• Sep 20th, 2017 7:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 10, 2016
313 posts
33 upvotes
Markham, ON
Well, I have exactly 1,500 shares at the price close to your estimate $8.80. I spent more than $10k on it.

Other stock I am looking at is NKE. The apparel industry got hammered for the past couple of years. And this Addidas competition is picking up. Don't follow me into NKE, because I am still analyzing this company. I just purchased 100 shares on June 1st (ex-dividend date so I don't get the dividend adjustment) for $52.50. I usually like to initiate a small position so that I am more committed/motivated to reach the company. Once I have finished analyzing it, I will either sell or buy more depending on price.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3609 posts
426 upvotes
Montreal
ValueInvestor wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2017 11:53 am
Well, I have exactly 1,500 shares at the price close to your estimate $8.80. I spent more than $10k on it.

Other stock I am looking at is NKE. The apparel industry got hammered for the past couple of years. And this Addidas competition is picking up. Don't follow me into NKE, because I am still analyzing this company. I just purchased 100 shares on June 1st (ex-dividend date so I don't get the dividend adjustment) for $52.50. I usually like to initiate a small position so that I am more committed/motivated to reach the company. Once I have finished analyzing it, I will either sell or buy more depending on price.
Agreed. NKE is definitely here to stay as most kids still prefers its sneakers to UAA which has turned out nothing but a fad.
In the same token, people still prefer AAPL products while drinking SBUX beverages.
Sep 23, 2010
227 posts
36 upvotes
TORONTO
I dumped this earlier in the year after riding it from ~$9 to $10.50. The earnings were bad, nothing seemed to be happening with Radar, and deep pockets seemed to be interested in competing against QNX. Since then, there was the unexpected upside of the $940mil from Qualcomm, which you might be able to give additional value to as BB might be getting similar license settlements with other parties. Market cap is still only $US 6B so it's not too much of a stretch to attribute a good chunk of the recent increase to a fundamentals change. The extra hype from buyout speculation seems to arise now and then. Could definitely see it spiking up another few dollars on rumors, and more if there is something substantiated obviously. The numbers still look pretty bad though. A dip would be interesting speculation but it would be a tough stock to hold through earnings imo.
Aug 19, 2016
697 posts
238 upvotes
Asheron wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2017 7:38 pm
I dumped this earlier in the year after riding it from ~$9 to $10.50. The earnings were bad, nothing seemed to be happening with Radar, and deep pockets seemed to be interested in competing against QNX. Since then, there was the unexpected upside of the $940mil from Qualcomm, which you might be able to give additional value to as BB might be getting similar license settlements with other parties. Market cap is still only $US 6B so it's not too much of a stretch to attribute a good chunk of the recent increase to a fundamentals change. The extra hype from buyout speculation seems to arise now and then. Could definitely see it spiking up another few dollars on rumors, and more if there is something substantiated obviously. The numbers still look pretty bad though. A dip would be interesting speculation but it would be a tough stock to hold through earnings imo.
It is pretty hard to have a good earning when transitioning.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2070 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
J_u_n_i_o_r_3 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 6:16 am
BlackBerry and Timex Group Enter Patent License Agreement
lmao wow - and ?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1841 posts
256 upvotes
GTA
J_u_n_i_o_r_3 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 6:16 am
BlackBerry and Timex Group Enter Patent License Agreement
any guesses as to what this may allude to? Looks like BB is going back up slightly after the pullback as we head to earnings soon. Anyone buying or holding still/ why?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2070 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't BB surge 40% back in May on news they had finally cut off handsets and the turnaround was completed and the stock surged on exuberance on their software business, radar, IoT, QNX and connected cars but then on their earnings call it revealed EVEN their software business was doing poorly and it went right back down to where it was before....

Do you guys know what you're investing in - like are you blackberry fans or are some of you actually in the space they are trying to do business in?

Don't flame me this is a legitimate question on my part because I want them to succeed
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1841 posts
256 upvotes
GTA
Ticco wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 9:31 am
Didn't BB surge 40% back in May on news they had finally cut off handsets and the turnaround was completed and the stock surged on exuberance on their software business, radar, IoT, QNX and connected cars but then on their earnings call it revealed EVEN their software business was doing poorly and it went right back down to where it was before....

Do you guys know what you're investing in - like are you blackberry fans or are some of you actually in the space they are trying to do business in?

Don't flame me this is a legitimate question on my part because I want them to succeed
me personally, im just looking for top tech companies in Canada..... we got Shopify on the rise, Open Text, SW, Avigilon in security ...... does BB count?

I mean considering it was 200 dollar stock in the past, they are working on what they are best in class for which is "security"

Go Canada......!