• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2018 4:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5999 posts
189 upvotes
Didn't realize that the FMP theatre was closing... lol.... I must be getting old.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2553 posts
579 upvotes
Vaughan
Scorpionsy wrote:
Mar 31st, 2015 5:43 am
I don't understand what is all the excitement about the VIP cinemas in Markham??

Haven't you guys been to any other VIP Cineplex auditorium before?

It's not worth it unless you count the big (non-reclining) leather seats....the screens are not that large and the sound is good but that's it...unless you want the reserve seating.

I would rather watch with a reserved seat in a real IMAX cinema than a tiny VIP screen...sorry but that's just me...the screen and sound of IMAX (a real IMAX) makes these VIP screens look like second-rate.
I'm hoping that since the theater was built from the ground up that the screen size, picture quality, and sound quality will all be top notch. We'll see on friday :)
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2258 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pochacco wrote:
Mar 31st, 2015 8:20 am
So exited about this new Cineplex.. Bye bye Crappy Cineplex @ FMP!!
Give it a year and it will turn crappy too... tapioca bubbles sprayed all over the walls and screens.

I haven't experienced VIP yet at Cineplex. So I'm hoping it will be awesome at the new theatre. Definitely enjoy it being only a few mins drive too :)
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
3918 posts
2551 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't look like there are full recliner seats for VIP like Don Mills location. Not worth it IMO if it doesn't have full recliner.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
Spiderpal93 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2015 8:53 am
Doesn't look like there are full recliner seats for VIP like Don Mills location. Not worth it IMO if it doesn't have full recliner.
At the Cineplex Don Mills VIP the recliners are only in the small auditoriums; the big stadium seating auditoriums have the regular luxurious VIP lounge chairs.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10957 posts
1968 upvotes
Toronto
cloakster wrote:
Mar 31st, 2015 9:17 am
I'm hoping that since the theater was built from the ground up that the screen size, picture quality, and sound quality will all be top notch. We'll see on friday :)
I hope it is good for you and everyone who is excited about it. :)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Aug 16, 2011
243 posts
154 upvotes
TORONTO
Does this place have a real imax screen like Scotiabank? It's sort of disappointing that they built this and don't have a single ultraAVX auditorium...
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
Skyra22 wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2015 1:35 am
Does this place have a real imax screen like Scotiabank? It's sort of disappointing that they built this and don't have a single ultraAVX auditorium...
Skipping the fact that "real" is a very controversial term in regards to IMAX screens; then yes the Cineplex Markham & VIP has an IMAX screen. The Markham IMAX has 12 rows of 27 seats; while the Sccotiabank IMAX has 11 rows of 40 seats.

BTW this weekend's hot ticket for a date - a pair of seats in the VIP for Furious 7 - are almost sold out for some screenings.

++++++++++++

On a peripheral note; the exclusive reign of the Cineplex Scotiabank Toronto theatre as the world's only venue for the IMAX laser projector is ending this week as the TCL Chinese Theatre in LA becomes the second installation of the system.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
There's a double Scene Points promotion when you buy a ticket at the Cineplex Markham & VIP theatre from April 3rd - 17th.

(That's equivalent to a $5 discount on your next trip to a weekend screening at the VIP.)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7059 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
whistlepig wrote:
Apr 4th, 2015 6:52 am
There's a double Scene Points promotion when you buy a ticket at the Cineplex Markham & VIP theatre from April 3rd - 17th.

(That's equivalent to a $5 discount on your next trip to a weekend screening at the VIP.)
It's a targeted email.

I have several accounts and only one account has that promo.

There is another promo that is for selected emails.

Watch furious 7, Jurassic world and terminator in imax and get 1000 bonus points. Or watch any two in imax to get 700 bonus points.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
419 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Nice theatre. Went yesterday on grand opening day.

Building is not done, as there is plenty of dust and two huge empty spaces on the 2nd floor where the theatre is located. They'll most likely be restaurants I'm thinking.

Parking may be an issue, as I feel like there's not enough spots, even with the underground lot.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44583 posts
3338 upvotes
Toronto
CSAgent wrote:
Apr 4th, 2015 1:03 pm
Nice theatre. Went yesterday on grand opening day.

Building is not done, as there is plenty of dust and two huge empty spaces on the 2nd floor where the theatre is located. They'll most likely be restaurants I'm thinking.

Parking may be an issue, as I feel like there's not enough spots, even with the underground lot.
Did you watch in their IMAX theater? Is it not as big as the other ones?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3421 posts
554 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Apr 4th, 2015 2:37 pm
Did you watch in their IMAX theater? Is it not as big as the other ones?
It was slightly smaller than an avx screen. Imax at hwy7/weston screen is huge, markham one is a joke. Waste of monwy, better off in a normal avx theatre. Even the seating knee gap is small.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2383 posts
310 upvotes
Engi-Nir wrote:
Apr 4th, 2015 6:46 pm
It was slightly smaller than an avx screen. Imax at hwy7/weston screen is huge, markham one is a joke. Waste of monwy, better off in a normal avx theatre. Even the seating knee gap is small.
So you recommend the Vaughan theatre? I want to pre-book my Avengers tickets. Was thinking either new Birchmount or Vaughan location.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3421 posts
554 upvotes
Tilter wrote:
Apr 6th, 2015 5:26 pm
So you recommend the Vaughan theatre? I want to pre-book my Avengers tickets. Was thinking either new Birchmount or Vaughan location.
Yes Vaughan is better