Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7951 posts
8799 upvotes
GT-EH
ronnielarmond wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 10:26 pm
Where do banks get the money to pay interest for this promo??
Mortgages, loans, HELOCs, etc (all of them are mostly @ 3.5% or higher)
The difference is about 1-2% which they keep.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3314 posts
178 upvotes
How are people transfering between their simplii and tangerine accounts? Are they just writing cheques to themselves and depositing?

Thanks in advance!
Jan 29, 2017
936 posts
772 upvotes
Mint wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 3:34 pm
How are people transfering between their simplii and tangerine accounts? Are they just writing cheques to themselves and depositing?

Thanks in advance!
You can link accounts from Tangerine to Simplii (easy) or the other way around, a bit more work.
Mar 20, 2016
382 posts
176 upvotes
this offer is not based on "average" account balance like the simplii one right?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1034 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
ed7258 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 2:41 am
I wonder if you anyone could have an experience with Tangerine approach to joint accounts:
I have a joint saving account with my wife (2% negotiated rate until end of March), and she has her own saving account (1% interest rate). She received and accepted the offer. I didn't receive anything.
If at the start of period we had 10 000k on joint, will it be a part of HER snapshot? Will it still continue to earn 2%?
if I add new money to joint account, will we get 2.5% on that?
thank you.
The way I interpret the terms (point 18 in particular), joint account acts just like a single-owner account that belongs to the Primary Account Holder for this bonus interest purpose. (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.)
18. The Offer is only applicable to Applicable Accounts where the Eligible Client is the person whose name appears first on the Bank statement (the “Primary Account Holder”). For Applicable Accounts where an Eligible Client is not the Primary Account Holder (example: the Eligible Client is not the Primary Account Holder on a joint Account and is listed second on the statement for that Account), the Offer will not be applied to that particular Account. Where money is transferred from an Account where the Eligible Client is listed second on the statement to an Applicable Account where the Eligible Client is the Primary Account Holder, that transfer will be eligible for Additional Interest.
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Feb 14, 2006
922 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
ToniCipriani wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:41 pm
Go under Profile & Settings / Bonuses & Contests to see if the bonus rate actually applied. It should be under Your Special Rate Offers.

The website has been acting weird, I briefly got the no longer offered error, then it popped back on saying it's applied to my savings. Transfers also taking a long time spinning.
+1

Agreed. Insight tab doesn't work as intended however it has applied the promotion.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1708 posts
334 upvotes
Ottawa
RunOrDie wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 8:50 am
>$50K
I wasn't able to do more than $50,000 in a single transaction, but oddly enough making multiple transfers was fine.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3314 posts
178 upvotes
peli33 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 5:00 pm
You can link accounts from Tangerine to Simplii (easy) or the other way around, a bit more work.
Ahh I see. Good to know!
Nov 15, 2006
124 posts
18 upvotes
Winnipeg
Tangerine couldn't help me so off to Simplii I go!
Nov 26, 2016
161 posts
26 upvotes
Is there a calculator as to how much interest I will make from this 5month period assuming I deposited one sum of cash into the account the first day? Ex. If i deposited 10k (not planning to remove any money from the account), how much interest will I get after the 5 months in total?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3255 posts
3086 upvotes
Montreal
ronnielarmond wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 5:24 pm
Is there a calculator as to how much interest I will make from this 5month period assuming I deposited one sum of cash into the account the first day? Ex. If i deposited 10k (not planning to remove any money from the account), how much interest will I get after the 5 months in total?
http://www.thecalculatorsite.com/financ ... ulator.php
Dec 12, 2010
543 posts
80 upvotes
I got the email and can see the offer in my insights tab but when I click activate now it says oops this offer is no longer available.... What gives?

The email clearly says it's available until January 31...
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1743 posts
514 upvotes
chaugh wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 6:54 pm
I got the email and can see the offer in my insights tab but when I click activate now it says oops this offer is no longer available.... What gives?

The email clearly says it's available until January 31...
It's a glitch on the website. Check Account Details in your savings account and it should confirm the 2.5% rate.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)