Off Topic

Locked: New Philippines PM - Shoot a drug dealer, get a medal - $100K dead

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 2:17 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 23, 2014
1345 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto, ON

New Philippines PM - Shoot a drug dealer, get a medal - $100K dead

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/r ... 00213.html

The tough on crime PM is about to make a splash and try fix the corrupt system...will be an interesting few years ahead for this vibrant SE Asia country!
Dual XEON E5-2696V4 | ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080Ti OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |1 TB Samsung 960 Pro
FreeNAS & Plex Server XEON E3 1265L V3 | Supermicro X10SAE | 16GB DDR3 ECC | 6 X 3TB HGST 7K4000 RAIDZ2 | 3 X 3TB HGST 7K4000 RAIDZ1
Share:
242 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6766 posts
713 upvotes
Toronto
traderjay wrote:
Jun 5th, 2016 4:39 pm
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/r ... 00213.html

The tough on crime PM is about to make a splash and try fix the corrupt system...will be an interesting few years ahead for this vibrant SE Asia country!
Years you say?

I highly doubt.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 22, 2006
20824 posts
2012 upvotes
Sounds like open invitation for gangs
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
411 upvotes
Concord, ON
I can't see how this can go wrong

But the corruption and large presence of Catholic Church there dooms the country to endless poverty, crime and exploitations

Democracy hasn't worked out for them
Banned
May 30, 2016
116 posts
16 upvotes
GrandePike wrote:
Jun 5th, 2016 7:05 pm
I can't see how this can go wrong

But the corruption and large presence of Catholic Church there dooms the country to endless poverty, crime and exploitations

Democracy hasn't worked out for them
Tim's needs its Temporary Foreign Workers. Plus the hotels and private homes need their maids. Plus private people need their nannies.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
14181 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto
So I can murder anyone I want in the Philippines as long as I sprinkle some crack on them and say they were a drug dealer? And the government will pay me for it?

Sounds like an interesting vacation idea for a serial killer
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Duterte is a hypocrite.

What is the most serious crime known to exist?
Murder.
What is Duterte not tolerant of?
Smoking in public, noise in public places.
What is he tolerant of?
Murder.
Sounds like a stable government to you?

Maybe it wont happen at all!
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/785011/com ... -vs-digong
COMMISSION on Elections (Comelec) Chair Andres Bautista said the poll body may consider the mandate given by the electorate to presidential candidate Rodrigo “Digong” Duterte in resolving the pending appeal on the disqualification cases against him.

Voting unanimously, the First Division of the Comelec dismissed in February all disqualification cases filed against Duterte, the tough-talking mayor of Davao City. However, two of the petitioners filed an appeal for reconsideration of the decision.


They still have time to get rid of him altogether. Duterte still has a pending disqualification case. Watch for news about him being disqualified. He filed his certificate of candidacy late and substituted for someone that accidentally wrote they were running for mayor of Pasay. This could lead to Duterte not even making it to the presidency. They have over 3 weeks left to decide if they stop him from being president.

EDIT: please correct it is not a "PM" its a president.
Merry krizmuss, Merry krizmuss, have a brite and a prospruss nieuw yaar.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
27014 posts
1725 upvotes
Winnipeg
interesting, let's see if it works out
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6784 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
Lol. Rival drug gangs will kill each other to get some cash and knock out the competition.
Temp. Banned
Apr 6, 2016
277 posts
8 upvotes
ashwanidesi wrote:
Jun 5th, 2016 7:22 pm
Tim's needs its Temporary Foreign Workers. Plus the hotels and private homes need their maids. Plus private people need their nannies.
And the farmers have the john deere in the field taking mj
Temp. Banned
Apr 6, 2016
277 posts
8 upvotes
divx wrote:
Jun 5th, 2016 10:28 pm
interesting, let's see if it works out
Well if your waiting I can try an remember to give it a bump
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3886 posts
985 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jun 5th, 2016 10:11 pm
Duterte is a hypocrite.

What is the most serious crime known to exist?
Murder.
What is Duterte not tolerant of?
Smoking in public, noise in public places.
What is he tolerant of?
Murder.
Sounds like a stable government to you?

Maybe it wont happen at all!
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/785011/com ... -vs-digong
COMMISSION on Elections (Comelec) Chair Andres Bautista said the poll body may consider the mandate given by the electorate to presidential candidate Rodrigo “Digong” Duterte in resolving the pending appeal on the disqualification cases against him.

Voting unanimously, the First Division of the Comelec dismissed in February all disqualification cases filed against Duterte, the tough-talking mayor of Davao City. However, two of the petitioners filed an appeal for reconsideration of the decision.


They still have time to get rid of him altogether. Duterte still has a pending disqualification case. Watch for news about him being disqualified. He filed his certificate of candidacy late and substituted for someone that accidentally wrote they were running for mayor of Pasay. This could lead to Duterte not even making it to the presidency. They have over 3 weeks left to decide if they stop him from being president.

EDIT: please correct it is not a "PM" its a president.
They would never impeach him at this point, if only because he was elected with overwhelming support, by many people who truly believe in him and his promise for change, who are tired of the oligarch families who have ran the Philippines for decades. If it happened there would be intense rioting in the streets, and the elites know it.

Say what you will about Duterte, a man of many deep flaws, but at least he is open about what he thinks and isn't afraid to stand up to people. Just his reply to the journalists who wanted to blackmail him was more than proof of that.

