• Apr 21st, 2017 5:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
17662 posts
2908 upvotes
Thornhill
Dark mode is the best. I do get weird hiccups when it suddenly goes back to blinding eyeballs mode, but a F5 usually fixes it. I haven't found any repeatable reason yet so I haven't submitted any feedback.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16550 posts
1608 upvotes
GTA West
spotts01 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2016 8:29 am
I have been using dark mode for about a week now. My only real complaint occurs when you are viewing a forum list. It is hard to distinguish between threads that have been read or not. The bold blue, is too close to a non-bold blue. I am on a MAC. I would consider this minor

Also, I would have to agree with others, this is much better than the glaring white. Especially when you go back to see what it looks like.
markj wrote:
Oct 5th, 2016 1:33 pm
this is so much better than the default white! my eyes feel so much better now.

i do wish i could get it working on my mobile devices though so hopefully it becomes a permenant forum setting...also would prefer more of muted shade of red but thats minor..
Jimboski wrote:
Jan 14th, 2017 12:10 am
Omg i just found out about this today, this is such a blessing!
coriolis wrote:
Jan 30th, 2017 11:59 am
Dark mode is the best. I do get weird hiccups when it suddenly goes back to blinding eyeballs mode, but a F5 usually fixes it. I haven't found any repeatable reason yet so I haven't submitted any feedback.
RE: Dark Theme

I just wanted to let people who complained about the 'blinding eyeballs mode' know that, if you wear eyeglasses, you might want to try a blue-light blocking lens. About 1 week ago I got new eyeglasses with Choice BluSelect lenses and immediately I noticed a difference.

Bright LCD screens were hurting my eyeballs so much that I changed all my PC settings so white was replaced with grey. Now with these eyeglasses, I have changed it all back and my eyes are so much happier. I don't know why I didn't get these lenses earlier.

Nikon also has a similar product called "SeeCoat Blue".
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5424 posts
238 upvotes
Calgary
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 2:13 pm
RE: Dark Theme

I just wanted to let people who complained about the 'blinding eyeballs mode' know that, if you wear eyeglasses, you might want to try a blue-light blocking lens. About 1 week ago I got new eyeglasses with Choice BluSelect lenses and immediately I noticed a difference.

Bright LCD screens were hurting my eyeballs so much that I changed all my PC settings so white was replaced with grey. Now with these eyeglasses, I have changed it all back and my eyes are so much happier. I don't know why I didn't get these lenses earlier.

Nikon also has a similar product called "SeeCoat Blue".
thanks id consider that even though i dont use glasses. ive always heard the https://gunnar.com ones are really good.

but still without this dark theme mode for rfd and even with special glasses, it would still be too bright for me. im a dark mode for everything kind of guy (use AMOLED screens a lot)...
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16550 posts
1608 upvotes
GTA West
markj wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 3:10 pm
thanks id consider that even though i dont use glasses. ive always heard the https://gunnar.com ones are really good.

but still without this dark theme mode for rfd and even with special glasses, it would still be too bright for me. im a dark mode for everything kind of guy (use AMOLED screens a lot)...
Fair enough, I still use Dark Mode on my phone and tablet whenever possible.
My co-worker has the Gunnar glasses (the yellow lenses) and he loves them.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Dec 20, 2015
196 posts
64 upvotes
KW
My eyes just reverse-aged 20 years! Thanks! This is some Benjamin Button shit for the eyes.
😃😃😃
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel