Food & Drink

NEW AYCE Japanese Restaurant List - GTA

Poll: Has his thead been usefull?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Sep 18, 2004
465 posts
57 upvotes
I guess the list on the front page is a bit outdated? What's a good AYCE place in Richmond Hill/ Markham area?
I briefly scanned thorugh the past few pages and Yummy Sushi seems decent. Anything else?
Jun 21, 2016
656 posts
138 upvotes
Airbum88 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2016 8:31 pm
I guess the list on the front page is a bit outdated? What's a good AYCE place in Richmond Hill/ Markham area?
I briefly scanned thorugh the past few pages and Yummy Sushi seems decent. Anything else?
if you don't mind going to Vaughn (right in front of wonderland) spoon and fork is the best sushi place i've been to

Yellowtail (woodbine and 16th) is really good but it's expensive, only go for dinner since their lunch menu is really small for AYCE. They are really big on their quality.

i haven't been going to any lately so i just go to spoon and fork when i do. About 6 years ago i went almost every weekend but lots of those sushi restaurants closed down, yellow tail stayed though
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10069 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
Sakura on Bloor
GRAND OPENING special 10% off AYCE when paying cash.
Is anyone as confused as I am?
I'm pretty sure this place is not new, but they DO have a grand opening sign in the window.
It is indeed a new sign. It's listing the current dinner and lunch prices! (including an AYCE menu to look at before even entering...)
Dinner AYCE is now $22.99 Mon-Thurs, lunch is $14.99 Mon-Thurs and pop or iced tea is only $1.50 extra, with free refills.
Jun 21, 2016
656 posts
138 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 7:52 pm
Sakura on Bloor
GRAND OPENING special 10% off AYCE when paying cash.
Is anyone as confused as I am?
I'm pretty sure this place is not new, but they DO have a grand opening sign in the window.
It is indeed a new sign. It's listing the current dinner and lunch prices! (including an AYCE menu to look at before even entering...)
Dinner AYCE is now $22.99 Mon-Thurs, lunch is $14.99 Mon-Thurs and pop or iced tea is only $1.50 extra, with free refills.
maybe they just still do 10% with cash, it's quite common at asian restaurants
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10069 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 8:15 pm
maybe they just still do 10% with cash, it's quite common at asian restaurants
The answer to that is no.
They were not doing any discounts last week.
It's a grand opening sign in the window, along with that ten percent off with cash payment.
As I said, the sign is new, not old or faded.
The words "Special 10% of when paying cash" would have been all that is needed.
There might also be new furniture inside.
It may be that the business was sold, but the new owner chose not to change the name of the place.
Jun 21, 2016
656 posts
138 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 10:51 pm
It's a grand opening sign in the window, along with that ten percent off with cash payment.
It may be that the business was sold, but the new owner chose not to change the name of the place.
that's weird lol a new 10% off sign but no discounts?
maybe they just make you go in eat and then when the bill comes it's not 10% off Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10069 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 1:11 pm
that's weird lol a new 10% off sign but no discounts?
maybe they just make you go in eat and then when the bill comes it's not 10% off Face With Tears Of Joy
READ IT AGAIN:
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 10:51 pm
The sign was only posted this week. (along with the 10 percent off sign, for paying cash)
I'm only guessing the business was sold. Maybe they did renovate, but their English is not good enough to know the word "Re-Opening"...that might be it, maybe...(?)
Jun 21, 2016
656 posts
138 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 9:30 pm
READ IT AGAIN:

The sign was only posted this week. (along with the 10 percent off sign, for paying cash)
I'm only guessing the business was sold. Maybe they did renovate, but their English is not good enough to know the word "Re-Opening"...that might be it, maybe...(?)
oh, you could have just said they posted it this week lol

