None
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16444 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal
pablonutribar wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 5:47 pm
Trump = worst choice for POTUS. - I think I sort of believe in human rights and rule of law after all!
Did Trump really say he believes in human rights and law?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7187 posts
233 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 7:34 pm
1) That wasn't even an apology. He blamed it on being tired and said he shouldn't have mentioned the word "jewish". He didn't say he doesn't want to be Hitler and he didn't say he doesn't want to kill 3 million drug addicts. How do you support someone who says they are Hitler? CANADIANS FOUGHT AND DIED FIGHTING AGAINST HITLER! Remember that. You're a traitor to this country and what it represents if you support people who say they are Hitler. I'm sorry but you don't get away with supporting someone who calls themselves Hitler because they vaguely apologized for saying the word "jewish". Check the transcripts.

2) What jewish community in the Philippines? I have more synagogues in my neighbourhood than the Philippines has in their country. Also, I imagine jewish people in the Philippines are required to accept Duterte's "apology" or they face persecution at the hands of someone who openly threatens to murder people and compares himself to Hitler. If you were jewish and living in a corrupt country like the Philippines, would you challenge the actions of the person who says he's Hitler? I know I wouldn't.

3) Let's see some links pointing to all this jewish support he has in the Philippines. You have made that claim multiple times now to try to deflect from Duterte calling himself Hitler but there is no evidence that I can find to support your claims.

Let's recap....you call people Nazis all the time yet here Duterte says he wants to be Hitler but that doesn't make him bad because he apologized for using the word "jewish". Good stuff. I'm actually surprised you're not a Trump fan, you seem to love populist leaders and you have no standards or consistency. He's a perfect match for someone like you!
1) He said sorry and the jewish community accepts it. He will be visiting Israel soon.

2) Do you need some history lesson?. Philippines took in 1300 jewish refugees during WW2.

http://www.jpost.com/Metro/The-Philippi ... ust-488500

You should be paying for giving you lessons. I shouldnt be working as your history teacher for free.

3) You see that link up there?. That is the main synagogue in the Philippines. The people who attended that included all the leaders in the jewish community INCLUDING Israel's ambassador to the Philippines.
If you were jewish and living in a corrupt country like the Philippines, would you challenge the actions of the person who says he's Hitler?

This is how I know you are have no clue on what you are talking about. Jews are actually protected in the philippines. Its been like that since WW2. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5835 posts
1191 upvotes
aGincourt
People are such sheep, will believe anything the Western media will feed them. Why are Canadians/Americans so obsessed about Duterte and what's going on in the Philippines when;

-It's on the other side of the world
-It's a poor country that has relatively no affect on the world
-I bet most people didn't even know the country existed until Duterte made the news

I guess it's so Canadians / Americans can pat themselves on the back for believing their society to be morally superior?

By the way
-Duterte's approval rating was at 82% 3 months ago
-Tens of thousands of Filipinos related to the drug trade have voluntarily surrendered since

Of course Liberals that support safe injection sites would be upset that ANIMALS don't get human rights...
May 22, 2016
809 posts
134 upvotes
Ontario
kevindurant1 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 9:47 am
1) He said sorry and the jewish community accepts it. He will be visiting Israel soon.

2) Do you need some history lesson?. Philippines took in 1300 jewish refugees during WW2.

You should be paying for giving you lessons. I shouldnt be working as your history teacher for free.

3) You see that link up there?. That is the main synagogue in the Philippines. The people who attended that included all the leaders in the jewish community INCLUDING Israel's ambassador to the Philippines.

This is how I know you are have no clue on what you are talking about. Jews are actually protected in the philippines. Its been like that since WW2. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
The jewish community does not accept his apology, maybe in the Philipines they do but the rest of the world is outraged. This guy says he wants to kill 3 million ppl like Hitler did and you support him? How can you support a madman?

"Hitler massacred three million Jews... there's three million drug addicts. I'd be happy to slaughter them," Classy guy you support.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1172 posts
119 upvotes
Logtown
webshark wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 12:40 am
The jewish community does not accept his apology, maybe in the Philipines they do but the rest of the world is outraged. This guy says he wants to kill 3 million ppl like Hitler did and you support him? How can you support a madman?

