Tags:
None
Feb 11, 2014
87 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa

New Battery Needed For 2008 Toyota Sienna

Hi,

I've just had to call out roadside recovery for a jump start for my 2008 Sienna. The recovery guy told me that I need a new battery and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good one that has a good warranty and will last Ottawa Winters? Also whether there are any offers / coupons available as I need to get one this week.

Thanks

Darren
10 replies
Sep 29, 2014
782 posts
565 upvotes
GTA
commsman98 wrote: Hi,

I've just had to call out roadside recovery for a jump start for my 2008 Sienna. The recovery guy told me that I need a new battery and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good one that has a good warranty and will last Ottawa Winters? Also whether there are any offers / coupons available as I need to get one this week.

Thanks

Darren
I'm assuming you have a 24F battery.
This is according to Consumer Reports, so take it for what it is.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/h8fFWdV.jpg[/IMG]
Feb 11, 2014
87 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes, it's the 24F.

Thanks for the chart, so looks like the Everstart Maxx 24FN is the one to go to.
Looking online I notice the Everstart Maxx batteries are sold by Walmart, although the 24FN is not listed on their website.
Sep 10, 2002
349 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
commsman98 wrote: Yes, it's the 24F.

Thanks for the chart, so looks like the Everstart Maxx 24FN is the one to go to.
Looking online I notice the Everstart Maxx batteries are sold by Walmart, although the 24FN is not listed on their website.
How did you make out? Does Walmart sell the 24FN this side of the border?
The 27F just died in my Tacoma. Called Walmart to see if they carried the 24FN but was transferred around several times until I gave up.
Costco sells a 24F for $93, so that's one option. Ideally I should get the 27F (there doesn't appear to be a Kirkland model in this size even though Johnson Controls makes one). Only battery shops seem to carry them and they're roughly $122 locally for something with decent CCA.
Feb 11, 2014
87 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
I did get one from Walmart, although it wasn't a 24FN but either a 24F or 24N - Can't remember which but it was the one I needed
Think it was around $90
KillaB wrote: How did you make out? Does Walmart sell the 24FN this side of the border?
The 27F just died in my Tacoma. Called Walmart to see if they carried the 24FN but was transferred around several times until I gave up.
Costco sells a 24F for $93, so that's one option. Ideally I should get the 27F (there doesn't appear to be a Kirkland model in this size even though Johnson Controls makes one). Only battery shops seem to carry them and they're roughly $122 locally for something with decent CCA.
Sep 10, 2002
349 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
commsman98 wrote: I did get one from Walmart, although it wasn't a 24FN but either a 24F or 24N - Can't remember which but it was the one I needed
Think it was around $90
Thanks!
Based on online images you definitely needed the "F" type (reversed case polarity). If you didn't end up straining the cables from their original location then it must have been a 24F(N) (N=North).
Feb 11, 2014
87 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
KillaB wrote: Thanks!
Based on online images you definitely needed the "F" type (reversed case polarity). If you didn't end up straining the cables from their original location then it must have been a 24F(N) (N=North).
Yes, must have been that - works great!
Mar 7, 2017
2 posts
That company scams people.

I recently was in a car accident on a privare property (parking lot of Eglinton by Homesense) and while the opposite car, was driving much faster, at an accelerared speed, while I was maintaing my speed, he crashed into my car, and completely destroyed it. Not to mention the personal injuries I had to sustain.
After this incident, as I only had one way insurence, I was in no way covered for this incident, and the fault was put on me, as it was in private property, and there was no other witness to see that I had actually been on the right, hence the other driver had won the case.
At the accident location, my car had to be towed, and while this was my first accident ( i am also a new driver )I was thrown towards a pile of papers- which I absent mindedly signed off-note that at the time of, the tow truck dude, made me sign the paperworks and did not give me a copy of what I signed ( i just got
Into the accident so I had bigger things on my plate.
After a few days, my insurance company tried to get a whole of the tow truck company, but to no avail, were they able to get in touch. I tried to get a hold of him, I even went to the storage space before closing time but there was no one there to speak to ( the space is very sketchy, and the company has no websites and the phone voicemail is full).
After two weeks the guy from
The compound texts me and says that I owe him 1800$ for the car that is on his private Property, I bought the price down to 1000, but now he asks only for cash, and also I recently found out hIs license for his storage space has expired.
When I offered to pay in credit/ debit / have a inforcement officer/ cop present at the time of payment, he refuses to meet with me, and claims that he will send the bill to my collection, and keep the car after 60 days. When I told him that I would be filing a complaint against him, he stated that he would file a case for
Neglectance against me (for not picking up my car.)
If I can get any feedback for My
Situation , that would be great. Thank you all for reading
Best,
Tee
(side note- the tow truck guy is different from The storage company- i have no idea who towed my car- as I was not given any paperworks and when I ask the owner of the storage company he does not give me any information either –
Claiming he doesnt know who it is as well- I am kind of stuck here )

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)