New Phone - Recommendations

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2017 11:05 am
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12020 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
myinglin0318 wrote: Uh yeah? A thicker phone can also come with a bigger battery and hide the ugly ass camera hump too, so 2 birds with one stone, why not? I don't know why they are all aiming for thinner phones when battery life is number one priority.
Get yourself an Otter Box and the hump will disappear.
Sep 1, 2011
186 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
jojochiu wrote: Thanks!

What do you guys think of the LG G5? I was looking into this one on the weekend.
I have used both Samsung S7 Edge and LG G5.

Here is my 2 cents opinion: Both phone take great pictures. Absolutely gorgeous. G5 night time pictures will be a little bit more grainy but you really have to magnify it to see the difference. I feel both phones has same battery endurance. Both last me through 1 day without having to re-charge. I mainly do social media, listen tThough G5 spare battery really comes in handy. Very easy to open up and insert spare battery.

Quality of the built is excellent for both phone. Really sturday.

Having use both phones, I like the LG UI much better than the Samsung one.

S7 has better audio output than the G5. Better sound quality.

I have more software issue with Samsung phones more than any other phone I have use (LG, Sony, ...). Just my personal opinions.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
I'm eligible for a hardware upgrade at Rogers and was wondering - between Samsung Galaxy S7 and Google Pixel, which phone would you recommend, and why?

Currently on an Xperia Z3, but I really want to replace it...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
M1GOmigs wrote: I'm eligible for a hardware upgrade at Rogers and was wondering - between Samsung Galaxy S7 and Google Pixel, which phone would you recommend, and why?

Currently on an Xperia Z3, but I really want to replace it...
Personally? Pixel. Reasons:

- Stock Android > TouchWiz. This is my primary reason. And this is a HUGE one for me. I dunno if I could ever go back to Samsung bloat.
- Very highly reviewed camera (though the S7 is no slouch)
- Monthly security patches (this isn't a must-have, but it's a nice-to-have)
- Free unlimited full resolution cloud photo storage (not really a must-have either, Google's unlimited "high quality but not full res" is mostly good enough for me).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Personally? Pixel. Reasons:

- Stock Android > TouchWiz. This is my primary reason. And this is a HUGE one for me. I dunno if I could ever go back to Samsung bloat.
- Very highly reviewed camera (though the S7 is no slouch)
- Monthly security patches (this isn't a must-have, but it's a nice-to-have)
- Free unlimited full resolution cloud photo storage (not really a must-have either, Google's unlimited "high quality but not full res" is mostly good enough for me).
Pretty much my reasons for leaning Pixel as well. Is the cloud storage unlimited in perpetuity, or for like a certain period of time?
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
M1GOmigs wrote: Pretty much my reasons for leaning Pixel as well. Is the cloud storage unlimited in perpetuity, or for like a certain period of time?
Well, nothing is guaranteed to last forever (if Google somehow folds, so goes your data)... But aside from that, I'm not seeing anything anywhere indicating that there's any limits of any kind on the Pixel's photo/video cloud storage. All photos and videos uploaded from your Pixel are exempt from counting against your storage limits, forever.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)