Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 10, 2011
199 posts
21 upvotes
OAKVILLE

New Cameras on Kijiji/Craigslist

Has anyone had experience with a seller on Kijiji/Craigslist that offers new cameras at discounted prices with no taxes? Pick up from his store at Kennedy/Finch, with full Canon warranty.

An example of which...

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z364451821

His new prices are close enough to used prices, for me to consider taking a shot.
8 replies
Feb 4, 2006
25 posts
I believe his cameras are grey market imported from another country most likely India prices there are much cheaper. Canon Canada will not honour the warranty. They will only honour it in the country of origin. Be careful I know he tells you that the warranty is good in Canada but if you buy off of him you have to assume that Canon Canada will not touch it if you have problems.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2007
1502 posts
59 upvotes
Brampton
a friend of mine pick up a 7D, not sure if its from the same seller, i believe receipt shown Bestbuy with correct/matching serial number.

i think they have some guy got it for employee discount and sell it for some markup.
FS: Continental-Barum Bravuris 2 - 1x 255/35/18
I don't worship lenses, nor do I see the 3 primes as a "trinity"
there is only one Holy Trinity and they certainly aren't lenses
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2215 posts
491 upvotes
I bought my 24-105 from this guy. He had to go pick it up from Canon as it wasn't on hand. It was parted out from a 5D kit, so it didn't come in the retail lens box.

He told me if I ever needed warranty work, he would have to handle it all. That might be an issue for some, but I wasn't too worried about it.

I would buy from him again.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2215 posts
491 upvotes
mk5gti wrote:
Mar 21st, 2012 11:16 am
how much did the 24-105 cost you? always want one...... ;)

I believe it cost my $950 a few years back...
Nov 19, 2002
170 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
Could be CPS pricing as well. We save a pretty penny that way
Feb 6, 2008
998 posts
33 upvotes
You are in luck, I got my 7D and 24-15 from him and I have his contact.