GrandePike wrote:
Jun 5th, 2016 7:05 pm
I can't see how this can go wrong

But the corruption and large presence of Catholic Church there dooms the country to endless poverty, crime and exploitations

Democracy hasn't worked out for them
It's totally wrong to imply that the popularity of the Catholic Church is the reason the Philippines is a poor country and will remain so. If anything, even though they are poor and there is a lot of corruption, because of their traditional Catholic values, Filipinos are well-raised, polite and disciplined, and hard workers who value family. You know that their birthrate per woman is twice that of Canada. Say what you will, but the future belongs to those who have children. When you go there, you see much, much more young adults than you do here. While the country is ridden with poverty, its economy keeps growing and developing steadily continuously.

Rather, it is the oligarch families from the old Spanish colonial days who to this day keep all the power and resources of the country to themselves and their cronies that perpetuate corruption and which constitute the problem. It's always the same few families who occupy nearly all the most important positions in politics, in business and even in show business as well.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4178 posts
112 upvotes
Austin/Markham
Piro21 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2016 9:42 pm
So I can murder anyone I want in the Philippines as long as I sprinkle some crack on them and say they were a drug dealer? And the government will pay me for it?

Sounds like an interesting vacation idea for a serial killer
Ever seen the Chappelle show? That's basically the joke for every episode about blacks getting shot and than getting sprinkled with coke.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
19065 posts
2639 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Somebody is going to take out this Prime Minister and his cabinet.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Poutinesauce wrote:
Jun 6th, 2016 1:16 am
They would never impeach him at this point,
This is not impeachment. Keep in mind Aquino is still in power and will be until June 30. Duterte is still just a 'winning candidate' but not a president for more than 3 weeks still.

This article discussed what will happen if the winner gets disqualified before taking office. This was about if it happened instead with Grace Poe.
http://www.manilatimes.net/vp-to-assume ... ed/248104/
"Brillantes pointed out that if Poe wins and the disqualification order comes out before noon on June 30, the presidential candidate who garnered the second most number of votes will be declared president."
So to adjust for the actual outcome but with the same rules, if DUTERTE wins and the disqualification order comes out before noon on June 30, the presidential candidate who garnered the second most number of votes will be declared president. Who got the second highest number of votes? Mar Roxas!
Image
You must understand the reasoning behind a disqualification before you denounce the decision. If they cheated Duterte, then there would be reason for protest. But these protests would not prosper or even last if it were over a legit disqualification case, which is what this is, a legit case.
Duterte filed well past the deadline. He opted to run as a substitute candidate for president instead. The person he substituted for put in his COC that he was running for mayor of Pasay. Under the omnibus election code no person shall be elected to any public office unless he or she files a sworn COC within the period fixed therein, unless otherwise by valid substitution. This literally means you are not qualified for president if you did not file properly. Exactly what Duterte is at fault for! The candidate must state the position he is running for. If you want to run for president but the COC says mayor of city in metro Manila, comelec may bar you unless you physically fix it, something that failed to be done in Dutertes case. In the case of substitution, the candidate must run for the position stated in the COC by that person. Duterte failed to satisfy these requirements because the person did not state that he is running for president. The COC is the binding document for being a candidate for president.

Duterte substituted for this candidate and whatever he stated, governs Duterte's candidacy since his late filing renders him unable to bypass the rules on substitution. See the error here where it says he is a candidate for mayor of Pasay. Because Duterte subbed in for him, this is what Duterte is stuck with! Nothing yet has happened with this case, but just wait and see.
Image

A years-old case shows what is supposed to happen with candidates that have the wrong position on their COCs!
http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/23298 ... councilman
Day-as barangay captain Michael Ocleasa Sr., who is seeking a second term, has agreed to run for barangay councilman after he mistakenly filled up and submitted to the Commission on Elections the certificate of candidacy (COC) for councilman. He said he considered filing a petition to change the position he sought but he realized that it might take long because the petition has to be filed in Manila and the elections are scheduled for Monday. City election officer for the north district Marchel Sarno said the certificate can no longer be changed because the deadline for the filing of COC was last October 18. With this, he said Ocleasa is officially considered a candidate for barangay councilman unless there are orders from the law department to allow Ocleasa to change his COC.

Think this can't happen to Duterte? Think again! It happened to Ocleasa, nothing can stop it from happening to Duterte since he is now in the same hole!

Martin Dino, whom Duterte is now a substitute for never changed his COC. So Duterte is technically not even considered a legit candidate for president since all are not qualified for election without a COC properly filed at the exact time as directed to everyone running. If he is disqualified, the people have no right to stage a protest. Instead they can get mad at Duterte and Martin Dino. Duterte is the one who decided to file 7 weeks after the strictly enforced deadline and Dino was the one who filed for mayor of Pasay. So blame them both for being stupid. Both mistakes were equally pathetic. Had Duterte filed when Binay, Roxas and Poe did theirs, then he would not be in this mess.

We will see what happens. But I am happy if Duterte the cold blooded killer gets booted out. Serves him right. No punishment will bring back the thousands of lives he has taken and WILL take as president. Nothing will undo the countless atrocious things he said to the world in the 3 months leading up to his presidency. The **** to Duterte!!!!!!!

EDIT: I thought of my new sig after dreaming about CAT scans last night. I laughed the whole way through writing it. Anyone else got a kick out of that? LOL
Merry krizmuss, Merry krizmuss, have a brite and a prospruss nieuw yaar.

Top