model numbers it would be great ......

I am not looking for anything in particular.....but the best TV that i can get and is around there for that budget would do it .....
Can wait till black friday if it will be a lot cheaper .....as I have an 42" for now ......

Thx again
7 replies
Jul 5, 2017
44 posts
32 upvotes
Costco has great prices on VIzio in those sizes. I would get the Haier 55 which is 450, and the 65 E series Vizio which is 1299. The vizio has great black levels and is a smart TV. I just got the 70 Vizio e series and I think it's great.

Even if you don't have a membership, it would be worth the $60 for this occasion, because costco's return policy is top notch, the extended warranty's are quite reasonably priced as well. (extended warranty's are often said to be a waste of money, but places like best buy charge up to 200 for an exteded warranty, and mine was 100 from costco, 60 for tv's under 1000)
[OP]
Nov 12, 2016
181 posts
95 upvotes
mrsoandso wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 9:49 pm
Costco has great prices on VIzio in those sizes. I would get the Haier 55 which is 450, and the 65 E series Vizio which is 1299. The vizio has great black levels and is a smart TV. I just got the 70 Vizio e series and I think it's great.

Even if you don't have a membership, it would be worth the $60 for this occasion, because costco's return policy is top notch, the extended warranty's are quite reasonably priced as well. (extended warranty's are often said to be a waste of money, but places like best buy charge up to 200 for an exteded warranty, and mine was 100 from costco, 60 for tv's under 1000)
Thx for the reply .I work at Costco so getting them won't be an issue .wasn't sure if vizio brand makes good tv's but have seen a lot of deals here for that brand .will have a look for sure .thx
Penalty Box
Apr 26, 2017
134 posts
16 upvotes
SumeetJ918740 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 7:01 am
Thx for the reply .I work at Costco so getting them won't be an issue .wasn't sure if vizio brand makes good tv's but have seen a lot of deals here for that brand .will have a look for sure .thx
i thought vizio tv are all crap.?
i thought only sony/telus/lg / and panasonic make the good tvs?
Mar 8, 2008
34 posts
7 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
Honestly, if your looking at a tv from any of the major manufacturers it will look good all by itself, if you put it beside an 8000 series Samsung or a Sony xbr of course those would look better.... I'm waiting for the price of the 55 Samsung frame tv to drop, in the meantime I purchased a 4k 55 rca from the real canadian superstore for $450 and I have no real complaints about the picture, it took some adjustments but anybody that sees it while watching HD says it looks good.....with 4k it looks great!
Sep 28, 2015
133 posts
64 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Vizio M and P series are good choices. The P65 from last year is now $1999 at Costco, and M series 55'' is $888 from Dell I believe. Search in the hot deals forum to find the threads.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10563 posts
3843 upvotes
OP definitely wait for Black Friday unless you can find a really good deal before then.
I am a Zoomer customer.