Food & Drink

NEW AYCE Japanese Restaurant List - GTA

Poll: Has his thead been usefull?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Mar 17, 2006
514 posts
34 upvotes
Markham
Spoon and Fork Plus on York Mills/Don Mills has sashimi for lunch in their AYCE menu, as well as dimsum.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1201 posts
399 upvotes
azndoughboi wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 10:16 am
Spoon and Fork Plus on York Mills/Don Mills has sashimi for lunch in their AYCE menu, as well as dimsum.
oh yeah i forgot to mention spoon and fork, and yummy sushi
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10659 posts
1393 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 9:26 am
one round only means it's unlimited but you can order once for as much as you want?
just went to San Sushi and was insanely impressed, they're only $20.99 on weekday's for dinner if you pay cash.
That's less than a 10% discount, but still an amazing price.
@ Noka, one round means whatever they bring you, they bring you for sashimi, and you can not have more.
It's still not too small of a piece, usually two pieces of salmon. (not sure about the other sashimi)

I still think Sakura across the street is better because they have smoked salmon.
(Yes, the "grand opening" Sakura. lol)
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1201 posts
399 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 12:54 pm
That's less than a 10% discount, but still an amazing price.
@ Noka, one round means whatever they bring you, they bring you for sashimi, and you can not have more.
It's still not too small of a piece, usually two pieces of salmon. (not sure about the other sashimi)

I still think Sakura across the street is better because they have smoked salmon.
(Yes, the "grand opening" Sakura. lol)
my bad it's not 20.99 its 10% off 22.99 it just was around that price

dam i'd go to those places but they're far from me, smoked salmon sounds real nice i've never seen that at any AYCE sushi. maybe i'll make the trip

EDIT: or not, just looked at the yelp someone posted a picture of food safety violations

https://www.yelp.ca/biz_photos/sakura-j ... NSR7CSd18g
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10659 posts
1393 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 1:15 pm
EDIT: or not, just looked at the yelp someone posted a picture of food safety violations
https://www.yelp.ca/biz_photos/sakura-j ... NSR7CSd18g
...and there you have it! The reason why it is now a "Grand opening" lol
I assure you the place is safe. (for now)

That Yelp info was last April.
Here is November 2016:
SAKURA SUSHI, 394 BLOOR ST. W.

One or more significant infractions were observed under the Food Premises Regulation during an inspection on Nov. 23.

Operator fail to properly maintain equipment

Operator fail to provide properly equipped mechanical washer

Operator fail to properly wash surfaces in rooms

Operator fail to provide adequate pest control

I ate there recently and everything was indeed very much fine.
I could have sworn there was a green pass sign...maybe they just got one for December.
I feel safe eating there.
Hopefully they won't do anything to mess things up...especially with two other AYCE's close by to compete with.

November 23, 2016 Conditional pass source: (half way down page) http://www.insidetoronto.com/community- ... onal-pass/
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1201 posts
399 upvotes
just went to spoon and fork north york location, oh wow it tastes amazing! Better than the vaughan location in my opinion. They both have a different menu in term of appetizers and entrees but their sashimi is the same.

they have dim sum on the menu, sui mai made with SHRIMP (instead of pork theres shrimp as filling, they have the pork one too), shrimp dumpling and the regular stuff like bbq bun, spring rolls, soup dumplings, custard bun and more. Had some dim sum and appatizers. They also had clam chowder as their soup of the day and had that too.

they also had EEL sashimi! wow, first time I had it and it just melts in your mouth. They have all types of sashimi and tataki. Tried them all and was most impress with the eel and shrimp.

also had 2 lamb chops, 2 steaks, 2 veal steaks and they tasted amazing, they will cook it how you want it. The lamb especially melted in your mouth. Steaks were good and the veal was amazing, doesn't melt in your mouth but was VERY tender.

Oh yeah and they have escargot
And a ton of pasta, currys, and rice. I didn't mention Thomas because I never eat heavy startches like rice or noodles when I am at buffets. Especially when they have veal and lamb to fill me up
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3675 posts
357 upvotes
Thornhill
If money is not an issue, what's is the best AYCE north of Sheppard Ave? We used to do 168 Sushi on Dufferin and Steeles,but their quality went down this year and we've been trying to find another good spot that offers not only sushi,but also calbi and other varieties.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1201 posts
399 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 10:43 am
If money is not an issue, what's is the best AYCE north of Sheppard Ave? We used to do 168 Sushi on Dufferin and Steeles,but their quality went down this year and we've been trying to find another good spot that offers not only sushi,but also calbi and other varieties.
for all you can eat, spoon and fork.

I just checked 168 and they have a way larger selection, spoon and fork has a smaller selection in terms of japanese appetizers, they're more for their sushi/sashimi quality
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4432 posts
768 upvotes
Toronto
Omi Sushi in Richmond Hill is no more. . It's now a Chinese restaurant.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10659 posts
1393 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 10:53 am
for all you can eat, spoon and fork.

I just checked 168 and they have a way larger selection, spoon and fork has a smaller selection in terms of japanese appetizers, they're more for their sushi/sashimi quality
Are you talking about Spoon and fork @ Don Mills & York Mills? I keep meaning to give that place a try, but the last time I was in that area I ended up some place else. (ie Dragon Pearl)
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1201 posts
399 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2017 5:20 pm
Are you talking about Spoon and fork @ Don Mills & York Mills? I keep meaning to give that place a try, but the last time I was in that area I ended up some place else. (ie Dragon Pearl)
yes sir, that is the place!

dragon pearl is nice, i like the food selection and quality
Pochacco wrote:
Jan 14th, 2017 5:08 pm
Omi Sushi in Richmond Hill is no more. . It's now a Chinese restaurant.
yeah i noticed this too, i called one day and they said they're not sushi anymore
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6806 posts
370 upvotes
Has anyone been to Cynthia's Paradise? I went over holidays and was surprised they had cold crab legs on the menu among other nice things. But this was in New Market and sooooo far.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10659 posts
1393 upvotes
Toronto
speedyforme wrote:
Jan 15th, 2017 8:34 am
Has anyone been to Cynthia's Paradise? I went over holidays and was surprised they had cold crab legs on the menu among other nice things. But this was in New Market and sooooo far.
Is this a new place?