Food & Drink

NEW AYCE Japanese Restaurant List - GTA

Poll: Has his thead been usefull?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
May 29, 2015
82 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yea i'd like to know too. From what I see most lunch AYCE is now close to $20 (16.99 - 18.99)
toronto19850 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 7:56 am
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2016 11:08 pm
toronto19850 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2016 2:09 pm

yes i said it was the lunch price many times now... where do you find AYCE sushi for 13.99? I could barely find any, would love to try some new places if they aren't too far
If you're sticking with lunch price, the catch is that the $13.99 price might not have any sashimi, to name a few things left out. There are many dinner items that I much prefer to enjoy, so this is why I splurge the extra ten dollars. (or so)
so whats all the places you said there are that are 13.99 for AYCE sushi at lunch?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
484 upvotes
blackpianist wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 9:01 am
yea i'd like to know too. From what I see most lunch AYCE is now close to $20 (16.99 - 18.99)
toronto19850 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 7:56 am
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2016 11:08 pm

If you're sticking with lunch price, the catch is that the $13.99 price might not have any sashimi, to name a few things left out. There are many dinner items that I much prefer to enjoy, so this is why I splurge the extra ten dollars. (or so)
so whats all the places you said there are that are 13.99 for AYCE sushi at lunch?
yeah most places are around that price these days so I am curious about all the places he's seen that are 13.99. I've only found 1 other place that has sushi for lunch at 13.99 which i syogun, and I haven't been there in a while so no idea if their price changed. Plus they have a credit card or debit (cash theres no fee) 5% fee and mandatory tip (12%), which comes to $16 and change before tax.

Yummy sushi has no extra fees, no mandatory tip, and their menu is quite extensive for a lunch menu, for 13.99 at lunch.

I know on tuesdays Dragon Legend has 13.99 lunch buffets, they have sushi as well, I'd still say yummy sushi has them beat with more food like beef ribs, skewers, chicken, salmon, scallops, shrimp, calamari, mussel etc. made to order and fresh.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11321 posts
1578 upvotes
Toronto
The Mandatory tip is 12% @ Noka AYCE sushi (Bloor near Spadina), but they do count as one of the $13.99 lunch places.
I think the competition across the street (slightly closer to Spadina) is now charging $14.99
There are a lot of places...think of searching in areas where there are already a bunch of AYCE sushi places right close to each other competing...

The the key point is that some of these places that charge $13.99 (or less) for lunch are always leaving something out... (offering a higher price for the "AYCE add ons")

I'm just learning now that Sushi Island is permanently closed...but down the street there are at least two more AYCE sushi places still in business (On College street not far from Bathurst street) pricing their AYCE lunch "From $13.99"...
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
484 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 11:52 am
The Mandatory tip is 12% @ Noka AYCE sushi (Bloor near Spadina), but they do count as one of the $13.99 lunch places.
I think the competition across the street (slightly closer to Spadina) is now charging $14.99
There are a lot of places...think of searching in areas where there are already a bunch of AYCE sushi places right close to each other competing...

The the key point is that some of these places that charge $13.99 (or less) for lunch are always leaving something out... (offering a higher price for the "AYCE add ons")

I'm just learning now that Sushi Island is permanently closed...but down the street there are at least two more AYCE sushi places still in business (On College street not far from Bathurst street) pricing their AYCE lunch "From $13.99"...
so...the one restaurant you mentioned is a 2 star with 81 reviews on yelp with a 12% mandatory tip? (they charge the tip AFTER taxes too LOL)
https://www.yelp.ca/biz/noka-all-you-ca ... hi-toronto

my google maps must not be working, the only thing that came up for sushi near college and bathurst is 1 japanese restaurant called 'ramen isshin' and another restaurant called 'jun jun village restaurant'

there are 4 sushi restaurants west of bathurst, ones not an all you can eat (gobo sushi), and the other one is $15.99 (sushi bon), sushi D which is close, sashimi island which is $16.99

east of bathurst all the sushi restaurants are closed atleast until you go past spadina

Doesn't sound like there's any of these $13.99 lunch AYCE sushi places you know about
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
484 upvotes
Just found a place, not too sure if they're still doing it but they were at the beginning of the year

12.99 lunch AYCE, they have a mandatory 10% tip though but that's not bad
never tried it for quality but if you need that super cheap AYCE .

