Food & Drink

NEW AYCE Japanese Restaurant List - GTA

Poll: Has his thead been usefull?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3528 posts
375 upvotes
Aurora
User043293 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2017 4:12 pm
All wonderful and nice but are there any NEW sushi restaurants???
I'm sure you'll post a review here when you find one. In the mean time, I have no problem reading about existing ones since there's a great many I don't know about and haven't been to so they're new to me.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10626 posts
1383 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote:
Feb 12th, 2017 10:52 pm
I'm sure you'll post a review here when you find one. In the mean time, I have no problem reading about existing ones since there's a great many I don't know about and haven't been to so they're new to me.
I have to agree with User. This is the NEW AYCE Sushi restaurant thread.
Posting here about older ones distracts from reading about new ones and ruins the credibility of the subject line.
It's okay if an older one changed hands or something, but to just post any old review about any old AYCE sushi place needs it's own separate thread with the subject line "Who has the best AYCE sushi?". (or something like that...)
Dec 1, 2015
979 posts
493 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
K & B Sushi in Etobicoke. Went there for the 1st time about 2 weeks ago and liked it a lot.

kbsushi.com
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
FSCO # 10428 - Mortgage Intelligence
BTW = I'm the former "Laptop-tech" member here. Just changed the username.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10626 posts
1383 upvotes
Toronto
valuemortgage wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 9:40 pm
kbsushi.com
According to their website, the Mississauga location is opening soon. I wonder if all three are on par or if each location will have it's differences. (ie something offered at one location, but not the other...)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5839 posts
773 upvotes
Mississauga
playnicee1 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 1:25 am
According to their website, the Mississauga location is opening soon. I wonder if all three are on par or if each location will have it's differences. (ie something offered at one location, but not the other...)
The Etobicoke location is not on par to Oakville. Etobicoke is understaffed and really slow. And I recall last time we were there, they limited one order of pop.

The Oakville location has always been consistent - that's our go-to AYCE.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Banned
Dec 24, 2016
19 posts
20 upvotes
Sushi island? What is the deal with that place? Open or closed?
The furniture is all in place but the lights are always out.
Are they closed or just taking a little vacation?
I don't see a for lease sign in the window.
What's the deal there??
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10626 posts
1383 upvotes
Toronto
Isn't this place fairly new?
168 Sushi Asian Buffet, 103 - 1520 Steeles Ave. W., Vaughan, charged with failing to protect food from contamination or adulteration and operating a food premise maintained in manner adversely affecting sanitary condition.

Source: http://www.yorkregion.com/community-sto ... s-charged/
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10626 posts
1383 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 5:23 pm
This place opened up at least 5 yrs ago.
Oh okay, my bad. Strange how they didn't care to maintain their rep, it seems...
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1132 posts
385 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 4:53 pm
Isn't this place fairly new?
168 Sushi Asian Buffet, 103 - 1520 Steeles Ave. W., Vaughan, charged with failing to protect food from contamination or adulteration and operating a food premise maintained in manner adversely affecting sanitary condition.

Source: http://www.yorkregion.com/community-sto ... s-charged/
i remember this place having a very very large menu
Feb 5, 2017
12 posts
4 upvotes
Hey ppl,
I heard the factories from China for seaweed/nori is going to increase dramatically. Not sure why. I heard pricing from a known supplier. Crying FaceBetter get your fix if your seaweed lover.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10626 posts
1383 upvotes
Toronto
Fushimi Sushi (https://www.fushimi.ca/) is now using the iPad format.
They also added Avocado salad to their AYCE list, so this makes me very happy.
A few odd things to note: They also have Avocado sashimi and all their sashimi is served on ice now.
I don't think I've ever been to an AYCE that serves their sashimi on ice. Anyone else do that?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1234 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know why Prince Sushi (Courtney Park) Location closed down? We went there this week only to find out its been changed to some other fast food Poke/Sushi burrito type place...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5839 posts
773 upvotes
Mississauga
Fabfive wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:53 am
Does anyone know why Prince Sushi (Courtney Park) Location closed down? We went there this week only to find out its been changed to some other fast food Poke/Sushi burrito type place...

Mihito Sushi Lab, which has taken the place of Prince Sushi, is owned by the same people (Spoon & Fork). They serve sushi burritos and sushi tacos, and is actually quite good. Corner, which is on Dundas and Dixie is also another fast eatery owned by the same company.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
37482 posts
7825 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2017 12:25 pm
Quality of food : 9/10
menu choices : 9/10

i would say its' a great place to go for AYCE sushi, I have no complaints, only reason why i don't rate stuff 10/10 is thats for stuff that's INSANELY good.

Everything taste great, there was a HUGE menu of items, price was $27 dinner (plus tax and tip)
wasn't loaded with MSG/sodium, I barely eat sushi but my friends ordered some and the rice to fish ratio was good.

All grilled meats, appatizers tasted better than average, sashimi was also better than average but can be found at other restaurants with the same quality.
Hmmm. I might go with Tenichi then.

LOL, I thought this thread was created this year, re-reading it, it's from 2007. No wonder many of those establishments are now out of business.
Dell Venue 11 Pro Tablet Laptop 4 GB RAM / 64 GB SSD + lots of extras $300 obo
dell-venue-11-pro-tablet-laptop-4-gb-ra ... #p27905174