Ongoing Deal Discussion

New Nike Clearance Center opened today at Dixie Mall! Crazy shoe selection!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 10:55 am
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3650 posts
456 upvotes
any lineups during weekdays evenings ? this Saturday was brutal (in front the store and the register) ...
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1324 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
tenzo_r wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 9:03 am
ummmm.... i dont think they have those..but ok.......
LOL I think he was trolling him
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2797 posts
1184 upvotes
JakeMills wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 9:05 am
Anyone know if they are carrying larger sizes? .... like....15s?
Saw some 14 and 15 but small selection talking maybe 10-15 pairs, don't know if it's worth the trek if you don't live in Mississauga
May 27, 2004
944 posts
169 upvotes
So I finally had a chance to go check out the Nike Clearance Centre this past weekend.

It has taken over the former space held by Michael’s for a number of years before it turned into this weird clearance outlet sports store a couple years ago.
The owner of this store had a classic case of fall in love with your merchandise and he refused to discount clothing and sports apparel that was 5-10-15 years old. So it’s no surprise he went out of business.

Anyways, I digress. The lineup to get in was about 15 minutes.
Good selection of stock. I can see this place being rammed until January.

I didn’t buy anything, so didn’t wait in line to check out.

Will try and check back on a weekday sometime.

Other sidenotes:
I haven’t seen this mall that busy in years.
This store adds much needed traffic to that end of the mall. That end was dead, and so many stores have come and gone in that area. SportChek had a great clearance outlet years ago as did The Bombay Company.

The Foot Locker clearance outlet was cleared out of merchandise, a combination of traffic and lack of inventory the manager said.
There’s a new Calvin Klein outlet I hadn’t seen previously, didn’t check out the prices, so have no idea what it’s like.

The Tommy Hilifger store is still playing games with their pricing. They will literally take stickers on and off, or change the signs/discounts around every few days.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1324 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
pakmode wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 2:10 pm
It has taken over the former space held by Michael’s for a number of years before it turned into this weird clearance outlet sports store a couple years ago.
The owner of this store had a classic case of fall in love with your merchandise and he refused to discount clothing and sports apparel that was 5-10-15 years old. So it’s no surprise he went out of business.
I think that place just moved out of that location to the old Bulk Barn location by the food court.

You're right that place has inventory from like 10 years ago and is still sitting on the shelves. Im pretty sure they have moved more than 5 times within that mall lol. That place belongs downstairs in the flea market.
Oct 28, 2005
16 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you Op. I went the Friday on opening week, there was tons of selection. They didn't have any ladies shoes I was into, but I left with a pair of ladies workout tights for $30, ladies golf jacket for $25 and a pair of Jordan's for my nephew.

Liked the workout tights more than my Lululemons (cost and quality) that I went again on Friday to get 2 more pairs. 3 pairs of tights from Nike Clearance for $30 each cost me less than 1 pair of Wunderunder tights from Lululemon. Butt still looks good in Nike's according to the husband. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
May 27, 2004
944 posts
169 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 3:01 pm
I think that place just moved out of that location to the old Bulk Barn location by the food court.

You're right that place has inventory from like 10 years ago and is still sitting on the shelves. Im pretty sure they have moved more than 5 times within that mall lol. That place belongs downstairs in the flea market.
Oh really they're still there?
Crazy - that store just will not die out eh lol

I will go by next time I'm there.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2017
93 posts
142 upvotes
Has anyone found out yet on what day they get new stock??
Oct 28, 2005
16 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
lubmar wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 9:28 am
any lineups during weekdays evenings ? this Saturday was brutal (in front the store and the register) ...
No line-up on Friday at 5pm. Entered through the outside door and I didn't have any lineup for checkout as well.
Nov 1, 2004
635 posts
63 upvotes
York
marshmelly wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 3:54 pm
No line-up on Friday at 5pm. Entered through the outside door and I didn't have any lineup for checkout as well.
Thats good timing! Its the lineup inside that takes longer than the lineup outside.
Jun 16, 2012
285 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto. ON
Rocko24 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 3:48 pm
Has anyone found out yet on what day they get new stock??
Girl at checkout said it comes randomly, no specific day. I didn't ask, she volunteered that info
Feb 27, 2015
523 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
marshmelly wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 3:30 pm
Thank you Op. I went the Friday on opening week, there was tons of selection. They didn't have any ladies shoes I was into, but I left with a pair of ladies workout tights for $30, ladies golf jacket for $25 and a pair of Jordan's for my nephew.

Liked the workout tights more than my Lululemons (cost and quality) that I went again on Friday to get 2 more pairs. 3 pairs of tights from Nike Clearance for $30 each cost me less than 1 pair of Wunderunder tights from Lululemon. Butt still looks good in Nike's according to the husband. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
What style/model are the tights?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2004
3750 posts
173 upvotes
Markham
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 5:45 pm
They had these exact tights yesterday:

Lots of good quality tights that retail for $100+ for about $30-40 if womens tights are what you're looking for.
Feb 27, 2015
523 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i-o_o-i wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 5:53 pm
They had these exact tights yesterday:

Lots of good quality tights that retail for $100+ for about $30-40 if womens tights are what you're looking for.
Really appreciate that!

Need new shoes, might as well grab the Mrs a pair.

Now to try to understand woman sizingThinking Face haha

Once again. Thanks
Oct 28, 2005
16 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 5:45 pm
I got a couple of Epic Lux running tights and a pair of Zonal Strength tights (only saw purple and bright blue). I didn't see any plain black ones in the Med section incase your wife is into those. Mostly patterened, solid purple or blue, and then grey cotton ones with a reflective logo.