Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14587 upvotes
Ottawa
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 7:31 pm
You cant read what you posted? Ottawa right. Duh
You have a problem, please go seek some help.
Your comprehension level is pretty embarrassing!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7457 posts
1710 upvotes
Mississauga
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 2:13 pm
Except, most dealerships won't proceed with "warranty" work until it has been authorized by the factory.
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 7:31 pm
You cant read what you posted? Ottawa right. Duh
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 7:38 pm
You have a problem, please go seek some help.
Your comprehension level is pretty embarrassing!
I`m not the one that needs help. Have a look in the mirror. And if somebody looks back you know for sure. See above.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14587 upvotes
Ottawa
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 7:44 pm
I`m not the one that needs help. Have a look in the mirror. And if somebody looks back you know for sure. See above.
I guess you don't know the term, "speak when you're spoken to"; when my post was clearly in response to another user.
You're failed attempt of humour (which came out of know where with no proper content) by posting "duh"...was confusing as hell.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7457 posts
1710 upvotes
Mississauga
But your response to the other user was wrong so I was correcting both of you with one post. I guess it was above your pay grade for you to understand. It wasn't a failed attempt since you recognized it as humor. We are really getting off topic now so I thinks its time to shut it down.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14587 upvotes
Ottawa
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 8:51 pm
But your response to the other user was wrong so I was correcting both of you with one post. I guess it was above your pay grade for you to understand. It wasn't a failed attempt since you recognized it as humor. We are really getting off topic now so I thinks its time to shut it down.
How was my post wrong, when I clearly stated warranty work does not start, unless approved by the factory.
There's a reason why it's called "factory" warranty and not "dealership" warranty.
I think you inhaled way too much exhaust fumes working in the pits and depleted whatever brain cells you had!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7457 posts
1710 upvotes
Mississauga
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 8:58 pm
How was my post wrong, when I clearly stated warranty work does not start, unless approved by the factory.
There's a reason why it's called "factory" warranty and not "dealership" warranty.
I think you inhaled way too much exhaust fumes working in the pits and depleted whatever brain cells you had!
Warranty work does not have to be approved by the factory mister I know it all. And if you were paying attention mister glue sniffer I don`t work in the pits I MANAGE.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14587 upvotes
Ottawa
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 9:07 pm
Warranty work does not have to be approved by the factory mister I know it all. And if you were paying attention mister glue sniffer I don`t work in the pits I MANAGE.
If it's not a approved by the factory, then the dealer is eating the cost; which is a different story.
Considering you're a manager, please educate your workers properly by following industry best practice and policies...not what you think you know as being best.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7457 posts
1710 upvotes
Mississauga
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 9:13 pm
If it's not a approved by the factory, then the dealer is eating the cost; which is a different story.
Considering you're a manager, please educate your workers properly by following industry best practice and policies...not what you think you know as being best.
As usual your wrong again. Your getting good at it. Send this around your office too. You don't work at a dealership, so how do you know how warranty works. In this case the scratch would have to be paid for by the dealer. Just so you know Einstein, each dealer is given a dollar limit for warranty repairs before they need factory authorization. If each warranty repair needed factory authorization the system would grind to a halt. As long as the repair doesn't exceed the dollar amount the mechanic can fix the vehicle with no delay. The customer gets his vehicle back asap. Everbody`s happy.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14587 upvotes
Ottawa
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 9:31 pm
As usual your wrong again. Your getting good at it. Send this around your office too. You don't work at a dealership, so how do you know how warranty works. In this case the scratch would have to be paid for by the dealer. Just so you know Einstein, each dealer is given a dollar limit for warranty repairs before they need factory authorization. If each warranty repair needed factory authorization the system would grind to a halt. As long as the repair doesn't exceed the dollar amount the mechanic can fix the vehicle with no delay. The customer gets his vehicle back asap. Everbody`s happy.
And you know this to be across the board as industry standard?
I think not and can at least confirm with Nissan and Infinti to not operate this way?
Every single issue or repair had to be approved before the dealership would even consider booking an appointment.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11660 posts
2681 upvotes
Montréal
rocking23nf wrote:
Oct 7th, 2015 7:26 pm
hey everyone, need some opinions on what to do here, we bought a new cx5 last month, on pickup day we noticed a scratch in the hood, the dealer assured me they would take care of it, and to schedule a service.

