Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina

New food & drink product finds

Found something new and exciting at the store? Snap a picture and share it with other RFDer's in this thread.

Please include the store you found it in and the price to help other members track the item down.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 17th, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated post content
6205 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Good idea for a thread!! Most of the new products I've tried lately have been President's Choice, so I've been posting in that thread.

Saw a new product the other day, little plastic cups of rice, with an upside down plastic cup of sauce on the top of it. Guess just heat and eat for a quick lunch. Think it was Uncle Ben's brand. Interesting packaging concept.

Tried a "Limited Edition" Fresh Express Salad kit in Pear/Gorgonzola flavour. It was good, a little on the sweetish side, but I'd buy it again. Served it with strips of breaded pork cutlet and slices of fresh pears.

http://www.freshexpress.com/product/del ... a-kit.aspx

I kind of like these salad "kits" for quick dinners on lazy summer days.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
hordosr wrote: also trying the chicken and veggie potstickers that are new at RCSS - not sure of the brand name but they were $4 for a decent sized bag and low fat compared to the pork ones
Are these frozen pot stickers? I'm looking for a new brand. I got an "off" batch in the brand I'd been buying.
Mar 2, 2007
727 posts
23 upvotes
I can tell you something I really didn't like from Dairy Queen recently, the fajita burger! It was flat out disgusting, stale tortilla strips, a very odd tasting sauce and the pepper jack cheese tasted off as well. This burger didn't do it for me. In all fairness, DQ specializes in their great dairy treats but I didn't go in expecting great things from this burger. Do yourself a favour, don't get it! Take advantage of their shake deal however, put your $2.99 on that instead.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
callitasicit wrote: I can tell you something I really didn't like from Dairy Queen recently, the fajita burger! .
Thanks. I just saw the ad for that burger last night and thought it looked a little interesting.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
bonterra wrote: Are these frozen pot stickers? I'm looking for a new brand. I got an "off" batch in the brand I'd been buying.

they are frozen pot stickers made by O'Tasty
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2541 posts
2315 upvotes
Pickering
Limited Edition Oreo's "Cookies & Creme Shake" flavor being sold @ the Metro stores.

Gotta give it a 9/10. It was extremely delicious & I'm picking up some more for myself when I get the chance.

I also tried the new Oh Henry's Premium Sundae @ Baskin Robbins a few weeks ago. I also found that pretty delicious & recommend that to anyone if they ever go down there. =)
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
hordosr wrote: they are frozen pot stickers made by O'Tasty
Thanks. Will try them.

Noticed today that the "Paris Toasts", little square crispy cracker things that are good as a base for canapes etc. now come in "Spicy". They've got kind of a reddish tinge to them.

The Limited Edition Oreos sound good!!
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
1113 posts
19 upvotes
New ice cream product for me was the Magnum Premium bar. I had the plain one (did not opt for the caramel center).

It was rich and decadent but very similar to a premium dove ice cream or haagen daz deluxe bar.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Spotted at Superstore, Que Pasa brand tortilla chips, special edition for Canada Day, Red & White mixture.

They look really nice.

Also noticed special extra large marshmallows for camp fire roasting.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Spotted at Superstore, Que Pasa brand tortilla chips, special edition for Canada Day, Red & White mixture.

They look really nice.

Also noticed special extra large marshmallows for camp fire roasting.
I didn't think those red and white chips were new?
maybe new to Superstore. but the store I shop at have had these for a few years year round- these are not chain stores.

Natural food pantry
Farm Boy
Cedar's Grocery (middle eastern grocery store).

I haven't bought much packaged stuff this year.

But online my 2 great finds are from Nuts Online

-honey mustard rice crackers, taste like the Sneiders pretzel bits,but low fat and no msg!

http://www.nutsonline.com/snacks/asian/ ... nacks.html

peanut butter bar- like Crispy Crunch but without chocolate.
I hate the chocolate on crispy crunch and these bars are great!
too addictive though...had to hide them so i don't eat them all....

http://www.nutsonline.com/chocolatesswe ... -bars.html
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Chips Ahoy Middles. Looks like a chocolate chip cookie with chocolate filling.

And Chex are back.

Both spotted at Wal Mart.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2541 posts
2315 upvotes
Pickering
Don't mean to intrude, but whereabouts was the Wal-Mart you saw this at? ^
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
559 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Saffron threads in a 1 gram glass container are $15 at Costco.
They also have sprouted grain/beans to add to soup or sides.

Highland Farms has Maldon salt flakes, hard to find.
Wish I could find Diamond Crystal kosher salt.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
I saw the saffron, didn't notice the sprouted grains yet but they sound good.

Some Metro locations carry Maldon salt, and, for awhile, they also had smoked Maldon Sea salt. Haven't seen the smoked version for some time, though.

Will watch for the Diamond kosher salt, and report back if spotted.

Also saw a Perugina Baci chocolate BAR today at WalMart. Love Bacis but a single bar would be nice instead of buying a box of individual chocolates.
Jan 15, 2007
307 posts
63 upvotes
jayt90 wrote: Wish I could find Diamond Crystal kosher salt.

Pretty sure Diana's seafood has this. I can verify if I get there before anyone else.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
bonterra wrote: I saw the saffron, didn't notice the sprouted grains yet but they sound good.

Some Metro locations carry Maldon salt, and, for awhile, they also had smoked Maldon Sea salt. Haven't seen the smoked version for some time, though.

Will watch for the Diamond kosher salt, and report back if spotted.

Also saw a Perugina Baci chocolate BAR today at WalMart. Love Bacis but a single bar would be nice instead of buying a box of individual chocolates.

I have seen the Baci bars for years around here where I shop- it is a 100 gram bar I think? or 150 grams?
haven't bought one in ages.
I actually like the individual chocolates better.

Also for Baci at the store I go to- a local Italian shop they sell the chocolates in a 200 gram bag for around $6 I think...haven't bought any this year yet.
Last year during the holidays they also had a really nice Baci ceramic mug filled w chocolate....really wish I had bought one- the mug looked really nice and was huge.

*If you like Baci, you might like Ragussa chocolate- it is very similar w hazelnut, but is more a hazelnut paste w whole nuts inside.
I know online Chocodirect sells it, and also the local grocery stores I go to carry it usually.....and they also get it from Chocodirect as it has their label on it like when I order online,lol!

I haven't seen anything "new" in the stores, but I bought some sauces online from a place called Terrapin Ridge Farms (in the US) and they have a Blueberry mustard dip and it is amazingly good.
I left the jar at my parents as my mother really liked it.
I never expected blueberry and mustard to be good together.
next time I'm in the US I am buying 4 jars to bring back.

http://www.terrapinridge.com/dips/blueb ... d54mvajk73

the dip is like blueberry, dijon mustard and honey- maybe I will try and make something like that here- I have tons of mustard and honey...
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Bookpreviews wrote: I haven't seen anything "new" in the stores, but I bought some sauces online from a place called Terrapin Ridge Farms (in the US) and they have a Blueberry mustard dip and it is amazingly good.
I see Terrapin Ridge products sometimes in the HomeSense food section.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
New Cadbury Dairy Milk bars, Cashew & Toasted Coconut and Pretzel and Peanut Butter.

Both good. Found in a stand alone cardboard display at Superstore.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

ElaineB852835