• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 3:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
New Kettle Brand chips, Korean Barbecue. Purple bag.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
New in the Metro flyer Ben & Jerry's Coffee Caramel Fudge and Chocolate Fudge Brownie Non Dairy Frozen Dessert.

New flavours from Uncle Ben's Bistro Express line, Butter and Garlic, and Smokey Red Beans and Rice.

New from Dr. Oetker brand, Guiseppe Paninis, Bruschetta and Supremo. New Ristorante pizza, Ultra Thin Crust Kale Bacon and Ricotta.

New Cinnamon Bun Oreos in new Superstore flyer.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3587 posts
1120 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 12:18 am
Thnaks! Found them today at Shoppers. Not cheap but after your recommendation I'm going to try them this week. :)
They go on sale for 3.49 at Shoppers and I happened to be there one Tuesday when they were doing markdowns and putting $3 off stickers on all the near-expiry stuff. At $.49 I bought enough to become thoroughly addicted (i.e., pay full price, lol).

Shoppers also has the best prices on PepsiCo brand chips on the weekend sales and markdown days as compared to anywhere else. E.g., this weekend Lay's are $1.88 (Doritos, Cheetos, Ruffles also go on weekend sale at that price) and they will happily accept the www.tastyrewards.ca coupon save $1 WUB 2 Wavy Lays for this week's sale. Cheetos are $2/4 all week and there is a $.50 or $.75 per bag coupon on Tasty Rewards. If you like PepsiCo brands, I highly recommend Shoppers and Tasty Rewards. Get fatter cheaper :D lol no it is a good thing sales are mostly limited to weekends only.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3587 posts
1120 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 2:29 pm
New in the Metro flyer Ben & Jerry's Coffee Caramel Fudge and Chocolate Fudge Brownie Non Dairy Frozen Dessert.

New flavours from Uncle Ben's Bistro Express line, Butter and Garlic, and Smokey Red Beans and Rice.

New from Dr. Oetker brand, Guiseppe Paninis, Bruschetta and Supremo. New Ristorante pizza, Ultra Thin Crust Kale Bacon and Ricotta.

New Cinnamon Bun Oreos in new Superstore flyer.
I searched for Guiseppe Panini and all I got was some dude on Facebook. I thought this might be some kind of bun but it looks like a log-shaped pizza?

McCain has been promoting its new Marche line and it has three cheese, pepperoni and deluxe "pocket" type pizzas with a non-gummy crust which I have been buying. $2 coupons were available through McCain's mailing list and this month Smartsource has put $1 coupons in stores with Coupon Zones. 2 to a box, retail $1.99-$3.99 (usually $2.99) but you can get them for under $1 or free. Smartsource also released a $1 coupon for Dr. Oetker Ristorante (any, not just...kale, lol). AND there is also a $1 coupon for the Banana Shreddies cereal I posted about earlier. (I ate my box already; it was good.) Loblaws/Zehrs puts it in the flyer as "Post cereal" as low as $1.67 so another new-and-cheap one.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 12:07 am
The Smartfood is definitely new but the Tostitos have been around. They used to be my favourite tortilla, but now it's pc lime & habanero chili kettle-cooked tortilla chips, which are greasier :D
I got that mixed up, it's not Hint of Lime that is new. It's Hint of Jalapeno.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
So many new products lately!!

Brookside Merlot Grape & Black Currant Flavour with Dark Chocolate, also Chardonnay Grape and Peach Flavour with Dark Chocolate.

Hershey's Cookie + Caramel, Milk Chocolate Bars with Shortbread Cookie Bits and Caramel, also Cookie + Vanilla Creme, Milk Chocolate Cookie Bits and Vanilla Creme.

New brand of tortilla chips made in Mexico but imported by the Vachon group. Takis Fuego, Chili Pepper and Lime Flavored, labeled Extreme heat, and Crunchy Fajitas, labeled Zesty.

All spotted at Superstore.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3587 posts
1120 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 12:27 am
New brand of tortilla chips made in Mexico but imported by the Vachon group. Takis Fuego, Chili Pepper and Lime Flavored, labeled Extreme heat, and Crunchy Fajitas, labeled Zesty.
These are rolled-up cigars like the Doritos Dynamite? I neeeed to find these but I only see them for several hundred dollars on Amazon lol. I hope they show up here. Thanks for the heads up.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
Yup, like the rolled Doritos. At my Superstore they're at the end of the chip aisle, close to where the PC and El Paso Mexican products are located.

Another new line of tortilla chips at Superstore, Nellie O'Connor's, very different flavours, Korean BBQ (Korean BBQ seems to be the flavour of the year), Thai Coconut, Mac Cheese and Ketchup, and (I can't even imagine this one as a tortilla chip) Cream Cheese and Red Pepper Jelly.

Also a freezer bunker of individual servings of Molisana Tiramisu and BellaberrY Cheesecake, Cherry, Strawberry and Chocolate, and garlic bread. Buy 10 or more, $1, fewer $1.29.

I have GOT to learn how to post pictures!! I take pictures of all this stuff.
Dec 24, 2005
85 posts
13 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 7:35 pm
Yup, like the rolled Doritos. At my Superstore they're at the end of the chip aisle, close to where the PC and El Paso Mexican products are located.

I have GOT to learn how to post pictures!! I take pictures of all this stuff.
I'd love to see photos of the new Takis-like tortilla chips that you've seen at RCSS.

If you took the pictures on your phone, you can log on to this forum using your phone's web browser and when you are replying to a post, click on the "Images" tab below the text field and it should let you insert photos from your photo library to your posts.
image.png
Dec 24, 2005
85 posts
13 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 1:17 pm
These are rolled-up cigars like the Doritos Dynamite? I neeeed to find these but I only see them for several hundred dollars on Amazon lol. I hope they show up here. Thanks for the heads up.
Are these really that difficult to find? There is one place in Mississauga that I know of that sells Takis. But I'm wondering if maybe they are difficult to find because I don't shop at Mexican grocers or maybe there aren't even that many specialty Mexican grocers in Toronto?
Dec 24, 2005
85 posts
13 upvotes
So, they're back...didn't see a recent post about these. I found these at Shoppers tonight. It doesn't say "new" nor "limited" anywhere on the bag and the Cheetos Canada FB page says they're here to stay!
Images
  • image.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
Ok think the Takis should appear.
Images
  • 20170302_183512.jpg
Feb 19, 2017
30 posts
5 upvotes
Bookpreviews wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 9:38 pm
Well.ca has had them for at least a year or two.

I usually buy the Ginger people brand when in the US as it is much cheaper.
the peanut ginger is good and so is the apple cinnamon ginger.

I am not a fan of mango ginger or mint ginger.
-but everyone likes different things :)
Great find! will check it!