None
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
240 upvotes
Burrowborough
hoodlum wrote:
Mar 25th, 2015 3:32 pm
First Markham Place theatre is closing tomorrow and the new VIP theatre is opening next Friday (April 3rd).

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/55 ... n-markham/
Just in time for Furious 7!

Wanna see a race?

No not the one in the movie; I mean the one to snap up all the VIP reserve seats once they go on sale for next weekend's screenings..

On your mark; get set; GO!!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5617 posts
1626 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
hoodlum wrote:
Mar 25th, 2015 3:32 pm
First Markham Place theatre is closing tomorrow and the new VIP theatre is opening next Friday (April 3rd).

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/55 ... n-markham/
Finally... a worthy movie theatre in Markham.

Bye bye First Markham. Who remembers the theatre at Markville mall?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1554 posts
13931 upvotes
Showtimes aren't available yet right? Been checking and can't find anything for furious 7
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
240 upvotes
Burrowborough
BD12 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2015 5:14 pm
Showtimes aren't available yet right? Been checking and can't find anything for furious 7
Still showing "No Dates" - maybe they're waiting for the weekdays when the staff is there to troubleshoot start up bugs.
Dec 28, 2006
580 posts
104 upvotes
whistlepig wrote:
Mar 29th, 2015 7:21 pm
Still showing "No Dates" - maybe they're waiting for the weekdays when the staff is there to troubleshoot start up bugs.
I called Cineplex guest services, and they said the Cineplex website should be updated with this new theatre's showtimes listed online by tomorrow after 6pm EST.
Hope that helps, I will try myself.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2502 posts
542 upvotes
Vaughan
swaghunter wrote:
Mar 30th, 2015 6:06 pm
I called Cineplex guest services, and they said the Cineplex website should be updated with this new theatre's showtimes listed online by tomorrow after 6pm EST.
Hope that helps, I will try myself.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10914 posts
1919 upvotes
Toronto
I don't understand what is all the excitement about the VIP cinemas in Markham??

Haven't you guys been to any other VIP Cineplex auditorium before?

It's not worth it unless you count the big (non-reclining) leather seats....the screens are not that large and the sound is good but that's it...unless you want the reserve seating.

I would rather watch with a reserved seat in a real IMAX cinema than a tiny VIP screen...sorry but that's just me...the screen and sound of IMAX (a real IMAX) makes these VIP screens look like second-rate.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10914 posts
1919 upvotes
Toronto
Since you guys are excited about Furious 7...I think this is a movie worth watching with the D-Box motion seats to get the sensation that your are shaking and rumbling with the many car action scenes.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44306 posts
3276 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote:
Mar 31st, 2015 5:43 am
I don't understand what is all the excitement about the VIP cinemas in Markham??

It's not worth it unless you count the big (non-reclining) leather seats....the screens are not that large and the sound is good but that's it...unless you want the reserve seating.

I would rather watch with a reserved seat in a real IMAX cinema than a tiny VIP screen...sorry but that's just me...the screen and sound of IMAX...a real IMAX makes these VIP screens look like second-rate.
The theater mostly has everything. VIP, DBOX, IMAX, 3D, Standard.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
240 upvotes
Burrowborough
Scorpionsy wrote:
Mar 31st, 2015 5:43 am

I would rather watch with a reserved seat in a real IMAX cinema than a tiny VIP screen...sorry but that's just me...the screen and sound of IMAX (a real IMAX) makes these VIP screens look like second-rate.
Naturally nothing is going to compete with a real IMAX screen (unfortunately most are now the relatively tiny lieMAX screens with the controversial pseudo-IMAX digital projection; but if the movie you want to see is offered in true IMAX and if you're willing to drive to one of the 42 remaining true IMAX theatres in North America; well then all power to you.

Additionally Cineplex's modern VIP theatres do not have "tiny screens". They are now big screens that are proportional to the auditorium size with state of the art projection and sound.

[IMG]http://liveattheshops.com/wp-content/up ... C_5401.jpg[/IMG]

Scorpionsy wrote:
Mar 31st, 2015 5:45 am
Since you guys are excited about Furious 7...I think this is a movie worth watching with the D-Box motion seats to get the sensation that your are shaking and rumbling with the many car action scenes.
Personally I am very underwhelmed by the D-Box experience. I was expecting something like the 4D rides at DisneyWorld where the seat actually moves in coordination with the movie; but instead you get a glorified Gameboy Rumble Pak in a chair; it just vibrates.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
5190 posts
977 upvotes
Toronto
So exited about this new Cineplex.. Bye bye Crappy Cineplex @ FMP!!