Food & Drink

NEW AYCE Japanese Restaurant List - GTA

Poll: Has his thead been usefull?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
8948 posts
58 upvotes
drove pass this place last nite hoping to give it a shot, the place was empty at 6-7pm. ended up going to the one at middlefield and steeles.

this plaza is dead.
jaxx lite wrote:
Jan 30th, 2012 8:42 pm
Big Meal Japanese & Asian Restaurant

1883 McNicoll Ave (Kennedy)
Scarborough, ON
M1V 5P4

(416) 258-3333

http://www.bigmeal.ca/

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/big-meal-japanes ... carborough

-
My Heatware
PM IS THE KEY.COLD HARD CASH ONLY!!!
WILL ONLY DEAL IN DOWNTOWN OR GTA EAST

LOWBALLERS WILL BE IGNORED
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9721 posts
427 upvotes
mcbain27 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2012 11:02 am
drove pass this place last nite hoping to give it a shot, the place was empty at 6-7pm. ended up going to the one at middlefield and steeles.

this plaza is dead.

Haven't been there yet but this place has pretty excellent reviews on Chowhound, a place where AYCE sushi is generally frowned upon with contempt and disdain.
Banned
Sep 5, 2006
240 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
newbie7 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2011 2:35 pm
Does anyone know of any Japanese ayce restaurant within GTA / york region that offers sashimi for lunch? All the ones I know only has sashimi for dinner. Thx!

Most places let you order from the dinner menu (i.e. paying the dinner fee) for lunch. The dinner menu usually has sashimi.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2006
1712 posts
124 upvotes
Sorry Guys tried to Update the OP but i reached the post character max. Any suggestions?? Should i start a new thread with place holders for additional updates?
Opinions posted are that of my own and do not reflect that of any organization.

GTA AYCE Sushi Guide

What is a marriage if not an opportunity to mock someone through thick and thin while simultaneously exploring your deepest, darkest sexual desires - Californication.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1219 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
ricenice wrote:
Feb 9th, 2012 4:11 pm
Sorry Guys tried to Update the OP but i reached the post character max. Any suggestions?? Should i start a new thread with place holders for additional updates?

Great thread OP. Since this started out as a GTA list, perhaps we should move those outside of GTA into a Golden Horsehoe thread (eg Peterborough, Hamilton etc)?
Jan 30, 2008
449 posts
62 upvotes
Anyone else tried Yellowtail Sushi at Woodbine & 16th ave? Tried it recently and it was delicious!! (At least in my opinion).

The only problem was, they forgot some of our orders and we had to ask for it again but aside from that, the service was pretty decent.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
15777 posts
2456 upvotes
Toronto

Grand opening special. I was driving by and saw this .. I think it's 20% off AYCE.
Jan 7, 2010
31 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote:
Mar 21st, 2012 12:10 pm

Grand opening special. I was driving by and saw this .. I think it's 20% off AYCE.

I've been there a couple of times because it's next door to my house. It's an average place, the price is reasonable. Their selection is just okay, but their rolls are good. If you're looking for a place price wise then sure but if you're willing to pay a bit more for better, go to Sakura House on Major Mack.
Jan 7, 2010
31 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote:
Mar 21st, 2012 12:10 pm

Also, they're having a special discount on their a la cart menu. $2.50 hand rolls, $3.50 rolls and $6 for some special rolls. No discount on sashimi though. Alot of people I know in the neighbourhood are coming here for take out, it's a fairly good price.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2492 posts
83 upvotes
asiangoddess wrote:
Mar 21st, 2012 6:17 pm
I've been there a couple of times because it's next door to my house. It's an average place, the price is reasonable. Their selection is just okay, but their rolls are good. If you're looking for a place price wise then sure but if you're willing to pay a bit more for better, go to Sakura House on Major Mack.

I second Sakura. go there almost once a week.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1725 posts
128 upvotes
spooky wrote:
Mar 21st, 2012 9:53 am
Can anyone comment on how good/bad this place is?

I've been to that place before. The spot used to be VIP sushi which was horrendous (food was horrible, service was mediocre, there was almost no lighting in the dining area).

But the now place is great! Lunch time was around $12 + tax and they have a huge assortment of sushi, cooked food and desert. There's plenty of seating and now the ambiance of the place is pretty good. I'd definitely suggest the place.

The places that I usually go to are:
- Sano Sushi (Yonge and Orchard Blvd.)
- Tanaka Sushi (Bayview and 16th Ave.)
- Akabane Sushi (Near Loblaws at Bayview and Highway 7)
What happens in RFD, stays in RFD
Dec 9, 2006
6 posts
azia wrote:
Mar 21st, 2012 10:33 am
Anyone else tried Yellowtail Sushi at Woodbine & 16th ave? Tried it recently and it was delicious!! (At least in my opinion).

The only problem was, they forgot some of our orders and we had to ask for it again but aside from that, the service was pretty decent.

I've gone several times, I thought the food was pretty good. Service was always quick for the first round but quite slow when it gets busy. But then the owner lady accused us of photocopying their 10% off coupon so we haven't gone back.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
5851 posts
587 upvotes
MtX wrote:
May 8th, 2012 11:29 am
Anyone try FUSHIMI?

The one on woodbine? That one has the most unique menu, offering softshell crabs a la carte and sashimi like eel, and albatose tuna as part of the AYCE menu. They do tend to "forget" to bring everything you ordered though.

Parking spots seems limited.
× < >