Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] New Koodo plans (Includes nationwide mins $15,20,25,35,45 no Zones)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2011 1:12 am
Tags:
None
Mar 6, 2008
82 posts
6 upvotes
TickPasha wrote:
Jul 21st, 2011 12:46 pm
They're getting better smartphone lastly too

I think Koodo is from Tellus

You should read again the quote... he was referring to Chatr -> Rogers
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1464 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
lawfirm_fan42 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2011 1:55 pm
Incoming calls are never charged long distance rates on any provider, just uses your regular minutes unless you are out of the providers service area (e.g. in the US).. If your out of the provider's coverage then you would just be charged fairly high roaming red's for incoming calls and roaming fees + into long distance for outgoing calls. So to the people who live in rural Canada but have a big city number: you can still answer your phone without paying LD rates at home, and without any extra fees besides minute usage if your provider has coverage where you are

That's not true unless your plan includes Canadian LD.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2005
3415 posts
29 upvotes
Coquitlam
lawfirm_fan42 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2011 1:55 pm
Incoming calls are never charged long distance rates on any provider, just uses your regular minutes unless you are out of the providers service area (e.g. in the US)..

I don't think this is true. If you have an Ontario number and pick up call while you are in BC, you are charged regular airtime + Canadian long distance.
Jul 20, 2011
77 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Badger wrote:
Jul 21st, 2011 2:09 pm
I don't think this is true. If you have an Ontario number and pick up call while you are in BC, you are charged regular airtime + Canadian long distance.

If you dont have long distance plan, then if you have a London Ontario number and you are in Toronto and receive a call you get charged long distance (your regular time + long distance charge)
Apr 20, 2011
5 posts
LONDON
Just changed my plan to the $35 plan and here is what I got:

Plan: $35 Canada-wide Plan
Add-ons: International Voice Roaming, Call Display, VM and Unltd Msg $10

So for $45 we got:

rate plan: $35 Canada-wide Plan
included features new features added
•5pm Evenings & Weekends
•Unltd Local Family Calling
•Koodo Data & SMS Rates
•Unlimited Incoming Calls
•Text Messaging Services
•Unlimited Canadian LD
•US Roam Air @1.35
•Koodo HSPA
•US Roam Toll @ $0.00Cdn
•Extra LD Rate (Cdn)
•50 Text Messages
•911 Government Fee
•Call Waiting
•Conference Calling
•Provisioning Service
•Call Display Outbound
•Call Display, VM and Unltd Msg
•Data Saver (Flex Rate)
•International Voice Roaming
Feb 16, 2009
96 posts
13 upvotes
raptorsfever wrote:
Jul 21st, 2011 12:39 pm
Anyone knows what is BlackBerry Basic -Social Trial $10.00?
Yeah, it's for those who just want BBM but don't need any other Social Networking. It's the same as their new $10 CD, VM, MSG plan but with unlimited BBM without the need for a larger data plan.

Crazy to think that for $30 you can get 100 per second any time nationwide minutes, 7 pm Nationwide evenings and weekends, CD, VM, Ultd international sms/mms and Ultd BBM.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1656 posts
102 upvotes
sevenpoint wrote:
Jul 21st, 2011 4:40 pm
Yeah, it's for those who just want BBM but don't need any other Social Networking. It's the same as their new $10 CD, VM, MSG plan but with unlimited BBM without the need for a larger data plan.

Crazy to think that for $30 you can get 100 per second any time nationwide minutes, 7 pm Nationwide evenings and weekends, CD, VM, Ultd international sms/mms and Ultd BBM.

Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2003
9960 posts
1113 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2011 11:02 am
Only idiots would sign up with Chatr... just another flanking brand from Rogers.

Guess I'm an idiot. Been very happy with chatr. $35 unlimited local talk, unlimited Cdn long distance, unlimited text, call display, voice mail. If you use a lot of voice calls, especially in the daytime there is nothing to match or beat this in the new Koodoo plans. I personally don't need data as I waste enough time on the Net as is.

The new carriers offer this cheaper but I don't really have the patience for dropped calls, bad reception etc so I pay a bit more to use the Rogers towers, the way I see it.

Still waiting for the perfect plan, but for now the best plan depends on your needs.
Jun 27, 2007
64 posts
Brantford
Interesting.. Koodo steps up to the plate, sort of..

SO what about the City Koodo plan then: happens with the "Unlimited Local Calling"?
Jun 30, 2010
609 posts
58 upvotes
So basicaly for $45, you get unlimited local and long distance calling anywhere in Canada and there is no roaming or long distance charges?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2006
1042 posts
4 upvotes
I'd rather pay for LD instead of paying a combined $17 for CID, Text, and VM...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2003
9960 posts
1113 upvotes
xtwo wrote:
Jul 21st, 2011 9:11 pm
So basicaly for $45, you get unlimited local and long distance calling anywhere in Canada and there is no roaming or long distance charges?

This sounds too good to be true to me, but if it's true, I'd dump chatr for Koodo, even with Call Display and Voice mail which are probably $12 more to add on.

What does "Canada wide calling" mean? Does this really mean unlimited roaming long distance?

On their site, when I select the $45 unlimited plan, all the add ons are unavailable, which doesn't make much sense to me.

If someone can clarify, I'd appreciate it.
[OP]
Nov 7, 2007
167 posts
93 upvotes
They have a $10 pack.

Call Display, Voicemail and Unlimited (Text and Picture) $10/month
Includes international text and picture messages sent and received within Canada. Excludes premium messages and subscription based messages.
Jun 30, 2010
609 posts
58 upvotes
fenrus wrote:
Jul 21st, 2011 9:15 pm
I'd rather pay for LD instead of paying a combined $17 for CID, Text, and VM...
I called up Koodo. Apparently it's a $10 package for CID, VM and unlimited texts.
× < >