Also I just went to yang's kitchen yesterday night. I haven't been there in over 5-6 years but I can say their food is still very good! Their fish is fresh and all their dishes aren't filled with fillers like dough, rice, breading etc.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10069 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 11:25 am
Also I just went to yang's kitchen yesterday night. I haven't been there in over 5-6 years but I can say their food is still very good! Their fish is fresh and all their dishes aren't filled with fillers like dough, rice, breading etc.
Neither is Mandarin. I LOVE that place, (but they do deserve to have more AYCE competition...)
Rice is the number one filler at a lot of the Japanese AYCE's.
A good Japanese AYCE does not get angry when you pick off some of the rice from the sushi.
Last edited by playnicee1 on Nov 24th, 2016 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 21, 2016
656 posts
138 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 11:48 am
Neither is Mandarin. I LOVE that place, (but they do deserve to have more AYCE competition...)
Rice is the number one filler at a lot of the Japanese AYCE's.
A good Japanese AYCE does not get angry when you pick off some of the rice from the sushi.
(I've been to some Japanese AYCE's that say "NO! You can not leave rice behind on the plate"...and I never went back! lol)
all this mandarin talk i might go this weekend now LOL
I literally haven't been there in 5-6 years too. I still remember their ribs, steak, chicken, prime rib and crab legs.
There was that one spot at the back where people carved meat.

Their salad bar is pretty good to compared to other buffets, they have a good amount of fruit and its
always sweet.

yeah you can also ask for less rice too at most AYCE sushi places or more filling
Last edited by toronto19850 on Nov 24th, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 21, 2016
656 posts
138 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 11:54 am
No complaints about billing? lol, here's something from 2009: avoid-yangs-kitchen-sushi-bar-markham-p ... ed-501736/
i read that, sounds just like kids getting mad.
They didn't even have enough money to pay for the bill????

They didn't complain about the food too, 10% is standard tip at restaurants and many AYCE have mandatory tips they even claim to have read it in the menu, and they were complaining about $3???? because the tip was after tax?

sounds ridiculous, how can you complain about getting the $3 waived when you didn't even have enough money to pay for the biil? That's just embarrassing

He also mentioned the rest of the restaurant taking the side of the owner, I'm sure he didn't tell the whole story.
Jun 21, 2016
656 posts
138 upvotes
anyone know of an AYCE sushi restaurant that offers sashimi for lunch? I don't mind paying the 'dinner' price but I would like the option to eat some restaurants dinner menu at lunch

I know of only 1 restaurant that allows this, Sano Sushi on Yonge.

Anyone know of any other restaurants that do this?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10069 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 1:21 pm
anyone know of an AYCE sushi restaurant that offers sashimi for lunch? I don't mind paying the 'dinner' price but I would like the option to eat some restaurants dinner menu at lunch

I know of only 1 restaurant that allows this, Sano Sushi on Yonge.

Anyone know of any other restaurants that do this?
Sakura on Bloor does allow you to pay the dinner price at lunch time...they might even allow Sashimi on the lunch menu...I honestly can't recall.

Across the street, Sashimi is included as "one round only" @ Noka, but it's also only $13.99 for AYCE lunch.
Jun 21, 2016
656 posts
138 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 6:07 pm
Sakura on Bloor does allow you to pay the dinner price at lunch time...they might even allow Sashimi on the lunch menu...I honestly can't recall.

Across the street, Sashimi is included as "one round only" @ Noka, but it's also only $13.99 for AYCE lunch.
one round only means it's unlimited but you can order once for as much as you want?

just went to San Sushi and was insanely impressed, they're only $20.99 on weekday's for dinner if you pay cash and they have everything you can imagine: rarely see these dishes because they're more expensive:

salmon belly, deep fried oysters, calamari, every type of meat teriyaki or skewered, or on skewers, every meat and vegetable tempura, dum sum (ha gow, sui mai) sashimi, tataki, yakitori, mussels every type of japanese salads like 30+ rolls i didn't even know what they were to be honest

had some weird stuff like salmon neck, sesame balls, french fries, popcorn chicken etc that i've never though to see. Roll like fruit roll? monkey roll? arctic roll? cheese mango? I never eat rolls anyways when theres sashimi, i might get a piece of sushi and use the ball of rice over a couple pieces of sashimi

had mousse and yogurt for dessert, was like liquid so it was easy to eat after stuffing my face. they had ice cream and jelly too but i passed because i was too full (i like to eat until I'm full and not about to puke)

INCLUDES POP TOO at that price

going to go again because i have a small stomach and couldn't try that much, only tried all there sashimi's, salmon belly, chicken wings, a mussel, a yakitori, butter shrimp and a fried oyster + dessert.

menu: http://sanosushi.com/menu-category/Dinner/
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel