Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4226 posts
1296 upvotes
Moncton

"New Flair" February 13th

This teaser from Flair caught my attention.

Anyone have any insight?
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1798 posts
1266 upvotes
Flair is still in business? Colour me surprised.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2551 posts
1159 upvotes
Edmonton
13inches wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:07 pm
Flair is still in business? Colour me surprised.
Why?

ULCC - just picking up in Canada.

Swoop is another good one. FlySwoop
Nov 23, 2015
696 posts
387 upvotes
Winnipeg
First NewLeaf reinvented itself as Flair

Now Flair is reinventing itself as Flair, again?

All this in the space of like two years?

I don't know about this.
Nov 28, 2017
430 posts
345 upvotes
Presumably they are launching in new airports or something.

C'mon Flair, beat Swoop to a direct YXU-LAS.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
3331 posts
2533 upvotes
I'd trust them for my travel plans as much as I'd trust Primera, Norwegian, Sunwing, Transat, WOW Air, or Jet Airways.... meaning, not at all.

Others can be their guinea pigs (or crash test dummies); when they've been around at least 5 years with at least a 4 star SkyTrax rating, then I'll consider them.
Friendly reminder: South Street is the second coming of Licks, and Works Burger is a bad ripoff of Red Robin put out by those purveyors of garbage, MTY Shit Restaurants Group.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7780 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: I'd trust them for my travel plans as much as I'd trust Primera, Norwegian, Sunwing, Transat, WOW Air, or Jet Airways.... meaning, not at all.

Others can be their guinea pigs (or crash test dummies); when they've been around at least 5 years with at least a 4 star SkyTrax rating, then I'll consider them.
I agree with you except for everything besides jet airways. Their the second largest airline in India and been around for decades. The free food on their domestic India flights is actually pretty good.

Did you mean inter jer
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
3331 posts
2533 upvotes
GangStarr wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 12:08 am
I agree with you except for everything besides jet airways. Their the second largest airline in India and been around for decades. The free food on their domestic India flights is actually pretty good.

Did you mean inter jer
Nope, I meant JET AIRWAYS. Did you realize they're in bigtime trouble? They had to ground aircraft because they were being repo'ed...

https://indianexpress.com/article/expla ... s-5561465/
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 935334.cms
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-jet- ... SKCN1PX035

Doesn't sound like an airline I want to be on. Kind of like India's JetsGo...
Friendly reminder: South Street is the second coming of Licks, and Works Burger is a bad ripoff of Red Robin put out by those purveyors of garbage, MTY Shit Restaurants Group.
Oct 6, 2008
129 posts
52 upvotes
Winnipeg
Received an email today from Flair. Looks like they just changed their colour scheme and branding on their planes.
Jul 30, 2015
456 posts
255 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 6:10 pm
I'd trust them for my travel plans as much as I'd trust Primera, Norwegian, Sunwing, Transat, WOW Air, or Jet Airways.... meaning, not at all.

Lol don't put Sunwing and Transat in the same basket as Flair Air, Norwegian, Primera, Wow Air, LEVEL, etc. please. Totally different class of airlines. Flair, Primera, Swoop are ultra low cost, Sunwing / Transat aren't.

Primera is gone, Norwegian is leaving the market here already, WOW is in big financial difficulties, etc. While Transat and Sunwing have been around for more than 30 years flying many millions of passengers a year, they don't cancel flights because they don't have an aircraft available like the others and you don't risk loosing your money because you buy a ticket from them and you don't know if they'll still be operating in the following months like the others either.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
3331 posts
2533 upvotes
Latitude57 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 3:14 pm
While Transat and Sunwing have been around for more than 30 years flying many millions of passengers a year, they don't cancel flights because they don't have an aircraft available like the others and you don't risk loosing your money because you buy a ticket from them
Here's Sunwing in action:
what-should-i-ask-sunwing-compensation-2261483/
joke-airlines-strikes-again-2187048/
sunwing-accidentally-rips-passengers-pa ... #p30459473

and Transat:
air-transat-flight-eu-delayed-18-hours- ... #p30504860
several-passengers-fall-ill-plane-quebe ... #p30461882
transat-6-hours-flight-delay-2209084/#p29925478

There's a reason why I insist on a 4+ star rating on SkyTrax when choosing who to trust with my travel plans. Fly joke air, get joke service.

I'm no elite frequent flier; I know not to expect a luxurious experience. But I do prefer to get to where I gotta be, on time, with minimal hassles, and with my luggage. Airlines that can't do that consistently won't get my business.
Jul 30, 2015
456 posts
255 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 3:33 pm
Here's Sunwing in action:
what-should-i-ask-sunwing-compensation-2261483/
joke-airlines-strikes-again-2187048/
sunwing-accidentally-rips-passengers-pa ... #p30459473

and Transat:
air-transat-flight-eu-delayed-18-hours- ... #p30504860
several-passengers-fall-ill-plane-quebe ... #p30461882
transat-6-hours-flight-delay-2209084/#p29925478

There's a reason why I insist on a 4+ star rating on SkyTrax when choosing who to trust with my travel plans. Fly joke air, get joke service.

I'm no elite frequent flier; I know not to expect a luxurious experience. But I do prefer to get to where I gotta be, on time, with minimal hassles, and with my luggage. Airlines that can't do that consistently won't get my business.
I know you are not a frequent flier because all you do is quote news you see on the web to judge an airline... I could do the same with any airline, but I’m not going that way.

By the way, the link about Air Transat in Quebec City wasn’t even the airline fault.... the de icing company started spraying the aircraft BEFORE the crew called ‘’ Aircraft prepared for spraying ‘’ which is why de icing fluid entered the ventilation system. But hey, go ahead and keep posting links about airlines you think are bad because you dont know what you are talking about.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
3331 posts
2533 upvotes
Latitude57 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 3:45 pm
I know you are not a frequent flier because all you do is quote news you see on the web to judge an airline... I could do the same with any airline, but I’m not going that way.
It's called doing your research in advance. Or being a wise consumer. If you shop blindly on price but don't research quality... you get what you pay for.
Did you also drive a Yugo?

Go fly Flair Air so I can be the first to laugh in your face when they strand you. I'll continue to fly SkyTrax 4* airlines and get to where I need to be, on time, with my luggage, and without hassles. That's served me just fine. Travel is stressful enough as it is, I'm not going to risk my trip being ruined just to save a few bucks on airfare.
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on Feb 13th, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 28, 2017
430 posts
345 upvotes
Jtu85 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 9:32 am
Received an email today from Flair. Looks like they just changed their colour scheme and branding on their planes.
Such a marketing fail. Don't tease a reveal when all you have to announce is a paint job. Time it with a route increase or at least a sale.