Shopping Discussion

New Le Chateau no-return policy for the holidays?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2016 6:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6383 posts
4912 upvotes
Toronto

New Le Chateau no-return policy for the holidays?

My friend told me that she purchased a scarf at a Le Chateau store downtown Toronto last weekend, and today she tried to return it because she changed her mind, but she was told that between October 30 to January 7 no merchandise returns are accepted in the store, and they pointed out a really small sign by the cashier.

She didn't notice the sign when she made the purchase, and nobody advised her of this new policy when she was paying; the manager was kind enough to accept the return, but said the new policy came in effect because the store is busy during the holidays and they can't process returns.

I've never seen a store do this... except during Boxing Day, and maybe a couple of days after Boxing, due to the amount of customers, but since late October??... never

Has anybody else noticed the little sign at Le Chateau as well, or remember if they did this same thing on past years?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
14 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10563 posts
2830 upvotes
Toronto
That's a period of 2 months and a week. Are they really that busy for the whole 2 months?
I understand for black Friday and boxing week, but 9 weeks in total? @ Le Chateau?!
I call it BS.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6383 posts
4912 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote:
Nov 10th, 2016 12:23 pm
That's a period of 2 months and a week. Are they really that busy for the whole 2 months?
I understand for black Friday and boxing week, but 9 weeks in total? @ Le Chateau?!
I call it BS.
I know, right?... either the store was BS her, or she was BS me, but it didn't sound right at all
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Aug 25, 2011
550 posts
187 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Sounds like an unofficial official way to say "all sales are final"

maybe they really are getting squeezed with those credit issues
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2250 posts
214 upvotes
North York
I'm pretty sure they had "a policy" this summer that said no refunds, exchange for the exact same item only. Pretty lame.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5068 posts
1270 upvotes
Toronto
Who even shops there

Isn't that another brand on a very slippery slope?
Dec 28, 2009
859 posts
35 upvotes
Le Chateau busy? really never heard of it even during Black Friday and Boxing day nobody ever goes in. Can't believe this company is still alive.
Banned
Apr 14, 2016
102 posts
13 upvotes
Lets not judge eh
ez_86 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2016 3:19 pm
Who even shops there

Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1660 posts
571 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ez_86 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2016 3:19 pm
yes. they've taken a beating the past few years.
the mens side is really bad that you are better off shopping at H&M. womens clothing on the other hand, its not bad depending on what
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12684 posts
1990 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Does the receipt state the policy? I'm curious.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1911 posts
618 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I like their clothing. Bought myself some shirts as well a suit.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2147 posts
1106 upvotes
Richmond Hill
flyingnurse wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 4:58 pm
I like their clothing. Bought myself some shirts as well a suit.
I like their clothing too but not $60 to $80 for a shirt. They need to come of their high horse and sell at a more reasonable price. Their clothes are not that special.
:D
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1911 posts
618 upvotes
Brampton, ON
moulamou wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 5:05 pm
I like their clothing too but not $60 to $80 for a shirt. They need to come of their high horse and sell at a more reasonable price. Their clothes are not that special.
Yah I agree with that. I don't usually buy from them unless I know of a sale going on.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1085 posts
282 upvotes
GTA
i thought they were going bankrupt... maybe they will close the dec 31... hence the all sales final until then ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
2397 posts
1047 upvotes
Stores keep pulling crap like this just to avoid hiring more staff. I remember going into a store (not the same chain I just can't think of which one it was right now) and they were having a big sale. My daughter wanted to try on some shorts. They told us the change rooms weren't open during the sale because they were too busy. What kind of clothing store doesn't let you try on things just because they are having a sale.