None
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2808 posts
940 upvotes
Newmarket

New Era Homes?

Hi folks.

Did anybody hear about New Era Homes? Can't find much info on them online (looking for owners or buyers experiences).
www.newerahomes.ca

Thank you.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
478 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
Yes, they do not appear to have built very many which can be a good thing.

And only one concilliation that happened 9 years ago. This is also good.
Audio - Video - Data - Security - This is what I do
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2808 posts
940 upvotes
Newmarket
BuildingHomes wrote: Yes, they do not appear to have built very many which can be a good thing.

And only one concilliation that happened 9 years ago. This is also good.
Yes, no news can be a good news ;-).

On one hand not building very many could be a good thing, however if they were building a bit more ten years ago I have to ask for the reasons why they haven't expanded the business, it seems to be family business so the reasons can be multiple though.

The location I was looking at was fairly prices (for the current market conditions), yet other builders in the area are sold out almost on the spot and this one has this location opened since last September (50 lots), and there is still a fair number available, they are also selling singles, yet when I checked with the town the registration was for linked houses, reading any material I got from the builder (just the usual specs, lists and so on) they don't mention linked houses anywhere, they also don't say detached, just singles.

Apparenty it is fairly common for small lots to be linked (due to some regulations for small lots and what not), and apparently builders commonly sell them as singles and the buyers may not even be aware of some kind of link (could be very small - just so the builders can sqeeze detached home on a lot that permits towns or semis), yet as a buyer, if that's the case it doesn't give a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Nothing is being built as of yet, they the closing is for October, if they start digging in March or Apirl it doesn't seem like very much time to build 50 houses.

Thank you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)