Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5489 posts
2064 upvotes
redflagdeals.com

In a new commercial, Chevy claims to be the most reliable automotive brand

What do you think? Hmmmm...

The end of the ad says,
CHEVY. MORE RELIABLE THAN TOYOTA, HONDA, AND 23 OTHER BRANDS.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
34 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8237 posts
1176 upvotes
As politicians like to say when someone points out a poll that say's their losing....the response: "It depends on which poll that you are looking at." If you look at who they asked, you'll get your answer.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8725 posts
6433 upvotes
Markham
Even if Chevy was really the most reliable... still wouldn’t buy one.
Jul 26, 2011
435 posts
427 upvotes
NORTH YORK
You can say anything you want now a days in a commercial.
Gillette told men that they are terrible people yet somehow they decided to air that.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11519 posts
6323 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Ahh Chevy's own research....

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Feb 8, 2010
259 posts
191 upvotes
Does not really matter. You don't want to own a car but feel like driving a rental.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
12054 posts
11853 upvotes
Oakville
mapleleafs92 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 10:23 pm
You can say anything you want now a days in a commercial.
Gillette told men that they are terrible people yet somehow they decided to air that.
Yea! That TV commercial hurt my manly feelings so much that I cut my penis off with a Mach 5 razor. That'll show them!
Jul 26, 2011
435 posts
427 upvotes
NORTH YORK
engineered wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 11:26 pm
Yea! That TV commercial hurt my manly feelings so much that I cut my penis off with a Mach 5 razor. That'll show them!
I'll let my wife's boyfriend know about that issue with that Mach 5s.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11860 posts
5936 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Read into it, it was based on their own questionnaire using a limited pool and time frame that was hardly scientific. The “Real People” mock reply to this by Mahk is pretty funny.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
7113 posts
6388 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Anikiri wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 10:07 pm
Even if Chevy was really the most reliable... still wouldn’t buy one.
The worst would be a current Oshawa built Impala or Equinox by some jaded worker that's still being paid to do a job but because "GM is mean" they basically could care less about if it's built right.

I laugh at all those here in the boonies that used to sneer at me for my Honda's and Toyota's with 'buy domestic' when in fact there's more chance going fwd that those Honda's and Toyota's are actually made in Ontario. I get to say "hey big shot, you gonna sell that GM now?".

I also laugh at the work stoppages by orchestrated by dinosaur Unifor to protest the closure. It's like really? You are basically proving why GM is leaving.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1066 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone can claim anything. Doesn't mean anything if you get a lemon.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2016
1313 posts
1067 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cartfan123 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 9:21 am
The worst would be a current Oshawa built Impala or Equinox by some jaded worker that's still being paid to do a job but because "GM is mean" they basically could care less about if it's built right.

From what I can tell with GM rental cars I have seen, they never cared in the first place, from design through to build.

This commercial had a single purpose, I think, and succeeded. There are many people in rural areas that love driving GM and Chevy already, and they want confirmation bias to keep believing and buying the crap cars. It just affirms their hope, and none of them will look into the source. Think the Trump crowd... not concerned with truth per se, but gut feeling. It affirms that gut feeling.
May 27, 2017
138 posts
164 upvotes
I had a 2005 chev impala with 600,000km it only needed a new transmission at 430,000km and routine maintenance items, one of the best cars I owned before It died in a car accident