New Diet Coke flavors - now in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2018 11:58 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6617 posts
1014 upvotes
BC
kool1 wrote: So far Mango is my favorite. Bought a 8 pack last night.

Cherry definitely has some spicy flavor added to the cherry - I thought it would be just diet cherry coke.
Bummer, I like the cherry coke zero. I'm not into spicy drinks. I think the lime ginger will be my next try.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7086 posts
5217 upvotes
Shoppers Drug Mart has the 8-pack for $5.99

Also selling singles at buy 1 at $1.69 each and get one free. Until Feb. 23 (Toronto)

They have 2 12-can cases of pc cola for $5.00 for those interested in that.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
renoldman wrote: Shoppers Drug Mart has the 8-pack for $5.99

Also selling singles at buy 1 at $1.69 each and get one free. Until Feb. 23 (Toronto)

They have 2 12-can cases of pc cola for $5.00 for those interested in that.
Sobeys has singles for $0.79-$0.89 and 8 packs for $4.49 on sale or $4.99 reg.

$5.99 is crazy.
Mar 19, 2013
728 posts
228 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
My wife is a diet pop drinker. She really liked the Mango & Cherry. I gave them a try, they were ok. I'm not a diet pop fan.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
Shouldn’t there be mixed packs? I can see myself getting sick of any particular flavour. But I could probably survive a couple of each.

That said I loved Ginger Pepsi when it was out. Felt guilty because of the sugar intake. So looking forwards to Coke’s Ginger attempt, even if it is fake ginger. I tried adding ginger to Diet Pepsi but no dice.

Is Coke going to have 2 litre versions? Paying more than 35 cents a litre for cola seems wasteful. Washing glasses is pretty easy.

There should be a coffee replacement cola. The caffeine content of cola is so low, makes drinking it awkward if you are a regular coffee drinker. You have to choose between feeling drowsy or extra bathroom breaks. And the taste doesn’t complement either drink.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
MonctonMan wrote: So looking forwards to Coke’s Ginger attempt, even if it is fake ginger. I tried adding ginger to Diet Pepsi but no dice.
UM...since Coke and Canada dry are together, and since Canada dry uses real ginger, maybe the ginger diet coke is real?
I honestly don't know...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
MonctonMan wrote: There should be a coffee replacement cola.
Coke tried that already, and it might still be around today,
but not in Canada because it did not sell well...it was also very expensive. It was a 200 ml bottle for the price of a 591 ml regular Coke bottle. (this was also before coke shrank their 591 ml bottles down to 500 ml)

Coke Blak: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Bl%C4%81K

Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7086 posts
5217 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Coke tried that already, and it might still be around today,
but not in Canada because it did not sell well...it was also very expensive.
What about Jolt Cola?

From what I have read it seems Cott produced it for Canada.

Perhaps they need to be contacted to bring it back. (Cott sells in Dollarama, right?)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote: What about Jolt Cola?

From what I have read it seems Cott produced it for Canada.

Perhaps they need to be contacted to bring it back. (Cott sells in Dollarama, right?)
Jolt cola has nothing to do with coffee. It was twice the sugar and twice the caffeine.
Jolt was made by Wet planet beverages.
Cott sells 2 litre bottles of pop in Dollar tree and the cans in Dollarama, both warm.
Giant Tiger may also carry Cott pop.
also, smaller independent grocery stores.

***Actually, What Cott? The name cott might stick around, but Cott Canada is toast... RIP Cott, hello Refreshco: https://www.refresco.com/news/?cwsurl=% ... 164817.xml

Staying on the topic of the thread, who knows if Refreshco will copy diet coke and launch a bunch of diet flavoured colas of their own?
May 5, 2016
535 posts
547 upvotes
Cherry: very good, has kind of a dark cherry flavor and no aftertaste.
Lime: overall ok, very subtle flavor though, lime or ginger
Mango: very artificial tasting, just doesn't work for me
Bloodorange: The initial taste is very good but has a kind of spicy after taste that was very off putting.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
In Japan, there's Peach Coca-Cola now.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jun 6, 2016
134 posts
89 upvotes
Wait, what -- Coca-Cola Life doesn't exist anymore? Already? I thought it was way better than Diet Coke or Coke Zero since it was a mix of real sugar and stevia rather than aspartame or corn syrup.

What I regularly bought within last year was Pepsi Throwback (would only buy this if it was offered all the time), Coke Life, Regular Coke (for mixes), Zevia & 1642 Cola (great, but expensive compared to the big players). If I'm going to drink cola, I'd rather them having natural sweetners -- people really preferred Diet Coke and Coke Zero to Coke Life ?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
ErBoProxy wrote: Wait, what -- Coca-Cola Life doesn't exist anymore? Already? I thought it was way better than Diet Coke or Coke Zero since it was a mix of real sugar and stevia rather than aspartame or corn syrup.

What I regularly bought within last year was Pepsi Throwback (would only buy this if it was offered all the time), Coke Life, Regular Coke (for mixes), Zevia & 1642 Cola (great, but expensive compared to the big players). If I'm going to drink cola, I'd rather them having natural sweetners -- people really preferred Diet Coke and Coke Zero to Coke Life ?
Coke Life still in stores - I think it is fazing out though.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: Bring back Coke Zero Vanilla!
if you really really want it, they got it at Wendys with coke freestyle machines and cans at mr.case (ridiculous price though). I'd rather just fill up a cup in Wendys. The large cups at Wendys are quite big.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: That's what I've been doing at Wendy's. ;)
you could always bring a backpack with a container, go into the bathroom and pour the cups pop in the container and refill lol
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6617 posts
1014 upvotes
BC
I tried the lime/ginger.. love it!! I've heard its the biggest seller so far of the 4.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
renoldman wrote: What about Jolt Cola?
Jolt has too much sugar and not enough caffeine (although it would be a jolt if you aren’t a cofffee drinker).
Toronto is a very small part of Canada