New comer searching for advices

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2018 1:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 31, 2018
2 posts

New comer searching for advices

Hello everyone, I need your advice as I am a new comer, planning to land in August. I work as a business system analyst. What are your advices to me to find a suitable job as soon as I land? Is there any online certificates I could take? Any advice plz?
Last edited by Dsoliman on Apr 1st, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2542 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
Hope you’re fully fluent in English .... that will be your #1 requirement.
System analysts are a dime a dozen here. It’s going to be very difficult for you ....

What sort of visa are you coming to Canada on?
And where are you coming from?
Jan 31, 2016
66 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Please be advised that there will be hard competition and low wages. Many newcomers nowadays are end up stuck in low tier jobs such as taxi-driving or laborers. Then, they either shamefully return home. Please do not follow this sad path.

Scource: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e36660656/
Last edited by papermoney on Apr 1st, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 16, 2013
833 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto
If locals that speak the language have trouble getting "good" jobs, what chance does a foreigner with poor engrish have?
Sep 6, 2016
548 posts
196 upvotes
papermoney wrote:
Apr 1st, 2018 11:20 pm
Please be advised that there will be hard competition and low wages. Many newcomers nowadays are end up stuck in low tier jobs such as taxi-driving or laborers. Then, they either shamefully return home or commit suicide. Please do not follow this sad path.

Don't listen to a troll like that.

There are a lot of trolls who spend time to troll others

You have a good profession. However, it will be difficult ton get first job and maybe you will start from survive job, get Canadian education and to start to make a carrier as a business annalist

Many like "papermoney" will try to down you and you need have huge motivation to disregard bad people
Public Mobile $110/12GB forever!
Sep 6, 2016
548 posts
196 upvotes
cowbunpants wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 7:51 am
If locals that speak the language have trouble getting "good" jobs, what chance does a foreigner with poor engrish have?
maybe because they do not have any motivation as immigrants?
Sep 6, 2016
548 posts
196 upvotes
In first time when I get the redflag forum, so many user pushed down me because I have English problems.
They blame me and humiliated mу.

I got my English Canadian Diploma with Awards and Honors.

I got non minimum wages jobs and I keep one

Not only excellent English is important, but you are - your professionalism ans soft skills

I continue my education and I am trying to get new profession even anglophones are scared to get.

We are immigrants and we must be better and we are not looking for a job within 15 minutes away of home

Good Luck and Welcome to Canada
Feb 16, 2013
833 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto
Coles Notes: Engrish good long time immigrants hard work. People born Canada lazy.
Jan 31, 2016
66 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
MasterPro wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 9:10 am
Don't listen to a troll like that.

There are a lot of trolls who spend time to troll others

You have a good profession. However, it will be difficult ton get first job and maybe you will start from survive job, get Canadian education and to start to make a carrier as a business annalist

Many like "papermoney" will try to down you and you need have huge motivation to disregard bad people
Lol. I am just giving a realistic advice. I am not trying to make a provocative comment or "troll" others.
It is much better nowadays for immigrants to stay and improve their own country than waste their time immigrating here. They might even have a better life there. Just look at countries in Asia.The world itself can be improved if every country becomes developed instead of just Canada and USA.

Every country has its down and up period. So when Canada and USA are in crisis (outsourcing, high youth unemployment, financial debt..etc.) are everyone just going to pack up and leave?
Dec 29, 2012
649 posts
146 upvotes
Scarborough
1. Try the major banks: TD, RBC, CIBC, Scotiabank, BMO (use search engine)
2. Work as a contractor first if you have to, www.ajilon.com, www.moduscanada.com
3. If you're working for an international company right now, ask for a transfer
4. If you're working for a company which does outsourcing, approach your Canadian clients
5. Better if you get into a large company which has a diversity program as you may be impacted by lack of opportunity in a family-owned business
6. Bring written references from your past and current employers plus telephone numbers (they will call to check references)
7. http://www.cips.ca/certification
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16499 posts
2166 upvotes
cowbunpants wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 7:51 am
Locals and new immigrants do not have trouble finding new jobs. People with mediocre resumes and/or relevant work experience have trouble finding work.
papermoney wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 10:35 am
It is much better nowadays for immigrants to stay and improve their own country than waste their time immigrating here. They might even have a better life there. Just look at countries in Asia.The world itself can be improved if every country becomes developed instead of just Canada and USA.

Every country has its down and up period. So when Canada and USA are in crisis (outsourcing, high youth unemployment, financial debt..etc.) are everyone just going to pack up and leave?
You're jaded. Oh well... someone's gotta do a McJob :)
Feb 15, 2013
492 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
papermoney wrote:
Apr 1st, 2018 11:20 pm
Please be advised that there will be hard competition and low wages. Many newcomers nowadays are end up stuck in low tier jobs such as taxi-driving or laborers. Then, they either shamefully return home or commit suicide. Please do not follow this sad path.

lol.. troll?
Jan 31, 2016
66 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
coolspot wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 2:11 pm
Locals and new immigrants do not have trouble finding new jobs. People with mediocre resumes and/or relevant work experience have trouble finding work.

You're jaded. Oh well... someone's gotta do a McJob :)
Well... the burgers are not going to cook themselves. My office job get boring from time to time.
Sep 6, 2016
548 posts
196 upvotes
papermoney wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 3:40 pm
Well... the burgers are not going to cook themselves. My office job get boring from time to time.
AAA You are working in MC

OK. Yes you Must to speak English very well and have at least Canadian PhD
Jan 13, 2017
102 posts
31 upvotes
Dsoliman wrote:
Apr 1st, 2018 8:32 am
Hello everyone, I need your advice as I am a new comer, planning to land in August. I work as a business system analyst. What are your advices to me to find a suitable job as soon as I land? Is there any online certificates I could take? Any advice plz?
Go to a job agency if you have experience.
Get a certificate at a well known Canadian College or University while you continue applying for jobs.