Hi all, just have a question on shoe warranties. I bought a pair of New Balance walkers for work in September in their downtown location, a nice pair of shoes, comfy and all. As of a few weeks ago, the rear insole near the heel started to tear and exposed the plastic backing which started to scrape and prick at my heel. The rest of the shoe, especially the bottom outsole(I think?) is perfectly fine and still usable. I read that NB has a lifetime warranty (albeit one per customer per lifetime), so I might as well take advantage of it. It's been less than 4 months since I bought the shoes(was $160, paid MSRP, I have wide feet so it took me a while to find a pair that fit well enough).

I tried calling a few times but there was a busy signal, and I just sent off an email. I would normally go to the downtown location but currently it is out of my way.

Anyone have any experiences with New Balance?

Does anyone have any suggestions for comfy walking shoes that are wide fitted(I walk about 5-10 km a day for work), preferably waterproof now that winters coming around. Budget is about $100-$150 tops.