• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 8:16 pm
Tags:
Mar 23, 2008
224 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
Can we we be able to adjust the auto expiry delay ... 7 days is far too long.. 3days is too long. 36hr is ideal for me.

Most of us if we haven't seen it in 3 days we are not using RFD properly; check too often...

Like others posted, most of my hot deals sections are moved where I cannot do anything with them, so they now have to sit for 7 days (Id rather just not hide anything to stop seeing the moved...
Nov 17, 2016
284 posts
286 upvotes
I second Auto Expiry is way too long. It should be shortened or be adjustable.

Page #2 and #3 in hot deals, I only have 1 post, rest are all "moved" or "merged". Page 1 I have about 10 posts rest are merged or moved.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1415 posts
281 upvotes
Travellots wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 7:15 pm
I second Auto Expiry is way too long. It should be shortened or be adjustable.

Page #2 and #3 in hot deals, I only have 1 post, rest are all "moved" or "merged". Page 1 I have about 10 posts rest are merged or moved.
Same here
Please do something about it guys.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5585 posts
623 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
I have noticed that the thread hiding feature does not work on threads that are marked "Moved" or "Merged".
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
Mar 28, 2017
70 posts
15 upvotes
You guys doing anything about thread hiding? There are so many moved and merged ones showing it makes sites unbrowsable after hiding.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8366 posts
12708 upvotes
Scarborough
ferniebc wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 8:34 pm
You guys doing anything about thread hiding? There are so many moved and merged ones showing it makes sites unbrowsable after hiding.
New threads will always appear at the top so I'm not sure how it's unbrowsable?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1188 posts
197 upvotes
Kanata
Not sure if this thread is still active...but I second the request to do something about the moved and merged threads...my view is EXACTLY as above.
Thread hiding is the best thing ever done to this site...please don't spoil it with this omission. Cheers!
To be or not to be...where is the question?
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8366 posts
12708 upvotes
Scarborough
ipse wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 1:43 pm
Not sure if this thread is still active...but I second the request to do something about the moved and merged threads...my view is EXACTLY as above.
Thread hiding is the best thing ever done to this site...please don't spoil it with this omission. Cheers!
The merged/moved placeholders should automatically be removed after 7 days. Are you seeing any older than that?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1188 posts
197 upvotes
Kanata
TomRFD wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 1:49 pm
The merged/moved placeholders should automatically be removed after 7 days. Are you seeing any older than that?
Now that you mentioned it...no, I don't.
But isn't 7 days too long for something no longer current? Or better...give us the ability to hide those threads too...problem solved for everyone.

Thanks for looking into it.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1188 posts
197 upvotes
Kanata
ipse wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 11:00 am
Now that you mentioned it...no, I don't.
But isn't 7 days too long for something no longer current? Or better...give us the ability to hide those threads too...problem solved for everyone.
Is it not possible to implement this useful feature?
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8366 posts
12708 upvotes
Scarborough
ipse wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 11:54 am
Is it not possible to implement this useful feature?
Anything is possible but right now we've only had a handful of requests for it. I can try to open an exploratory ticket to see how much work would be involved in adding it. If it's not much maybe we can do it sooner rather than later. If regular threads appeared above any moved/merged placeholders, would this be an acceptable solution for you?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1229 posts
276 upvotes
West Vancouver
ipse wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 1:43 pm
I second the motion! Hiding threads that are of no interest to me is a fantastic improvement to RFD. But having the merged/moved listings be unhideable greatly limits the usefulness of this feature. I really would love to be able to hide any threads (merged/moved, etc) as well.

Here's another suggestion: could we set-up filters (that we can tailor) so that we don't have to see deals that are only for areas that we are not in? For example, I am in BC. If I could have the Quebec Only or GTA only deals be filtered out, that would be awesome.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8366 posts
12708 upvotes
Scarborough
Sorcerer wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 8:06 pm
Here's another suggestion: could we set-up filters (that we can tailor) so that we don't have to see deals that are only for areas that we are not in? For example, I am in BC. If I could have the Quebec Only or GTA only deals be filtered out, that would be awesome.
It is something we're working on. It's part of a larger project which will allow users to personalize their forum view by selecting what they want to and don't want to see. We should hopefully see some parts of this project roll out later this year but I can't make any promises.