we scheduled a service and they buffed it, it did nothing, they advised a second service would be needed and they would send it to an detailing shop.

fast forward to today, we brought it in, they told us it was fixed, go to pick it up, and scratch is still there, it feels a bit less deep, but its there.

the scratch is around I inch long on the hood, car is darkish gray, scratch shows as almost white in the sun.

we spoke with the next level manager, he basically told us he is refusing to repaint it, and will not replace the hood. hes basically wanting us to ask what we want.

what is reasonable to ask for here? I was thinking like 10 oil changes. we bought work at lawfirms and can get legal work done for free, so if this stalls we will pursue that route if needed.
This is always an obvious warning: if it was not a prb, they would have fixed it in the 1st place!

Anyway, you're lucky they replaced the hood, but not sure about the other potential prbs (if each part is security-etched, now mismatched, mismatch paint, etc).
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15930 posts
6115 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 2:13 pm
Except, most dealerships won't proceed with "warranty" work until it has been authorized by the factory.
And will the manufacturer question the work that could have very well been caused by them/transit? Highly unlikely.

I had a damaged molding on my vehicle that was clearly hit with a buffer wheel, yet my dealer proceeded with having it repaired under warranty (the paperwork indicates such).
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7457 posts
1710 upvotes
Mississauga
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 9:42 pm
And you know this to be across the board as industry standard?
I think not and can at least confirm with Nissan and Infinti to not operate this way?
Every single issue or repair had to be approved before the dealership would even consider booking an appointment.
You must be on crack. How could they authorize a warranty repair before knowing what the warranty repair would be. What parts would be needed, what labor would be involved. You keep digging the hole deeper and deeper. Pretty soon you will be in china and get the warranty parts yourself. I hope your good at your job your not much help here.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14587 upvotes
Ottawa
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 10:43 pm
You must be on crack. How could they authorize a warranty repair before knowing what the warranty repair would be. What parts would be needed, what labor would be involved. You keep digging the hole deeper and deeper. Pretty soon you will be in china and get the warranty parts yourself. I hope your good at your job your not much help here.
Dude, obviously the car was brought in for diagnostic, how else would they know what needed to be repaired.
You really need to stop jumping the gun and read carefully.
After the issue was found, they informed the owner that he would have to wait until they received authorization from the factory...to even proceed on to the next step of booking an appointment.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7457 posts
1710 upvotes
Mississauga
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 8th, 2015 10:50 pm
Dude, obviously the car was brought in for diagnostic, how else would they know what needed to be repaired.
You really need to stop jumping the gun and read carefully.
After the issue was found, they informed the owner that he would have to wait until they received authorization from the factory...to even proceed on to the next step of booking an appointment.
So for every warranty repair the customer has to bring the vehicle in twice? Are you sure? If that's true that sure is inconvenient. If I get a chance I'm going to check on that it doesn't make any sense. If I find out either way I will report back.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11660 posts
2681 upvotes
Montréal
stovetop wrote:
Oct 7th, 2015 7:29 pm
10 oil changes for a 1" scratch?? LOL

get over it...your car will get scratched eventually. if it's not into the metal you'll be fine. the dealership already put it through the "detail" shop.

just move on...no point wasting your time on this..
carmaster wrote:
Oct 7th, 2015 7:54 pm
It's a small scratch. Who cares. It's going to get scratched eventually when driving on the highway.
Boy, I really hate such posts, as if you'd take it up the buttocks if that was you; if so, don't bother buying new. Of course OP was silly to take the car 'as is' even though there's an obvious scratch, but, cmon, it's a freaky new car, s/he should expect it to be virtually 'perfect'. The dealership's basically slimy for trying to 'get away' w/ it.