Automotive

New Ferrari 458 Italia (F430 Replacement)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2009 10:30 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7008 posts
68 upvotes
Nepean

New Ferrari 458 Italia (F430 Replacement)

ITALIA - Ferrari's innovative new V8

The 458 Italia is the latest incarnation of the mid-rear engined berlinetta and will be unveiled at the next Frankfurt Motor Show

Maranello, July 28th 2009
44 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1909 posts
338 upvotes
Magnificent!!

So much better than previous model

I know that the recession is over, but... what about the price? How many are they planning to sell in Canada? Two? Three?
:lol:

Seriously, the future of the sports car market is changing... Unfortunately for Ferrari, they are kind of stuck with the same formula.

Somehow it reminded me of the Toyota FT-HS concept...
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2004
4845 posts
233 upvotes
If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it :D Maybe we can wait for the diecast to be released and get one ourself, only in 1:18

It looks hot! Any interior shots?
Dec 14, 2007
428 posts
39 upvotes
It looks very nice. Doesn't look so Ferrari tho. IMO.
Mar 16, 2008
157 posts
1 upvote
GTA
To see how fast it is, we put it in the hands of our tame racing driver...

Some say he's Michael Schumacher.

Others say he was found in the locker room, bound and gagged with German Piano wire.

All we know is... he's called the stig.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1909 posts
338 upvotes
golden wrote:
Jul 28th, 2009 10:05 am
If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it :D Maybe we can wait for the diecast to be released and get one ourself, only in 1:18

It looks hot! Any interior shots?
For sure I cannot afford it! :)

The cost of owning a Ferrari doesn't stop... ever. Intial cost is one thing... then you have depretiation (for those who buy new). The maintenance has to be rigorous, and if something goes wrong, it can be very, very expensive. These cars are focused on certain things (like performance), other factors such as reliability or durability are secondary (I'm not saying that they are not reliable, but that's not their main purpose...)

Definitely not a "daily driver"
Mar 2, 2009
970 posts
66 upvotes
Bolton
motomondo wrote:
Jul 28th, 2009 9:13 am
Magnificent!!

I know that the recession is over, but... what about the price? How many are they planning to sell in Canada? Two? Three?

Seriously, the future of the sports car market is changing... Unfortunately for Ferrari, they are kind of stuck with the same formula.

Ferarri has no need to change there Formula..... even the recession there are lucky people who still make boat loads of money. I watched a show once and saw a bankruptcy lawyer on it ..... he was talking about how he feels bad cause all of his clients are going out a buis and he burns 30,000 in private jet fuel a day to see them in these rough times.

No formula change needed there is still a ton of people with $2.00 less then god that need something to piss it away on..... IF I HAD IT I WOULD ON THAT MACHINE!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
8844 posts
118 upvotes
Ugly Enzo/F430ish rear lights

I wish they woulda kept the F360 rear look
it's me ramin.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2007
4362 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Ferrari doesn't need to change their formula. It's what makes a ferrari a Ferrari. It's what gets them sold. If lamborginis started pumping out sensible sports cars that look like audis, why would anyone still buy one? Ferrari has always made charismatic fast supercars with glorious sounding engines. Formula to success is uniqueness in the market, not comformity.

Also, that design looks like pininfarina.
Ferraris not longer look that great anymore, they hvent been as inspired as they were in the days of the 275, 355, and f40.

Also that design is
motomondo wrote:
Jul 28th, 2009 9:13 am
Magnificent!!

ES PRODUCTIONS
Professional Photography Services

#KeepFightingMichael
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1909 posts
338 upvotes
VorteC wrote:
Jul 28th, 2009 10:50 am
Ferrari doesn't need to change their formula. It's what makes a ferrari a Ferrari. It's what gets them sold. If lamborginis started pumping out sensible sports cars that look like audis, why would anyone still buy one?
Thank you, that was excatly my point. Lamborghini cannot make sensible sport cars. Neither can Ferrari... they are stuck to the definition that they created. Their business model does not afford flexibility.

So, Ferrari doesn't need to change the formula... yet!
Sure, they still can sell the 4,000 -6,000 cars that they make

But does it make sense? I wonder, who is doing better business, Ferrari selling 6,000 cars a year, or Porsche, selling 120,000?

What about 5 years from now? Or 10 years? Will it still make sense?

Let me make clear, I was referring more long term in the future. The sport car market is changing. Toyota can afford to develop a hybrid sport car, because two things - A.- they have the R&D money to burn,and B.- they are not constrained by the specifc formula that Ferrari uses... Toyota can come up with anything in a wide range of cars, and it will sell...

Now, the question is... If Lamborghini started pumping out sensible sports cars that STILL LOOK like Lamborghinis, how many more could they sell?
Sep 30, 2001
25775 posts
4967 upvotes
Shojin wrote:
Jul 28th, 2009 12:43 pm
What's a CV?
The power of The Google

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous ... ansmission

edit: I fail on this one. Apologies to Shojin, this does not appear correct.
edit2: Here is the correct wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower#CV_and_cv
× < >