"Hitler massacred three million Jews... there's three million drug addicts. I'd be happy to slaughter them," Classy guy you support.
It's no surprise that antisemitism is tolerated in leftist circles, even though Jews aren't harming or even threatening them whatsoever.

Meanwhile Muslims threaten to wipe us off the face of the Earth (and their actions show they aren't kidding)..

Leftist: *crickets*

Muslims regularly commit acts of terrorism against us and western nations..

Someone dare criticize the Muslim religion..

Leftist: ISLAMOPHOBIA, RACISM, BIGOTRY

No reaching necessary to point out that leftists are very antisemitic and you can tell in their arguments who they are. They're also the virtue signalers who tend to liken anyone they disagree with as alt-right white supremacists while ignoring that white supremacists hate us Jews too, lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2127 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
AndySixx wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 1:15 am
It's no surprise that antisemitism is tolerated in leftist circles, even though Jews aren't harming or even threatening them whatsoever.

Meanwhile Muslims threaten to wipe us off the face of the Earth (and their actions show they aren't kidding)..

Muslims regularly commit acts of terrorism against us and western nations..

Someone dare criticize the Muslim religion..

Leftist: ISLAMOPHOBIA, RACISM, BIGOTRY

No reaching necessary to point out that leftists are very antisemitic and you can tell in their arguments who they are. They're also the virtue signalers who tend to liken anyone they disagree with as alt-right white supremacists while ignoring that white supremacists hate us Jews too, lol.
Who are these alleged "leftists"? How do you categorize them?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7187 posts
233 upvotes
webshark wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 12:40 am

Oh really?. Is that why he was invited to go to Israel?. The outrage is real.

Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

This fake anger is hilarious.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14181 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
It's amazing watching a guy who so blindly supports Filipino Trump attacking American Trump and his legion of blind supporters. You'd think the cognitive dissonance would be too much for him, but he just keeps going.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4656 posts
1579 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 1:17 pm
It's amazing watching a guy who so blindly supports Filipino Trump attacking American Trump and his legion of blind supporters. You'd think the cognitive dissonance would be too much for him, but he just keeps going.
You're perhaps assuming too much in the cognitive department. :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5966 posts
221 upvotes
Me: Let's see some links pointing to all this jewish support he has in the Philippines.

You:
kevindurant1 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 9:47 am

Missing, the links that show all of the support from jewish people in the Philippines for Duterte who compared himself favourably to HITLER.

Again, CANADA FOUGHT AGAINST HITLER. MY FAMILY MEMBERS DIED TO STOP HITLER. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BE HITLER THEY SHOULD BE DENOUNCED BY ALL CANADIANS. Except you it seems. Have fun with your Filipino Hitler I guess. I hope you don't regret supporting someone who calls themselves Hitler...
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
If anyone is going to claim anything is 'good in the Philippines' fine. But the credit does not go to Duterte. If it is good, it was probably like that from before he got in.
Jewish related stuff in the Philippines? This stuff goes back probably long before this idiot ever entered local politics. For things that have been like they are for decades DON'T CREDIT IT TO DUTERTE. So misleading! sheesh!

To those that are falling for these claims, I warn you about that. Keep in mind a lot of things in the country have nothing to do with this idiot of a president.
Merry krizmuss, Merry krizmuss, have a brite and a prospruss nieuw yaar.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7187 posts
233 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 1:36 pm
Me: Let's see some links pointing to all this jewish support he has in the Philippines.

You:

Missing, the links that show all of the support from jewish people in the Philippines for Duterte who compared himself favourably to HITLER.

Again, CANADA FOUGHT AGAINST HITLER. MY FAMILY MEMBERS DIED TO STOP HITLER. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BE HITLER THEY SHOULD BE DENOUNCED BY ALL CANADIANS. Except you it seems. Have fun with your Filipino Hitler I guess. I hope you don't regret supporting someone who calls themselves Hitler...
Your family died trying to stop Hitler?. They must be rolling in their graves now if they can see how much you support ACTUAL Nazi's and Alt Right. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
It's amazing watching a guy who so blindly supports Filipino Trump attacking American Trump and his legion of blind supporters
How is he the filipino Trump?. You do realize that he has more in common with Sanders than Trump right?. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5966 posts
221 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 2:31 pm
Your family died trying to stop Hitler?. They must be rolling in their graves now if they can see how much you support ACTUAL Nazi's and Alt Right. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
I've never defended Nazis or the alt-right. I've defended freedom of speech (which is also what my family members gave their lives for) and I've defended indigenous kids who were members of the Proud Boys who you labeled as Nazis but I've never defended Nazis. Sorry to disappoint you.

