Food & Drink

NEW AYCE Japanese Restaurant List - GTA

Poll: Has his thead been usefull?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10826 posts
1430 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like both sushi masters and Spring rolls are gone from Yonge and Eglinton.
That's a bit of a surprise to me. Both places looked busy.
A third sushi place (Sushi O) has been gone for a while.
Last edited by playnicee1 on Jan 15th, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3680 posts
418 upvotes
Aurora
speedyforme wrote:
Jan 15th, 2017 8:34 am
Has anyone been to Cynthia's Paradise? I went over holidays and was surprised they had cold crab legs on the menu among other nice things. But this was in New Market and sooooo far.
I've been there a couple of times - I'm fairly close to it. This AYCE and the original Cynthia's restaurant is almost side-by-side in the same plaza at Yonge and Mulock. It's ... OK. IMO, nothing you can't get elsewhere, though I haven't tried the crab legs as I'm not big on those. For the high price (29.95 for weekend dinner) I'd rather go to a similar high-ish end place in Markham.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
474 upvotes
I am going to tenichi tonight, going cause a friend asked me, I will let you know how it is, so far menu seems pretty extensive but I will try the quality of the food tonight.

$27 for sushi dinner on a monday,

some things that look good:
- wasabi muscle
- escargot w/ butter
- scallop, ika sashimi (squid)
- steak, jumbo shrimp
- avocado seafood salad

everything else is pretty standard, all the sushi, sashimi, tataki, teriyaki/ grilled meats fishes, salads and appetizers/ deep fried stuff etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3796 posts
396 upvotes
Thornhill
Yonge Sushi is nice, @ 3421 Yonge St. Been there a few times now. $15 for lunch, the price is good and sushi are really nice. The choice is limited during lunch, but if you like variety, you won't care.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10826 posts
1430 upvotes
Toronto
dazz wrote:
Jan 31st, 2017 1:22 am
Yonge Sushi is nice, @ 3421 Yonge St. Been there a few times now. $15 for lunch, the price is good and sushi are really nice. The choice is limited during lunch, but if you like variety, you won't care.
They've been there since 2011. Anything new about the place?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6965 posts
394 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2017 6:15 pm
I am going to tenichi tonight, going cause a friend asked me, I will let you know how it is, so far menu seems pretty extensive but I will try the quality of the food tonight.

- wasabi muscle
- escargot w/ butter
- steak, jumbo shrimp
- avocado seafood salad

everything else is pretty standard, all the sushi, sashimi, tataki, teriyaki/ grilled meats fishes, salads and appetizers/ deep fried stuff etc.
Thanks. Please provide a review to see if there is value there.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4250 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
Hey... how was it? I haven't been there ages! It used to be my to-go AYCE when I lived in the neighbourhood.
toronto19850 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2017 6:15 pm

- wasabi muscle
- escargot w/ butter
- steak, jumbo shrimp
- avocado seafood salad

h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
474 upvotes
h2o- wrote:
Jan 31st, 2017 8:23 am
Hey... how was it? I haven't been there ages! It used to be my to-go AYCE when I lived in the neighbourhood.
Quality of food : 9/10
menu choices : 9/10

i would say its' a great place to go for AYCE sushi, I have no complaints, only reason why i don't rate stuff 10/10 is thats for stuff that's INSANELY good.

Everything taste great, there was a HUGE menu of items, price was $27 dinner (plus tax and tip)
wasn't loaded with MSG/sodium, I barely eat sushi but my friends ordered some and the rice to fish ratio was good.

All grilled meats, appatizers tasted better than average, sashimi was also better than average but can be found at other restaurants with the same quality.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10948 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
azndoughboi wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 10:16 am
Spoon and Fork Plus on York Mills/Don Mills has sashimi for lunch in their AYCE menu, as well as dimsum.
Went to Spoon and Fork on Thursday night and it was a welcome change from the usual Asian/Chinese based Japanese AYCE restaurants. The food was much higher quality compared to Sushi Kiku or Maison Du Japon in my opinion, however the menu option was lacking a bit. I didn't get to have some of the foods I typically get at Asian AYCE restaurants, but the other options available at Spoon and Fork makes up for it. I was a bit disappointed there was no dessert included but given how much we ordered in the first round and barely finished the food, oh wells. The food did come really quickly which was great.
Feb 10, 2017
77 posts
9 upvotes
-=phelan=- wrote:
Jan 15th, 2017 5:26 pm
Prince Sushi @ 401/Hurontario is no longer there. It's some kinda of sushi burrito place.
But I loved that place! Amazing steak
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
474 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
Feb 11th, 2017 11:30 am
Went to Spoon and Fork on Thursday night and it was a welcome change from the usual Asian/Chinese based Japanese AYCE restaurants. The food was much higher quality compared to Sushi Kiku or Maison Du Japon in my opinion, however the menu option was lacking a bit. I didn't get to have some of the foods I typically get at Asian AYCE restaurants, but the other options available at Spoon and Fork makes up for it. I was a bit disappointed there was no dessert included but given how much we ordered in the first round and barely finished the food, oh wells. The food did come really quickly which was great.
which one did you go to? the vaughan menu is even smaller than the don mills one

i do agree, they don't have the typical japanese dishes at AYCE sushi places like enoki beef, beef ribs, yakitori, deep fried oysters, scallops, shrimp, cutlets (pork/chicken) etc., no squid, tofu,
no desserts either
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10948 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
toronto19850 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2017 7:40 pm
which one did you go to? the vaughan menu is even smaller than the don mills one
I went to the one at Don Mills and York Mills.
Banned
Dec 24, 2016
19 posts
20 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
Feb 11th, 2017 7:54 pm
I went to the one at Don Mills and York Mills.
All wonderful and nice but are there any NEW sushi restaurants???
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10826 posts
1430 upvotes
Toronto
User043293 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2017 4:12 pm
All wonderful and nice but are there any NEW sushi restaurants???
While I'd like to agree, there is still credit where credit is due. The Spoon and fork plus @ Don Mills and York Mills is fairly new.
They used to be Matsu Japanese AYCE not long ago.

I do wonder if there are any brand new AYCE sushi places in Toronto though...