Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

New Promo 2.5% for FIVE months *Targeted*

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2018 8:46 am
Tags:
Jan 10, 2017
159 posts
142 upvotes
Can you activate this at a later date? or will this offer expire?
and what if you withdraw your money and put it back in. Does that count as new deposit? just a thought.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3763 posts
1545 upvotes
Montreal
James8 wrote: Can you activate this at a later date? or will this offer expire?
and what if you withdraw your money and put it back in. Does that count as new deposit? just a thought.
you have to activate it before january 30th, you can always activate it and use it for later.
they did a snapshot on January 2nd and withdrawal after that and re-deposit doesn't count.
Jul 21, 2015
297 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto, ON
James8 wrote: Can you activate this at a later date? or will this offer expire?
1. Offer must be activated by Jan 31st.
2. Doesn't matter, every day anything up to the total you had before jan 1st is calculated at 1%, everything above that gets the 1 plus a bonus 1.5%. You can dip below that total and come back above it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
tmonies wrote: Nevermind, please disregard... looks like it's just a mobile website glitch on Tangerine's website. Went to documents under profile and found the interest rate activation confirmation message.

Confirmation that You've Activated Your Special Savings Rate Offer
11:59 AM

Just a quick note to confirm that you've activated your offer and will be earning your special interest rate on new deposits to your Applicable Account(s) during the Offer Period.

To read the offer details, click your name in the top right corner of the screen and go to 'Profile & Settings'. From there, go to 'Bonuses & Contests' and scroll down.
I also encountered error when trying to activate the offer. I went to the profile and bonuses to check, but nothing was activated.

Nvm. I logged out the account, and logged back in, and try again, no error this time around.
Last edited by ricedion on Jan 3rd, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
Is it highest balance Jan 2? Moved the balance out on the 2nd to Simplii.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah I guess I'll move mine from Simplii on Mar 1.
Aug 26, 2011
574 posts
400 upvotes
Don't see it for me, have 8.5K in tuition money sitting and would rather collect some interest until May ... any way to get a bump from Tangerine? Or easy bank to transfer funds to?
Oct 31, 2009
404 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver
badhacker wrote: Just curious... What is the rate after 5 months?
2.3% with EQ :)
May 26, 2014
253 posts
353 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I didn't get an offer at all. Haven't had one in over a year now... Is there some trick to getting these targeted to you?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6055 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
nots ure about anyone else, but the site is ginving me lots of problems now

if i open a new tfsa account, will it be eligible for the promo rate?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3763 posts
1545 upvotes
Montreal
pencil364 wrote: I didn't get an offer at all. Haven't had one in over a year now... Is there some trick to getting these targeted to you?
the old school way giving them a call should fix the issue, they usually apply the promo afterward.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2015
1091 posts
976 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i guess this is better than nothing but my primary bank HSBC is running a 2.5% interest promo till march 15th. It is troubling when HSBC is offering the same interest rates as tangerine and they offer all the benefits if being a brick and mortar bank. Will just move my money after march.
If my post is helpful don't forget to hit that upvote!
Jul 19, 2015
798 posts
1014 upvotes
London, ON
Anyone else having massive problems with their site all of the sudden? Pretty much unstable for me right now, keep getting error messages. Trying to go into any menus like move my money it just all comes up blank page. Why is there also a big "Make a payment" button under one of my rsp loans bu I can't press it, man I miss the old website
Last edited by xFRUGALITYx on Jan 3rd, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 1, 2006
743 posts
49 upvotes
Getting 3% from Simplii until end of Feb. Hopefully this Tangerine offer is still there after Feb..

Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 31, 2009
404 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver
jzy wrote: Getting 3% from Simplii until end of Feb. Hopefully this Tangerine offer is still there after Feb..

Smiling Face With Open Mouth
You have to accept by Jan 31.
Mar 14, 2010
283 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Chingyul wrote: Is it highest balance Jan 2? Moved the balance out on the 2nd to Simplii.
If you only initiated the transfer to Simplii on the 2nd, the transfer will not take place on the same day and therefore your balance before initiating the transfer will be the higher amount. You can confirm thisby logging into your account and verifying the end of day balance for Jan 02.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2279 posts
2192 upvotes
xFRUGALITYx wrote: Anyone else having massive problems with their site all of the sudden? Pretty much unstable for me right now, keep getting error messages. Trying to go into any menus like move my money it just all comes up blank page. Why is there also a big "Make a payment" button under one of my rsp loans bu I can't press it, man I miss the old website
Same here ... It is still loading at this very moment.
“Ninety percent of all human wisdom is the ability to mind your own business.”
— Robert A. Heinlein
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1394 posts
783 upvotes
send242me wrote: Guess I'll move some when Simplii is done ..
Ychanceit wrote: Got the offer, guess I'll use that after simplii runs out
1226 wrote: Yeah I guess I'll move mine from Simplii on Mar 1.
Something to note. To initiate a transfer from Simplii to Tangerine, you have to link the accounts. For a push, Simplii only links an external chequing account, as they require a physical cheque sent to them. So if one is to move money from Simplii savings to Tangerine savings, you would probably have to do a Tangerine (pull). I haven't done this yet, but it looks to be the case from the small print I've read.
Jun 1, 2006
743 posts
49 upvotes
migx wrote: You have to accept by Jan 31.
Thanks. Activated, will transfer money after Feb.
May 22, 2015
498 posts
366 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Seems like it's more hoops to jump through to get bonus interest rates now, instead of it being available without accepting anything

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)