Entertainment

New Disney+ streaming service - $8.99/mth or $90/Yr- Nov 12th launch & Hulu launch in Canada!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2019 12:37 am
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3635 posts
1097 upvotes
Would have thought that it would be available for signup by now in Canada.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4187 posts
1542 upvotes
Global Village
Disney and Amazon can't agree on ads % so as of now the new service will not be available through FireTV.
That rules me out for this, I'll wait until they change their minds and make a FireTV deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.co ... 1570117659
All day I dream about sports
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4187 posts
1542 upvotes
Global Village
Reepicheep wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 4:42 pm
Any idea if it will be on apple tv?
It will.

To use the service you'll need:
Apple products (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV)
Google products (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in device)
Roku (streaming players and TVs)
Sony's PlayStation 4 and Android TV-based televisions.
PC's via web browser
Microsoft's Xbox One.
Nov 13, 2014
233 posts
123 upvotes
Westmount, QC
The service is also availbale on LG WebOS in the netherlands now, so I assume it's coming globally to WebOS.
Dec 2, 2004
507 posts
289 upvotes
With more and more subscribing channels, just pick your favorite one and stick to it.

Netflix, $10.00 check.
Disney $10.00 Check
HULU $10.00 Check
Crave $10.00 Check

Then use the one month free trials to binge watch whatever is exclusive, then cancel after a month, and move onto the next one... lol

or split your subscription between 2 (6-months each) and watch all the exclusive content on both ...

just mix and match ...

I can see if everyone adopts this method, they will have you sign 1-year contracts for a lower price...
Last edited by frugal69 on Oct 22nd, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8773 posts
1286 upvotes
Victoria
If there's going to be an android version for other devices, would it maybe be possible to sideload it onto a firestick?

I can use my ps4 but that console moves around from room to room, the firestick lives in the living room. Hopefully they figure out the firestick thing.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7096 posts
1789 upvotes
zod wrote:
Oct 19th, 2019 11:00 am
If there's going to be an android version for other devices, would it maybe be possible to sideload it onto a firestick?

I can use my ps4 but that console moves around from room to room, the firestick lives in the living room. Hopefully they figure out the firestick thing.
That's what I am hoping for in the beginning, but I would imagine they will eventually settle as Google and Amazon did.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3181 posts
870 upvotes
Ajax
scoper wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 2:14 pm
Disney and Amazon can't agree on ads % so as of now the new service will not be available through FireTV.
That rules me out for this, I'll wait until they change their minds and make a FireTV deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.co ... 1570117659
Maybe they should call in Tommy Holland to fix this as well. lol

The thing is both are so large that people will go whatever platform needed to have +. I'd prefer Fire TV support as I plan to get the new device coming soon, but I will use Xbox One X if I have to as I cannot miss The Mandalorian.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3645 posts
784 upvotes
frugal69 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2019 8:42 am
With more and more subscribing channels, just pick your favorite one and stick to it.

Netflix, $10.00 check.
Disney $10.00 Check
Amazon $10.00 Check
Crave $10.00 Check

Then use the one month free trials to binge watch whatever is exclusive, then cancel after a month, and move onto the next one... lol

or split your subscription between 2 (6-months each) and watch all the exclusive content on both ...

just mix and match ...

I can see if everyone adopts this method, they will have you sign 1-year contracts for a lower price...
Isn't Amazon Tv included with Prime or is there a premium version?
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17220 posts
495 upvotes
Wait, there are ads on the Disney one?

What's the cdn price for the Hulu Disney, ESPN bundle? I'm guessing 19.99?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4187 posts
1542 upvotes
Global Village
Super strokey wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 11:23 am
Wait, there are ads on the Disney one?

What's the cdn price for the Hulu Disney, ESPN bundle? I'm guessing 19.99?
There will be no ads on Disney+ for launch. There will undoubtedly be an ad-supported Hulu service for Canada but it hasn't been announced yet, they have leaked it is coming soon but are probably keeping it hush hush so as not to upset theit TV partners here like Bell, Rogers etc. My guess is they will launch Hulu Canada on Nov 12 also and offer Disney+ with ad-supported Hulu Canada for $13.99 CAD as a bundle, same price as NF HD. At least that's what I would do if I were them.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

Dangerer, LiQuIduS, louisv1