• Aug 24th, 2014 2:04 am
Tags:
None
Jan 5, 2013
154 posts
17 upvotes
TORONTO

new oreo ice cap at tims any good?

Tim Hortons has a new Oreo Ice Cap and donut too.
Any good?
Ice cap taste like an Oreo mcflurry?
28 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1104 posts
352 upvotes
Tried the Oreo iced capp today. Pretty much a regular iced capp mixed with Oreo bits with whipped cream and more Oreo bits on the top which you probably won't get too...
Not something I'd get again. Way to sweet for for me and it's not worth the price.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1072 posts
341 upvotes
Montreal
I haven't tried the ice cap, but they also have the Oreo donuts, which are too sweet IMO.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gmp6rHf.png[/IMG]

Basically a similar donut to the boston cream, but it's chocolate, filled with some kind of white cream, then there's white icing layer on the top, dipped into crushed up oreos with another drizzle of white icing...

I think they should have just kept it at filling it with the white cream and then putting a layer of something that's not too sweet to stick the oreo pieces on top and left it at that.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4725 posts
2778 upvotes
jpy wrote: Tried the Oreo iced capp today. Pretty much a regular iced capp mixed with Oreo bits with whipped cream and more Oreo bits on the top which you probably won't get too...
Not something I'd get again. Way to sweet for for me and it's not worth the price.
Even the regular ice capp is too sweet...
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
Too $$$$$$$$$

Rather get a Dairy Queen Blizzard (pretty darn expensive now days :( )
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12797 posts
3471 upvotes
george__ wrote: Too $$$$$$$$$

Those Oreos donuts even more expensive in Toronto: $1.49

They look deadly.
Aug 2, 2014
364 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto, ON
joeyjoejoe wrote: Those Oreos donuts even more expensive in Toronto: $1.49...
WTF? Quebec gets a subsidy for doughnuts too?
:lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
The whip cream was awful and the donut was dry. Tried them today and they were a major disappointment
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18836 posts
1902 upvotes
Elmira
Sounds like they are ripping off the one at Starbucks that has Oreo cookie chunks in it?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21684 posts
8957 upvotes
Toronto
I'm one of those suckers that paid $1.49 plus tax. Complete rip off for a doughnut. I will never buy another Oreo doughnut again!
I'll stick with my Boston creme for $1.05 (including tax)
Deal Addict
May 23, 2010
1755 posts
258 upvotes
Ontario
Tried it yesterday. It was quite sweet but I am not too fond of the whipped cream. Not too bad overall, but I prefer the Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino.
Mar 2, 2007
727 posts
23 upvotes
george__ wrote: Too $$$$$$$$$

I would recommend you try the Oreo Mcflurry from Mcdonald's. I was surprised at how good it was.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3481 posts
404 upvotes
Downtown Canada
callitasicit wrote: I would recommend you try the Oreo Mcflurry from Mcdonald's. I was surprised at how good it was.
Thanks for the tip! Never think of McD's for summer drinks.
~SauFung wrote: Tried it yesterday. It was quite sweet but I am not too fond of the whipped cream. Not too bad overall, but I prefer the Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino.
FYI: Probably because it's not actual whipped cream.
:cool:
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1838 posts
268 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
My buddy got the oreo iced capp and said it was exactly like a regular iced capp, but with a bunch of crap on top that you can't even taste until it gets to the bottom of the cup.

The donut on the other hand... good lord, it's tasty. Picked a great time to start doing 50g carb/day ... :cry:
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1402 posts
193 upvotes
Can you include the oreo doughnut and/or strawberry one in the dozen or is the dozen price just for regular $1 doughnuts?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31267 posts
17274 upvotes
Bastich wrote: FYI: Probably because it's not actual whipped cream.
:cool:
But edible oil product looks like whipped cream!
Ironically Dairy Queen also uses edible oil product.
Whoever invented this garbage should be killed repeatedly.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Donuts at low tier establishments like tims should. Ot exceed $1 per. Do they rhink theyre starbucks?
Nov 25, 2012
258 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
The Oreo donut didn't even taste like Oreos... mostly just like icing sugar... needed more of the cookie part taste... hmm disappointed.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2014
1239 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
Try it made with chocolate milk. Tastes a lot better and surprisingly gets rid of most of the sweetness.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2447 posts
239 upvotes
Brampton
Supercooled wrote: Donuts at low tier establishments like tims should. Ot exceed $1 per. Do they rhink theyre starbucks?
Starbucks is even worse because nothing they sell is remotely close to fresh baked goods and they sell it at a premium.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)