• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2018 10:26 am
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 31, 2010
122 posts
30 upvotes

New Appliances

looking to see if i made a good investment.

was at the homeshow over the weekend and purchased our 5 appliances for our new home. probably doing this backwards, but we pulled the trigger to lock in these prices...

Fridge - Model #RF26HFENDSR - $1564.41
Range - Model #LSE4611ST - $1664.14
Dish Washer - Model #LDF5545ST - $658.77
Washer - Model #WM3270CW - 759.34
Dryer - Model #DLE3170W - 759.34
$5400 all in + free delivery (I close in August)
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5728 posts
2917 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
soupmaster666 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:19 pm
Two good criteria: are the knobs easy to accidentally turn on, and is the drawer underneath wobbly and cheap feeling.
Our Jenn-Air stove has knobs that are ridiculously easy to accidentally turn on (it is the stove that came with the house we bought last fall, and unfortunatly since it is a downdraft range, there isn't a lot of choice for replacement). You couldn't lean against it without accidentally turning on an element. I was so scared about a fire (especially if one of the Jack Russells jumped against the knobs while we weren't home). What I did was found some baby-proofing knob covers (clear plastic) so at least they can't be accidentally turned on now.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2268 posts
1157 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Chickinvic wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 4:57 pm
Our Jenn-Air stove has knobs that are ridiculously easy to accidentally turn on (it is the stove that came with the house we bought last fall, and unfortunatly since it is a downdraft range, there isn't a lot of choice for replacement). You couldn't lean against it without accidentally turning on an element. I was so scared about a fire (especially if one of the Jack Russells jumped against the knobs while we weren't home). What I did was found some baby-proofing knob covers (clear plastic) so at least they can't be accidentally turned on now.
It's good practice to never put anything flammable on the stovetop, ever. The stove can be on indefinitely, and it will never cause a fire. (Your Jack Russells are smart enough to GTFO, I'm sure.)
I've gone into people's homes and seen pizza boxes, newspapers, etc sitting on the stove. Common sense seems to be optional these days, which is why we have coffee cups that say "Caution; contents hot" on them.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2010
122 posts
30 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:11 pm
You bought an entire LG package. Why the Samsung Fridge?
I KNOW!! LG only had the counter depth S/S with no water/ice. Also my whole family owns the same samsung fridge and no issues
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
29331 posts
4356 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
dookiepants wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:22 pm
I KNOW!! LG only had the counter depth S/S with no water/ice. Also my whole family owns the same samsung fridge and no issues
You did well, congratulations. $5400 is a great deal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5728 posts
2917 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 7:26 pm
It's good practice to never put anything flammable on the stovetop, ever. The stove can be on indefinitely, and it will never cause a fire. (Your Jack Russells are smart enough to GTFO, I'm sure.)
I've gone into people's homes and seen pizza boxes, newspapers, etc sitting on the stove. Common sense seems to be optional these days, which is why we have coffee cups that say "Caution; contents hot" on them.
We don't do that, but I still didn't feel safe with these red hot elements so easily turned on. The dog could accidentally burn themselves or anything. I just would never feel safe in case a paper got knocked onto it or blew on somehow. Call me paranoid, but I feel much better with the safety knobs on.