Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5649 posts
290 upvotes
Calgary
superbigjay wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 3:41 pm
With the apps on android...
Dark mode has some thread with font color set to black, making it almost impossible to read...

Any ways to disable this?

Example in picture...
ya this is a pretty big visual bug!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1256 posts
534 upvotes
montreal
markj wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 8:30 pm
ya this is a pretty big visual bug!
Thanks markj !!!
I though I was the only one having this as nobody seems to complain about this and it is (IMO) very noticeable in the apps ...
Still on the line to switch back to the regular mode, as this is a big down side to the dark mode.

I guess there isn't much dark mode users around.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9617 posts
14460 upvotes
Scarborough
superbigjay wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 5:46 am
Thanks markj !!!
I though I was the only one having this as nobody seems to complain about this and it is (IMO) very noticeable in the apps ...
Still on the line to switch back to the regular mode, as this is a big down side to the dark mode.

I guess there isn't much dark mode users around.
This thread is for the desktop dark mode. There is another thread discussing this particular issue. The mobile dev team is aware of the issue and are working on fixing it.

rfd-apps-dark-theme-why-some-titlrs-use ... s-2199679/
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1256 posts
534 upvotes
montreal
TomRFD wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 10:59 am
This thread is for the desktop dark mode. There is another thread discussing this particular issue. The mobile dev team is aware of the issue and are working on fixing it.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rfd-app ... s-2199679/
Funny, that is the thread I started ...
But since I didn't got any feed back I tought I would ask the question here (I tought it was for mobile).
Thanks again.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9617 posts
14460 upvotes
Scarborough
superbigjay wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 12:24 pm
Funny, that is the thread I started ...
But since I didn't got any feed back I tought I would ask the question here (I tought it was for mobile).
Thanks again.
I probably should've noticed that! I met with the mobile dev lead last week and I know this was something he was personally looking into. Hopefully with the new info you provided he can quickly get to the bottom of this.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Mar 2, 2008
479 posts
395 upvotes
BC
As of today, I got a message that Sylish is blocked in Firefox. Yes, you can just re-enable it, but is it known why? Has something changed in FF or in Stylish?

Edit: more info here:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1472948
Stylish has been blocked for your protection.

Why was it blocked?
This add-on violates data practices outlined in the review policy.
Who is affected?
What does this mean?

The problematic add-on or plugin will be automatically disabled and no longer usable.
When Mozilla becomes aware of add-ons, plugins, or other third-party software that seriously compromises Firefox security, stability, or performance and meets certain criteria, the software may be blocked from general use. For more information, please read this support article.

Blocked on Jul 04, 2018. View block request.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4447 posts
2835 upvotes
Toronto
I made a thread here to discuss that Stylish has been basically spyware relaying ALL your browsing history and Google search result history to a third party via an auto opt-in feature (unless you specifically disabled it). Has just been banned for Firefox and will probably be banned for Chrome soon.

Robert Heaton posted an in-depth analysis of what Stylish has been doing since early 2017.

You can use Stylus as an alternative.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1141 posts
472 upvotes
Ottawa
Now that RFD is under new management , are there any plans to officially incorporate (without the use of 3rd party apps) a Night mode layout?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2317 posts
492 upvotes
Da boot
mrinterested wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 12:05 am
Now that RFD is under new management , are there any plans to officially incorporate (without the use of 3rd party apps) a Night mode layout?
RFD REALLY needs a "night mode" it's way too bright white. Website visual ergonomics has changed drastically since the dinosaur days when white on red was a great idea.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5649 posts
290 upvotes
Calgary
+1 for a native dark mode!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2072 posts
880 upvotes
markj wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 6:59 pm
+1 for a native dark mode!
+2 for a dark mode option!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8873 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
I actually really like this, now if only there was a way to have this on the iphone/android phones?