162 upvotes

Toronto - New Era Closing Sale - $15 Caps

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
20-60%
Retailer:
New Era
May 17 - Just got back from the Toronto New Era Flagship Store (202 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1Z9) and all caps are $20.00. Sales guy said it started yesterday and runs till the June 5th .. but i dont know if thats a hard date. He says that he doesnt know if they will get more stock. But he did say its cheaper to sell than to send it back to the US.

May 18 - Went again today and they restocked. Oddly i got there around 5pm and they had a sign saying they were opening at 6pm. They added shelving to the bottom floor.

probably stock out the basement. Heres a quick vid shot using spectacles.

I also noticed a skid in the back lot that's not yet unpacked.

May 26 - Based on the posts looks like the price is now $15.00
Last edited by FigNewton on May 17th, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
112 replies
Aug 8, 2016
130 posts
17 upvotes
I'm assuming this is only in stores right?
Feb 3, 2008
521 posts
61 upvotes
GTA
Wait... flagship store closing? That location is pretty big, everything $20??

If this is legit, then pretty decent deal imo.
Ebay 47-0
Heatware 3-0 FS
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2785 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
The New Era store is run by the same company that owns Lids, etc...so I doubt they'd ship back to US, just redistribute. Still sucks as I liked browsing their selection.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
2736 posts
397 upvotes
eugene188 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:57 pm
Do they have any blank hats?
I didn't think New Era sold blanks? IIRC they don't want the value of the brand to be devalued by poor third party stitching.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13210 posts
967 upvotes
Toronto
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks OP
"Deal of the Day" addict
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
585 posts
162 upvotes
yeah the had pretty much everything .. only problem is that all the blue jays fitted seem to be all gone..... in the lower level you have to ask for sizes.. all the other places normally staff would open up the drawers.. but pretty much everyone going in there...

so hats that are usually 50 dollars on lids are going 20 dollars...
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
585 posts
162 upvotes
Chrispy wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:58 pm
The New Era store is run by the same company that owns Lids, etc...so I doubt they'd ship back to US, just redistribute. Still sucks as I liked browsing their selection.

true but some exclusives to the flagship may not show up at lids canada...
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1490 posts
301 upvotes
Ottawa
My problem with many of the New Era hats are the crown is too high and boxy, and it is a high profile hat. My head needs a low crown, low profile...and seems only unstructured "dad hats" are like this. But recently saw a video about shrinking the crown, and now I remember ppl used to have all these things to break in the hat. Does it actually work well?
hvc wrote:
May 17th, 2017 8:00 pm
I didn't think New Era sold blanks? IIRC they don't want the value of the brand to be devalued by poor third party stitching.
I think on the actual New Era website they had some customizing options or something like that.
Jul 20, 2007
939 posts
120 upvotes
eugene188 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 11:25 pm
My problem with many of the New Era hats are the crown is too high and boxy, and it is a high profile hat. My head needs a low crown, low profile...and seems only unstructured "dad hats" are like this. But recently saw a video about shrinking the crown, and now I remember ppl used to have all these things to break in the hat. Does it actually work well?

I think on the actual New Era website they had some customizing options or something like that.
New Era has a "low crown" line which doesn't have that boxy look
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7465 posts
2884 upvotes
any hats look good on bald shaved heads? low crown, low profile ones?
Jan 11, 2010
416 posts
35 upvotes
Do they have curved brim hat models or are they all flat brim hats? Had a lids order get refunded earlier this week because they couldnt find stock for some of the clearance hats I tried to purchase.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)