Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 29, 2012
27 posts
4 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

New Merchant Services

Has anyone used HELCIM for their Merchant Services? I've done a bit of digging and found favorable reviews but I've not heard much about them. Their up front rates and policies seem great. In an industry where there are so many loopholes, fine prints and extra charges, Helcim's upfront pricing seems a little counter-intuitive to me. Any comments/feedback regarding this provider would be appreciated.
4 replies
Feb 18, 2014
207 posts
35 upvotes
Gus317 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2016 10:38 pm
Has anyone used HELCIM for their Merchant Services? I've done a bit of digging and found favorable reviews but I've not heard much about them. Their up front rates and policies seem great. In an industry where there are so many loopholes, fine prints and extra charges, Helcim's upfront pricing seems a little counter-intuitive to me. Any comments/feedback regarding this provider would be appreciated.
They are completely transparent. Something you rarely, if ever see from an ISO/MSP. Rates are very competitive. Monthly fees are also decent. Lastly, no cancellation fees. In case you're wondering, I am not affiliated with them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
7006 posts
791 upvotes
Toronto
I've never used them or even heard of them before I read this thread but their products look pretty good with no hidden fees. I'm going to compare with my existing provider TD Merchant Services.
Feb 18, 2014
207 posts
35 upvotes
Jimbobs wrote:
Feb 6th, 2016 4:29 pm
I've never used them or even heard of them before I read this thread but their products look pretty good with no hidden fees. I'm going to compare with my existing provider TD Merchant Services.
They will almost certainly be better than TD. Assuming that you are a retail location, Helcim offer is Interchange plus 0.18%. There is also a per transaction fee of 8c. If your average transaction is on the low side, this fee will significantly increase your effective rate. Make sure you take this into account when comparing. You can also use the Helcim quote as leverage against TD, to have them lower your fees. They won't match, as they are quite stingy, but you can lower your fees (perhaps significantly), without switching providers.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to further discuss.
May 2, 2016
195 posts
98 upvotes
Anybody any feedback from using Helcium?