Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

New Koodo plans (Includes nationwide mins $15,20,25,35,45 no Zones)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2011 1:12 am
Tags:
None
Mar 1, 2006
171 posts
35 upvotes
Comedian Mark wrote: Chatr is bettar!!!

it is ? i will look into it then. i thought they were using rogers signal....which in nova scotia where i live is what i have had until this week.
when i got it and could not get a signal or lost calls in the thousands...i called in and found out they have lousy coverage here and admit it.
i was going to go to koodoo as i hate bell but wanted use of their towers.

so you are saying chatr is not thru rogers signals? if it is...then maybe you should be more careful about how you make snap judgements in statements.........
You have had a Shark Sighting!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
sharkhark wrote: it is ? i will look into it then. i thought they were using rogers signal....which in nova scotia where i live is what i have had until this week.
when i got it and could not get a signal or lost calls in the thousands...i called in and found out they have lousy coverage here and admit it.
i was going to go to koodoo as i hate bell but wanted use of their towers.

so you are saying chatr is not thru rogers signals? if it is...then maybe you should be more careful about how you make snap judgements in statements.........

Chatr is Rogers
Jul 16, 2003
73 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
I was on Koodo's $50 Nationwide Plan that includes 300min with my Nexus S in Vancouver.
Noticed this new plan when checking my bill, and despite Koodo's buggy website, they have the best self-serve Plan Changer in your account. It compares side-by-side, summing up "Services You Will Gain" and Lose. For $5 less at the end of the day I get 5pm E&W instead of 7pm & unlimited incoming, but lose 50 daytime minutes & conf calling.

Details, copy & pasted:

Old $50 Plan, no addons (removed useless items):
7pm Evenings & Weekends
Call Display
Call Waiting
Conference Calling
Text Messaging Services
Unlimited Canadian LD
Unlimited SMS and MMS
Unltd Local Family Calling
Voicemail

New $35 Canada-Wide Plan (closest offering):

services you will gain
50 Text Messages
5pm Evenings & Weekends
Conference Calling
Unlimited Incoming Calls
services you will lose
7pm Evenings & Weekends
Call Display
Conference Calling
Unlimited SMS and MMS
Voicemail
Addons
+$10: Call Display, VM and Unltd Msg.

You can see the logic is pretty basic, but it helped me switch plans!

Note: I have the Data Saver addon so use <200MB (+$15) as I'm at wifi at home & work. My bill is now $60 excl HST.
I've been on Mobilicity with the Nexus S (coverage is hot garbage, esp in buildings and outside major areas), iPhone on Rogers (worst company ever) and Fido b4 that (pretty good til Rogers bought'm), and for the first time since the Clearnet days, I can finally say I'm OK with the price of my phone plan!
Dec 20, 2010
626 posts
113 upvotes
Koodo cool!!! Love it.

The Canada wide Unlimited plan is great for me.

-----------------

General FAQs

http://koodomobile.com/en/on/canada-wide-plans.shtml

With Koodo you can call from anywhere in Canada, to anywhere in Canada without incurring LD fees. If you live in Toronto and have a Toronto phone number, you can make as many calls as you want to Vancouver without incurring any long distance charges. You can also travel to Vancouver and make calls to Toronto or receive calls from Toronto without incurring any long distance or roaming charges. Since long distance is free with Canada-wide plans you don’t pay any additional long distance charges. With Koodo, there is no roaming within Canada. You will only get roaming charges when you make or receive calls in another country.