• Dec 19th, 2009 8:25 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 26, 2007
176 posts
19 upvotes

New Lowes Store - Innes Rd, Orleans (Ottawa) - Opening 12/16/09

Does anyone know for sure when the new Lowes store on Innes Road in Orleans (Ottawa) is opening?
22 replies
[OP]
Nov 26, 2007
176 posts
19 upvotes
On the plus side I see an "opening soon" sign on the building...
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
2019 posts
547 upvotes
Ottawa
I think it's opening soon.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1177 posts
29 upvotes
Sarnia
sooner soon or later soon?
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. Proverbs 17;28
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3004 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
pkguy wrote:
Dec 1st, 2009 7:40 pm
sooner soon or later soon?
It's bound to open sooner or later...

Seriously, it was supposed to open before Christmas. We'll see...
[OP]
Nov 26, 2007
176 posts
19 upvotes
UPDATE! This is the response I got from their customer care centre.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. The Lowe's store that you inquired about has an opening date scheduled for 12/16/09. Below is the store location's information:

LOWE'S OF ORLEANS, ON, #3009
3828 INNES ROAD
OTTAWA, ON K1W 0C8
PH: (613) 830-6370
FAX: (613) 830-6373
Store Hours:
M-FRI 7-10, SA 7-8, SU 8-6

If you would like more information on this, you can contact the store or visit our Canadian website, www.lowes.ca.

Thank you,

Kelli
Lowes Customer Care
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
3796 posts
591 upvotes
Ottawa
As if Innes Road wasn't crazy enough already. And at Christmas time, no less.
Jan 21, 2007
295 posts
9 upvotes
Do they usually have good opening sales?

I've never been to a Lowes but am looking forward to some competition in the area between HD, Lowes, BMR and Rona.
Sep 12, 2009
90 posts
4 upvotes
I drove past it today and there is a home made looking sign in front of the door and it says the store is opening on Monday the 14th.

It should be interesting, I'm hoping that they will have some good deals for their Grand Opening or at least have Home Depot have some local deals to compete with Lowes.

With five Home Improvement stores on Innes Road alone, somethings got to give.

Edit: According to their website they will have Vendor Demos, a Grand Prize Sweepstakes and Bryan Baeumler from Diaster DIY there on the Dec 18-20th weekend.

http://www.lowes.ca/grandopening/default.aspx
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2009
1735 posts
256 upvotes
Ottawa
Oh great: another mega Yankee hardware chain to compete with! Maybe they will wipe out Home Hardware, and then there will only be them and Home Depot!

Get ready to buy cheap stuff so you can save your hard-earned money and give it to American companies that buy goods made in China.
So go to Home Depot, Walmart, and now Lowes, and save save save your money by adding more junk to your home, and by closing another Canadian store and adding to our unemployment lines. Hey! If they loose their jobs, they can always go to Lowes for a job paying half the money! Or maybe even Walmart, where they have no unions! Remember when they closed down the only Walmart ever to have voted in a union, and then they beat the rap in court by lying about the profitability of the outlet.

The same people that shop at Walmart probably voted in McGuinty - enjoy your precious funds now while you can because everything is going up 8% because of him (and the morons who voted him in). Imagine paying 8% more for you heating bill, your gasoline - everything that wasn't previously taxed... sheesh...

Stepping off soap box... :D
If you like my post, please upvote! :)
Putting people and solutions together since 1995
Mar 19, 2008
473 posts
22 upvotes
It must be nice to have enough money to be able to worry about things like that. You do realize you're posting on a deals/money saving forum.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2009
1735 posts
256 upvotes
Ottawa
jjasond wrote:
Dec 14th, 2009 3:10 am
It must be nice to have enough money to be able to worry about things like that. You do realize you're posting on a deals/money saving forum.
And I'm voicing my opinion on the effect of a mega chain muscling their way into our economy. And the "having enough money" part, is no excuse to boycott stores that are bad for our economy.
You are free to buy from Walmart, and keep some Chinese slaves "employed", and add more junk into your garage and give a big helping hand in increasing our unemployment. And when the real big bubble crashes, and you loose your job, then you can look for all the deals you want.

Just because you want to save a buck doesn't mean you have to sell out your own country!
If you like my post, please upvote! :)
Putting people and solutions together since 1995
Mar 19, 2008
473 posts
22 upvotes
Limoges_shopper wrote:
Dec 14th, 2009 3:17 am
And I'm voicing my opinion on the effect of a mega chain muscling their way into our economy. And the "having enough money" part, is no excuse to boycott stores that are bad for our economy.
You are free to buy from Walmart, and keep some Chinese slaves "employed", and add more junk into your garage and give a big helping hand in increasing our unemployment. And when the real big bubble crashes, and you loose your job, then you can look for all the deals you want.

Just because you want to save a buck doesn't mean you have to sell out your own country!
There is a valid debate as to the merits of big box stores; it is hard to argue though that they provide something people want (selection and price) which is why they have been so successful.

I was being sarcastic in my previous post; I am well off and I suppose I could shop wherever I want. I am not morally opposed to big box stores and like a good deal. However, there are many people who are not so lucky.

All the time, we hear that we must buy environmentally friendly, local, union made, sustainable, etc. products. We hear this from people who live comfortably and don't understand that for the majority of the population, saving a few dollars here and there is critical for any quality of life. It would be nice to live in a spray-foam insulated house made of local wood and drive a prius but this is not a viable option for most. Same goes for paying more for household goods or building materials in order to support a company that you have somehow judged to be better than a chain.

I got carried away here a bit, and none of this is on topic. Does anybody know if Lowes opens today ?
Dec 7, 2007
31 posts
Ottawa
I've been driving to Ogdensburg to check out the Lowes there. Nothing really special. Just another McDonalds of HW store like HD or Rona.

Looks like Rona is a tad more expensive on some items like Schluter Ditra and Kerdi kits. And other items, when compared to HD, but sometimes they have better deals. I've been guilty of shopping at both. Now add Lowes to the mix, and I'm just wasting time and money.

There's no point trying to be patriotic now. Doesn't matter where you shop, you are all supporting the Chinese. I doubt many patriots have realized that, but their Canadian Flags are Made in China as well.
Mar 19, 2008
473 posts
22 upvotes
I just checked out the Ottawa store. Was very underwhelmed. Like the post above says, it's basically another HD/Rona. No reason to go there unless it's the closest box store.
× < >