Food & Drink

New Diet Coke flavors - now in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2018 11:58 am
May 5, 2016
290 posts
270 upvotes
Cherry: very good, has kind of a dark cherry flavor and no aftertaste.
Lime: overall ok, very subtle flavor though, lime or ginger
Mango: very artificial tasting, just doesn't work for me
Bloodorange: The initial taste is very good but has a kind of spicy after taste that was very off putting.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9438 posts
3823 upvotes
Toronto
In Japan, there's Peach Coca-Cola now.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jun 6, 2016
108 posts
71 upvotes
Wait, what -- Coca-Cola Life doesn't exist anymore? Already? I thought it was way better than Diet Coke or Coke Zero since it was a mix of real sugar and stevia rather than aspartame or corn syrup.

What I regularly bought within last year was Pepsi Throwback (would only buy this if it was offered all the time), Coke Life, Regular Coke (for mixes), Zevia & 1642 Cola (great, but expensive compared to the big players). If I'm going to drink cola, I'd rather them having natural sweetners -- people really preferred Diet Coke and Coke Zero to Coke Life ?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9029 posts
1762 upvotes
ErBoProxy wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 12:59 pm
Wait, what -- Coca-Cola Life doesn't exist anymore? Already? I thought it was way better than Diet Coke or Coke Zero since it was a mix of real sugar and stevia rather than aspartame or corn syrup.

What I regularly bought within last year was Pepsi Throwback (would only buy this if it was offered all the time), Coke Life, Regular Coke (for mixes), Zevia & 1642 Cola (great, but expensive compared to the big players). If I'm going to drink cola, I'd rather them having natural sweetners -- people really preferred Diet Coke and Coke Zero to Coke Life ?
Coke Life still in stores - I think it is fazing out though.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1440 posts
499 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Bring back Coke Zero Vanilla!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2564 posts
760 upvotes
AsianXL wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 2:22 pm
if you really really want it, they got it at Wendys with coke freestyle machines and cans at mr.case (ridiculous price though). I'd rather just fill up a cup in Wendys. The large cups at Wendys are quite big.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1440 posts
499 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
toronto19850 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 2:27 pm
if you really really want it, they got it at Wendys with coke freestyle machines and cans at mr.case (ridiculous price though). I'd rather just fill up a cup in Wendys. The large cups at Wendys are quite big.
That's what I've been doing at Wendy's. ;)
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2564 posts
760 upvotes
AsianXL wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 2:28 pm
That's what I've been doing at Wendy's. ;)
you could always bring a backpack with a container, go into the bathroom and pour the cups pop in the container and refill lol
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5857 posts
341 upvotes
BC
I tried the lime/ginger.. love it!! I've heard its the biggest seller so far of the 4.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3933 posts
1115 upvotes
Moncton
renoldman wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 6:07 am
What about Jolt Cola?
Jolt has too much sugar and not enough caffeine (although it would be a jolt if you aren’t a cofffee drinker).
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Dec 28, 2006
914 posts
208 upvotes
Gotta say I'm really disappointed with this lineup.

I'm a sucker for pretty much any flavoured diet cola (cherry coke zero 10/10, vanilla coke zero 10/10, diet pepsi with lime 9/10, etc.) so I figured these would be right up my alley and bought a pack of each.

Mango: By *far* the standout of this lineup. Absolutely delicious, 10/10, the only one I will ever buy again.

Ginger-lime: Tastes closer to regular diet coke than anything else. Not happy with the amount of lime or ginger, but otherwise inoffensive. Maybe a 7/10.

Orange: Tastes like a mr freeze from my childhood. First sip is decent, but it's way too sweet and it gets undrinkable about halfway down the can. Like a 4/10, would not buy again.

Fiery Cherry: oh god why. The first sip tastes just like normal cherry coke zero and I'm on board - up until the aftertaste hit me. Tasted like I got pepper sprayed at the back of my throat - just a weird, off-putting, chemical burn. I love spicy and I love cherry coke zero but this was the clumsiest combination of the two that I could ever imagine. 0/10.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1507 posts
301 upvotes
St. John's
AsianXL wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 2:22 pm
Buy some sugar-free vanilla syrup and mix with your diet cola of choice - works quite well!

I do it with Diet Pepsi with some stevia-based syrup (made for coffee) that I found at Winners. A very good substitute for the pre-mixed stuff. It only takes a couple drops, so it will last you forever...
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3381 posts
1266 upvotes
Vancouver
playnicee1 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 10:35 am
Jolt cola has nothing to do with coffee. It was twice the sugar and twice the caffeine.
Jolt was made by Wet planet beverages.
Cott sells 2 litre bottles of pop in Dollar tree and the cans in Dollarama, both warm.
Giant Tiger may also carry Cott pop.
also, smaller independent grocery stores.

***Actually, What Cott? The name cott might stick around, but Cott Canada is toast... RIP Cott, hello Refreshco: https://www.refresco.com/news/?cwsurl=% ... 164817.xml

Staying on the topic of the thread, who knows if Refreshco will copy diet coke and launch a bunch of diet flavoured colas of their own?
Jolt Cola actually had slightly less sugar than Coke... but twice (or more) caffeine.

Ron.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13382 posts
2202 upvotes
Toronto
newfbc wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 1:08 am
Jolt Cola actually had slightly less sugar than Coke... but twice (or more) caffeine.

Ron.
Thanks. I am corrected. Jolt was "All the sugar and twice the caffeine".
It's supposed to be coming back...anyone seen it yet?
Source: https://www.geek.com/culture/jolt-cola- ... s-1714033/
(might even have to start a new thread-jolt is no diet coke! lol)
Mar 8, 2007
390 posts
532 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 1:24 am
Loblaws wants $4.79 for 8 310 ml cans! That to me is gouging.
It is cheaper other places though, so that's good.
If you're happy with 310 ml instead of 355, don't forget it's also only 8 cans instead of 12.
So, coke is finding new creative ways to suck our money out of us.
I'm not defending the pricing but expecting the same price as one of the regular products is a little bit unreasonable - those products are probably made in much larger batches and distribution is different. These items are probably produced in smaller batches that are distributed to specific retailers - with added costs.

I know that its still a bit of a cash grab - but really - we live in a market driven economy. and coke is trying to test the waters and see if people will pay more for novelty.

this isn't the first time coke has marketed smaller cans. (and I dunno if anyone in here is as old as I am - when I was growing up the cans were 275-280 mL and those were the ONLY size cans available)