None
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2910 posts
998 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
althetrainer wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 8:19 pm
I still prefer the old style but compared to that eye-burning new style this dark mode is very acceptable. Thank you Mr. Developer, whoever you are!
+1 It's not great, but it's better than the white, which is, for me, unusable. What on earth were they thinking? I can't believe it's still around. Anyway, will give this a try.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2165 posts
926 upvotes
Muskoka
I have been using dark mode for about a week now. My only real complaint occurs when you are viewing a forum list. It is hard to distinguish between threads that have been read or not. The bold blue, is too close to a non-bold blue. I am on a MAC. I would consider this minor

Also, I would have to agree with others, this is much better than the glaring white. Especially when you go back to see what it looks like.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5541 posts
266 upvotes
Calgary
this is so much better than the default white! my eyes feel so much better now.

i do wish i could get it working on my mobile devices though so hopefully it becomes a permenant forum setting...also would prefer more of muted shade of red but thats minor..
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3013 posts
418 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Thanks for this. Now get rid of the asinine upvote downvote reddit rip off karma whoring and RFD will be much better.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2010
4774 posts
1453 upvotes
Canada
spotts01 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2016 8:29 am
I have been using dark mode for about a week now. My only real complaint occurs when you are viewing a forum list. It is hard to distinguish between threads that have been read or not. The bold blue, is too close to a non-bold blue. I am on a MAC. I would consider this minor
Same thing on windows
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2165 posts
926 upvotes
Muskoka
Are some forums/threads now not working with this 'dark' mode. I have restarted Chrome, but same issue, it is partially dark, but mostly white.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5541 posts
266 upvotes
Calgary
spotts01 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 10:36 am
Are some forums/threads now not working with this 'dark' mode. I have restarted Chrome, but same issue, it is partially dark, but mostly white.
got this too today, seems it is broken
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8588 posts
12932 upvotes
Scarborough
@spotts01 @markj

I noticed it too. We pushed an update to the site today but since the dark theme isn't officially support it didn't get tested with the release. I let the developer know so hopefully I'll have more info soon.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2165 posts
926 upvotes
Muskoka
TomRFD wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 12:11 pm
It's been fixed. @spotts01 @markj
Thanks - that was fast

Since you guys are still actively working on this (good thing) is it possible to adjust the colour of the font for unread or updated threads to a green or something. Going from Blue to BoldBlue I find is not enough of a distinction.

Other than that, I really like it.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8588 posts
12932 upvotes
Scarborough
spotts01 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 12:35 pm
Thanks - that was fast

Since you guys are still actively working on this (good thing) is it possible to adjust the colour of the font for unread or updated threads to a green or something. Going from Blue to BoldBlue I find is not enough of a distinction.

Other than that, I really like it.
Another way to help distinguish threads with new replies is that they'll have the red "Go to new post" indicator to the left side of the title.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2792 posts
306 upvotes
Markham
Hopefully a Dark Theme for the RFD app soon.
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
aviador wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 3:16 pm
I've been using Care Your Eyes extension Night Mode theme on Chrome for browsing RFD since day one of launching the new RFD platform. Its default Night Mode looks pretty much the same as this custom style extension.
I like it...except for the incredibly bright cyan border for every post header in a thread.

How can I disable that? comparatively I think this custom thing is much darker than care your eyes.

btw., i REALLY hate the default RFD colours. They're so washed out??? why???? why is it so absurdly bright and faded???? ughhhhhhhhhhhh.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
ooohhhh, ok installed stylish.

I likey more.

the red (though somewhat subdued brightness) post header is very nice (much nicer than CYAN)...and the text is nice and brighter. Makes for a MUCH more enjoyable and relaxed reading experience. Very comforting on the eyes.

Why the hell haven't you adopted this already lol? It's been months since I've hated coming on RFD for specifically this reason. Now I'm going to be on far more....work will suffer.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)