26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
Every day? wow
I'm skipping EMA probably, too many recently already - AQN, ENF, KEY, FSZ

Emera Incorporated

Short Description: Treasury Offering of Common Shares via Bought Deal
Price: $47.90 CDN per share.
Settlement: On or about December 28, 2017.
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
jerryhung wrote: Every day? wow
I'm skipping EMA probably, too many recently already - AQN, ENF, KEY, FSZ

Emera Incorporated

Short Description: Treasury Offering of Common Shares via Bought Deal
Price: $47.90 CDN per share.
Settlement: On or about December 28, 2017.
I have an legacy acct that is still covered by a "full service broker" meaning I only talk to the assistant because the broker doesn't know sh*+. Never mind why this account even exists here, but I never get a call from them about a new issue.

Low and behold, guess who just called? What that says to me is that (A) The deal is a dog and needs to be flogged or (B) the newish assistant is a keener.

Passed.

Update: More details (Press release), http://www.marketwired.com/press-releas ... 242816.htm
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Dec 8, 2013
98 posts
31 upvotes
Expressed for 1800 MR.UN, filled 1800. Never had a full fill before, not sure why, but makes me slightly apprehensive about the stock.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2216 posts
2059 upvotes
Toronto
I like it. Expressed interest

Already removed from my broker by 6:43. Think this one's a sellout
Last edited by areyoukiddingme2k13 on Jan 8th, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
What about the falsified mortgage concerns? Maybe the damage is bigger than anticipated hence the 2nd offering.
Feb 21, 2010
886 posts
263 upvotes
Scarborough
Their tier one ratio is low, they are using proceeds as they redeemed some pref shares recently and to buy back some mortgages they had sold earlier
cn_habs wrote: What about the falsified mortgage concerns? Maybe the damage is bigger than anticipated hence the 2nd offering.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
I expressed interested for a couple thousand shares of LB in 2 of my iTrade accounts. Just now found the status of cancelled. I'm not happy.

Well, LB is trading below yesterday's pricing. Maybe I'll try to bid at the lower price to get some.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
I was also allocated 0 shares via RBC on LB.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
romeocanada wrote: Their tier one ratio is low, they are using proceeds as they redeemed some pref shares recently and to buy back some mortgages they had sold earlier
Arrgh wrote: I expressed interested for a couple thousand shares of LB in 2 of my iTrade accounts. Just now found the status of cancelled. I'm not happy.

Well, LB is trading below yesterday's pricing. Maybe I'll try to bid at the lower price to get some.
I was expecting LB to be trading at 54.80 this morning. Any thoughts?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
cn_habs wrote: I was expecting LB to be trading at 54.80 this morning. Any thoughts?
Last year I bought into many bought deals. Sometimes they (bought deal) come down to the offering price, some times even below, and some times not. I'm still wondering about other banks for Bought Deals.

KBL did not come down much after the offering. Most of the REIT's come down close to the offering price but stay just a bit above, and for me they always go up after. KMP.UN stayed above the offering price, then I sold for a good profit. I've always made money on the REIT bought deals. Keep the fingers crossed.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
Arrgh wrote: Last year I bought into many bought deals. Sometimes they (bought deal) come down to the offering price, some times even below, and some times not. I'm still wondering about other banks for Bought Deals.

KBL did not come down much after the offering. Most of the REIT's come down close to the offering price but stay just a bit above, and for me they always go up after. KMP.UN stayed above the offering price, then I sold for a good profit. I've always made money on the REIT bought deals. Keep the fingers crossed.
Thanks.
I do recall LB dropping very close to bought deal price of $51/share last year. Maybe $55 seems to be the floor from a technical standpoint.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
Pinnacle Renewable Holdings

Short Description: Initial Public Offering of Common Shares
Price: $13.00 to $15.00 per Common Share
Settlement: Week of January 29, 2018.

This looks like an interesting company, already a major player in the global market for biomass (wood pellet) fuel. Nothing in the prospectus jumps out at me as being a red flag, but I know absolutely nothing about this industry.
Jan 22, 2015
662 posts
180 upvotes
What's up with AQN? Bought it about a month ago at $14.20 and it's been slowly dripping away since.
Mar 6, 2017
420 posts
308 upvotes
A few IPOs coming up this year apparently.... wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

Spotify
Dropbox
Docusign

And apparently the company that owns a big chunk of Nusret (saltbae) is planning to go public as well lol

I personally like docusign as I think they make it easy to use even for non tech savvy people and this will most likely be the future of signing documents.

Not a fan of dropbox at all

and I'm on the fence with spotify since they're not making money and the competition is tough

I will ask my dividends for the nusret stock to be paid out in tiny slivers of waygu beef ha

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)