• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2015 7:09 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 13, 2011
961 posts
123 upvotes
you should have bought a car from east-court ford or Yonge-steeles ford. they give you lifetime oil changes automatically .
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2009
1032 posts
273 upvotes
Dartmouth
rocking23nf wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 11:39 am
would you buy a new pair of jeans with a tear in them? A TV with dead pixels? do you even have a job to buy new things?
I certainly wouldn't by jeans with a tear or TV with dead pxels.

But then again I wouldn't buy them with the agreement that I'd take them home and then have to bring them back to the store later to have them repaired later or possibly file a lawsuit to get them repaired. . I simply would not accept anything less than a perfect pair of jeans or TV before I handed over my money.

Like I said don't accept delivery of a car with a flaw or missing options.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10512 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 10:45 am
It's people like you who probably have no respect for others property and likely the type that swings the door open, hitting the car beside, leaving a dent or scratch and walk away as if it were nothing.

If you can't afford to purchase brand new vehicles to appreciate what OP, or other new vehicle owners feel, best to not speak.
x999999999

I don't get their mentality, like I said, as if they would accept it if they were in OP's situation..'oh, just a scratch on my new vehicle, no biggie!'. Gimme a freaking break.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7057 posts
1487 upvotes
Mississauga
rocking23nf wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 11:38 am
yes we got a copy of the work order.
Great. I was wondering if they were going to document it properly.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
8958 posts
2038 upvotes
Sad thing is it will get scratched, one way or another. It's sad but that's the reality when cars are left outside.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10512 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal
Messerschmitt wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 6:00 pm
Sad thing is it will get scratched, one way or another. It's sad but that's the reality when cars are left outside.
That's not the pt. For example, my hood has a lot of micro highway rock chips but that doesn't bother me as much as that scratch on my door because some jerk carelessly rubbed up against it: incidental things don't bother as much (cuz there's nothing you can do about it) vs someone intentionally/carelessly doing it (not that you can do anything about that either, but the idiot doing it could have prevented it).

Otherwise, if your logic was sound, why should ppl live their lives, we're all gonna die anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
8958 posts
2038 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 6:13 pm
That's not the pt. For example, my hood has a lot of micro highway rock chips but that doesn't bother me as much as that scratch on my door because some jerk carelessly rubbed up against it: incidental things don't bother as much (cuz there's nothing you can do about it) vs someone intentionally/carelessly doing it (not that you can do anything about that either, but the idiot doing it could have prevented it).

Otherwise, if your logic was sound, why should ppl live their lives, we're all gonna die anyway.
My car has long scratch on the passanger side rear doors and just got 2nd long scratch on the driver side rear door, and it's obvious someone did it intentionally/carelessly. But what can you do? Unless you happen to be right there when it happens, all you can do is let it go and take it as "cost of ownership". It's frustrating as *****, but nothing can be done. I don't even know how one could "carelessly" do that unless ofc is intentional. I personally tend to stay away from other cars mainly because I would clean up all their dirt on my clothes.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10512 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal
Messerschmitt wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 6:52 pm
My car has long scratch on the passanger side rear doors and just got 2nd long scratch on the driver side rear door, and it's obvious someone did it intentionally/carelessly. But what can you do? Unless you happen to be right there when it happens, all you can do is let it go and take it as "cost of ownership". It's frustrating as *****, but nothing can be done. I don't even know how one could "carelessly" do that unless ofc is intentional. I personally tend to stay away from other cars mainly because I would clean up all their dirt on my clothes.
For my case, they may or may not be careless because it was really small. I'm just saying those scratches are totally avoidable so that's what is annoying.