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/sushi-house-toronto
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11321 posts
1578 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2016 9:32 pm
Just found a place, not too sure if they're still doing it but they were at the beginning of the year

It's not a new place, I wouldn't trust that place unless you actually confirmed the $12.99 lunch price with them already. (and did not just read a sign)
They advertise "Dinner $18.99" outside, but inside (on a Wednesday) they say "Oh no, it's $19.99...so sorry, that is an old sign. We will fix it soon"
They never fixed the sign.
If inflation is a fact, it's only fair that accurate pricing be a fact too. Heck, I'd be happy if all they did is throw a sticker over the old price...I'm not asking them to spend all that much money on the sign lol
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
484 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2016 10:01 pm
toronto19850 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2016 9:32 pm

It's not a new place, I wouldn't trust that place unless you actually confirmed the $12.99 lunch price with them already. (and did not just read a sign)
They advertise "Dinner $18.99" outside, but inside (on a Wednesday) they say "Oh no, it's $19.99...so sorry, that is an old sign. We will fix it soon"
They never fixed the sign.
If inflation is a fact, it's only fair that accurate pricing be a fact too. Heck, I'd be happy if all they did is throw a sticker over the old price...I'm not asking them to spend all that much money on the sign lol
I think the sign said 11.99, many reviews are said to say 12.99 is the new price since 2016
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4050 posts
502 upvotes
Thornhill
so...what's the best AYCE, if money is no problem? Looking for something north of Sheppard.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11321 posts
1578 upvotes
Toronto
dazz wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 10:43 am
so...what's the best AYCE, if money is no problem? Looking for something north of Sheppard.
If price is not a problem, I say go to Spring Sushi @ Yonge & Dundas. Absolutely the best! I also love their Salmon salad. (not many places offer that)
The iPad ordering system is also a nice touch. Makes it easy to track down any missed orders. (if any)

As for "NEW" AYCE, there is a fairly new AYCE, also with an iPad ordering system on Danforth near pape subway station called Sushi 8.
Good food there too...price is not too high and quality is very good.
(competes with a place across the street, better food quality for the same or close to the same price)
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
484 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 10:43 am
My best AYCE sushi place for quality of food is spoon and fork in missisauga
they have other locations too. I have never heard of anyone not enjoying their food and everyone i've recommended it to was shocked at how nice everything was, food, service, tables/chairs, etc.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11321 posts
1578 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 1:14 pm
they have other locations too. I have never heard of anyone not enjoying their food and everyone i've recommended it to was shocked at how nice everything was, food, service, tables/chairs, etc.
There's a North York location...but what's the "plus"? Is that new? ➡ http://www.spoonandfork.ca/spoon-and-fo ... k/welcome/
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
484 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 2:59 pm
toronto19850 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 1:14 pm
There's a North York location...but what's the "plus"? Is that new? ➡ http://www.spoonandfork.ca/spoon-and-fo ... k/welcome/
i remember seeing that but i never knew what it meant, i know theres another location too i think that doesn't offer all you can eat

on yelp they had a takeout, maybe that's it

edit: just found out, it means it includes their 'italian' menu along with the thai and japanese menu

heres the LUNCH plus menu (has sashimi, 11 types for lunch!) : http://www.spoonandfork.ca/wp-content/u ... TL_WEB.pdf

i know its a sushi based restaurant but if you go, get the steak, grilled salmon and grilled chicken breast

oh wow the dinner menu has all you can eat tiger shrimp and even lamb chops, i may have to visit

http://www.spoonandfork.ca/wp-content/u ... TD_WEB.pdf
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11268 posts
1504 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I went to Sushi Kiku for dinner at 404 and Highway 7 last Thursday and I'm just going to say this: The food sucked. The cold tofu tasted "sandy" and not smooth at all. The cooked beef ribs we got were half raw where it was literally red outside. The chicken teriyaki was dry and the sirloin beef was bland and chewy. Fried chicken wings tasted like they were fried after they were cooked already and it was honestly worse than the boxed chicken wings you get from the frozen aisle at the supermarket. Shrimp tempura had way too much tempura on it and you can barely eat any shrimp. Takoyaki tasted weird and soapy to me. My beef soup was reall salty. The sushi and sashimi were fine but I think the portions for sashimi got smaller. Cuts were extremely small.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
484 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
Oct 26th, 2016 2:43 pm
I went to Sushi Kiku for dinner at 404 and Highway 7 last Thursday and I'm just going to say this: The food sucked. The cold tofu tasted "sandy" and not smooth at all. The cooked beef ribs we got were half raw where it was literally red outside. The chicken teriyaki was dry and the sirloin beef was bland and chewy. Fried chicken wings tasted like they were fried after they were cooked already and it was honestly worse than the boxed chicken wings you get from the frozen aisle at the supermarket. Shrimp tempura had way too much tempura on it and you can barely eat any shrimp. Takoyaki tasted weird and soapy to me. My beef soup was reall salty. The sushi and sashimi were fine but I think the portions for sashimi got smaller. Cuts were extremely small.
wow, isn't this place like $30+ after tax and tip?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11268 posts
1504 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
toronto19850 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2016 2:54 pm
geokilla wrote:
Oct 26th, 2016 2:43 pm
wow, isn't this place like $30+ after tax and tip?
Yes. If you go on CCUE there is a 10% discount but I don't remember the quality of the food being that poor. Maybe they had an off day, I don't know.