• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2016 10:09 am
[OP]
Sep 27, 2009
30 posts
RICHMOND HILL

New lease on Audi Q5

hey Forum.

I just signed a 4yr lease for an Audi Q5 and will be picking up next week.

They were trying to sell me the maintenance package for $900+ but still undecided if I should go for this package or not.

This is the first time that I'm leasing an Audi and I heard that their maintenances are very high (for ex: an oil change will cost $300+).

Is this correct?

I have owned Toyotas previously and never went back to the dealership for maintenances.

Am I obligated to go back to an Audi dealership for maintenances?

Thanks for your feedback.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25446 posts
10387 upvotes
Toronto
You are free to go anywhere to get maintenance done. Just keep your receipt and follow the prescribed maintenance items to be done at the proper interval.

oil change for $300 is usually involves oil change + general inspection of this and that (no servicing or replacing parts, of course). Oil change should be $200 on stand alone item.

If you think Audi is expensive for oil change. Wait til you get a P car. $500 + taxes for oil change and inspection. Astonished Face I am not talking about 911 or 918, btw.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2014
1138 posts
448 upvotes
Definitely worth buying. Saves you paying for it later. See if you can work out a deal on the price, however since you already purchased the car it might be a little harder. My previous cars had the prepaid maintenance included for free as part of the purchase price.