Meanwhile, you defend someone who says he wants to be HITLER. Maybe you just don't understand what Nazis and Hitler actually are. Did you go through the Canadian school system? Wearing an arm patch and carrying a tiki torch doesn't make you a Nazi. Demonizing a group of people (addicts) and committing mass murder IS what Hitler did. You're likely getting confused because you have no perspective and haven't actually seen people sacrifice to stop people like Hitler. Tiki torch Nazis should be condemned and ignored, that's how you deal with those losers. PEOPLE ACTUALLY ACTING LIKE HITLER AFTER SAYING THEY WANT TO BE HITLER SHOULD BE STOPPED. But you want to stop the former and support the latter. Strange and very inconsistent beliefs on your part.

I'd say your family members are rolling in their graves at your support of Filipino Hitler but it sounds like you and your family don't stand up for much...
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
3437 posts
195 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 5:44 pm
Weird because I never see you defending people like Heather Heyer or people who oppose supremacist.
So how about asking hugh_da_man if he supports the freedom of speech of people who oppose supremacists. I'm willing to bet he will say yes.

Now ask him if he supports the right of supremacists or people who oppose supremacists to promote their beliefs using violence ...... what do you think his answer will be?

Now do you understand the difference between supporting an ideology and supporting the right of followers of the ideology to peacefully promote it?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5966 posts
221 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
No need to twist yourself in a pretzel. I already know who you identify with. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Yes, I DON'T identify with Filipino Hitler or anyone else who wants to be Hitler or carry out atrocities like Hitler. Now you denounce him and Hitler.

kevindurant1 wrote:
Next time I say something about Nazi's, KKK, Supremacists, Alt Right. Im sure you will be there to defend their "freedom of speech". Like CLOCKWORK.
No sorry. Next time you try to make indigenous kids into Nazis with ZERO proof I will be there to defend them from your bigotry though.

kevindurant1 wrote:
Weird because I never see you defending people like Heather Heyer or people who oppose supremacist.
There is no need to defend people who oppose "supremacists" because no one tries to limit "popular" speech. If you were saying that Heather Heyer should be violently prevented from speaking I would argue against you and your relentless attempts to limit freedom. Her death was a terrible thing though and should be held up as an example of what extremism is capable of and why we need rule of law in western countries. The cops stood down and that allowed an evil person to murder her. I think that's a travesty.

I denounce all of those people in Charlottesville. I do not support their message or what they're saying but I begrudgingly admit that they have a right to say it and I wouldn't do anything to limit that right as I fear that further limits to free speech hurt everyone and not just the tiki torch Nazis.

kevindurant1 wrote:
You are always defending that side. Grandpa who fought the Nazi's must be so proud. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
I'm sure they're all looking down and smiling. They weren't idiots who can't see the difference between defending free speech and supporting Nazi ideas. They'd support denouncing Nazis and defending free speech too. You on the other hand want to limit free speech and support Filipino Hitler. I'm sure they'd have a history lesson or two for you. They'd have a problem with your attempts to limit the freedom that they gave their lives for and you supporting someone who says that he wants to be HITLER.

kevindurant1 wrote:
Still way better than defending Nazis which you fully admitted.
I'm sorry but you'll have to point out where I defended Nazis. Again, I was likely defending free speech and you're inability to grasp the difference doesn't mean that I was defending Nazis.

The reason I defend free speech is because popular speech doesn't need defending but you never know what will become popular and unpopular speech. My biggest fear is that we allow our government to put limits on speech and then all of a sudden it's hate speech to point out that catholic priests are pedophiles. Unfortunately, to make sure we have access to ALL speech we need to make sure that we protect both popular and unpopular speech. The unfortunate part being that unpopular speech can sometimes be about criticizing pedophile priests but it can also be tiki torch Nazis chanting stupid crap. I can say that one is good and one is bad and I would be able to identify which one needs to be limited but I don't want the government making that decision and thus both must be allowed. The fact that you see that as a defense of Nazis is mindboggling but you support someone who LITERALLY SAID HE WANTS TO BE HITLER and so I guess I can't try to make sense of the way you think.